OBESE

8 gangs!

So I was just browsing the forum and going through the player factions when I stumbled upon something that has been in the server for a while and in my opinion is dumb and unfair. Im talking about gang colours. Rarely any gang does not have colour, I would guess Clowns are actually the only ones without specific dress code or gang colour (might be wrong), but most of the server groups/gangs do have "their" colour and that leads to issues with other gangs that might be representing the same colour.

If we follow the logic that we see on the server right now, where a gang claims a colour and that's it, it's theirs, then technically speaking we can only have 8 gangs on the server.

We have 3 primary colours which are: Blue, Red, Yellow.
Then we have 3 more secondary colours, which are: Purple, Orange, Green
Of course we have two extra colours which are: Black, White

Im not gonna go into tertiary colours as those are already in-between one of the mentioned colours and from experience I can tell, them don't fly well by the gangs that have claimed one of the 8 above listed colours, because anything that remotely remind of one of the primary or secondary colours is a no go.

So that leads us to the fact that we can have maximum of 8 gangs on the server to not have conflict over colour, otherwise if you create a gang with any of the claimed colours you, unintentionally are putting your newly created gang at the wrong side of other gang and potential conflict if not even a war straight away without any other/real reason for conflict.

That's like you creating your character and half of the server immediately hates you!

So how fair and realistic it is for a gang to not only be hostile towards someone wearing "their" colours in their turf, but on the scale of the whole server? And where does it leads when the person wearing the colour is a civilian and has nothing to do with a gang?

So let me see which would be the main gangs, that have claimed one of the colours:

Blue - Los Zetas
Yellow - Latin Kings, Vagos
Red - Los Triads
Green - The Irish Mob(not sure they still function), Forum Drive Families, SeaWeed
Purple - La'Ultima Familia, Ballas
Orange - The Wanted
Black -  The Marcello Family
White - Not sure anyone uses white as that is basic colour

This list is based on my memory as I have not followed the gangs on the server for some time, so feel free to update if anything is missing or wrong. 

Edited by OBESE
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, DGanja said:

Ya snooze ya lose. I don't see it as unrealistic or unfair seeing as gangs in real life claim colors or symbols.

Oh sure thing, but then again, they not gonna drive to someones territory and shoot them due to colour or fuck with civilians who wears their colours in middle of a town you know?

• Like 1

In my opinion I don't see and issue with gangs restricting colours. 

When we started the Triads we were a lot smaller and chose our current colour, however at one point a larger gang took the colour and we swapped to a bright red due to conflict of interest. With growth of the gang we had the influence to dictate which colour was ours, going back to the OG red.

TLDR: Most gangs have earned these colours and they represent the gang as a whole, e.g. zetas blue. 

If you have a problem with forcing other gangs out of colours perhaps take it up IC instead of implying that OOC restrictions should be added to a colour.

• Like 2

SeaWeed originally started with a green color but swapped due to the dispute of the Irish colors. We then swapped to Black and Red which we held proud until Irish died and we took over and plan to maintain that color.

You want something in the criminal world take it or earn it.

EDIT: @Darius Bivins You ain't never wear no clothes but your dirty ass boxers stop lying

Edited by Shorty

I actually talked about this with people before.
I remember back in the past when Mercia was trying to become official, it was a requirement to not just have a gang color as it wouldn't be realistic. The dress code was changed to formal clothes and a tie. I am not sure what happend to this requirement.
I love the clowns and this is the exact reason why. They only have matching masks, no car colors, clothes or anything. And it makes sense in my opinion, as you pretty much only wear a mask when commiting crimes anyway. 
From one side I think its 100% up to the gang itself to decide what to do as this is a very great way for PD for example to recognize who is involved, but due to how not realistic it is in my opinion I think this should be a requirement (again) to become a fully official faction. Now it kind of feels like carnival.

Edited by Yputi
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, CallumMontie said:

When we started the Triads we were a lot smaller and chose our current colour, however at one point a larger gang took the colour and we swapped to a bright red due to conflict of interest. With growth of the gang we had the influence to dictate which colour was ours, going back to the OG red.

TLDR: Most gangs have earned these colours and they represent the gang as a whole, e.g. zetas blue. 

If you have a problem with forcing other gangs out of colours perhaps take it up IC instead of implying that OOC restrictions should be added to a colour.

I remember how Calaveras were kind of fighting and then changing colours cuz of you guys, but the thing is you said you moved to brighter red. Of course to pick a specific tone of colour that you represent is fine, but the issue in my opinion is when a gang, earned or not, claims the whole spectrum of colours.

2 hours ago, Shorty said:

SeaWeed originally started with a green color but swapped due to the dispute of the Irish colors. We then swapped to Black and Red which we held proud until Irish died and we took over and plan to maintain that color.

You want something in the criminal world take it or earn it.

EDIT: @Darius Bivins You ain't never wear no clothes but your dirty ass boxers stop lying

That is only understandable that in criminal work you take it or earn it, but it has to follow some sort of logic or go till some extent. If you take navy blue, you use navy blue, if you take baby blue, you use baby blue, not every single type of blue, red or green. The main issue I see is that it creates beef between groups that might not beef otherwise or have no real reason to beef as their territories, businesses do not intersect in no way.

2 hours ago, Yputi said:

I actually talked about this with people before.
I remember back in the past when Mercia was trying to become official, it was a requirement to not just have a gang color as it wouldn't be realistic. The dress code was changed to formal clothes and a tie. I am not sure what happend to this requirement.
I love the clowns and this is the exact reason why. They only have matching masks, no car colors, clothes or anything. And it makes sense in my opinion, as you pretty much only wear a mask when commiting crimes anyway. 
From one side I think its 100% up to the gang itself to decide what to do as this is a very great way for PD for example to recognize who is involved, but due to how not realistic it is in my opinion I think this should be a requirement (again) to become a fully official faction. Now it kind of feels like carnival.

I do agree with this and have always like that. I do also understand that the representing colours of the gangs are like a proud aspect of it, so Im not totally against it. Just looking for some level of logic, considering the state of the server, of how logical life in the server is with random robberies in middle of a big town.

21 hours ago, CallumMontie said:

I agree that gangs earn their colours by claiming them and surviving them from the start, but I also have a belief that if someone has a blue car and are civilians, Zeta's will rob them and tell them to change colours; I can't say any other gang does this besides the Wanted, but it's pretty unrealistic to go up to someone and tell them to paint their car. Please know I'm not trying to argue, but just pointing out numerous people are frustrated by it.

35 minutes ago, thiggins19 said:

I agree that gangs earn their colours by claiming them and surviving them from the start, but I also have a belief that if someone has a blue car and are civilians, Zeta's will rob them and tell them to change colours; I can't say any other gang does this besides the Wanted, but it's pretty unrealistic to go up to someone and tell them to paint their car. Please know I'm not trying to argue, but just pointing out numerous people are frustrated by it.

I understand that it can be frustrating, but there was a time irl of you wore the wrong colour as a pedestrian you risked getting shot.

Welcome to a life that involves gang culture, as a group we advise people who aren't in the gang to change colour for the following reasons:

1. Misrepresentation of the Gang (main issue) 

2. Avoid harassment from other gangs/pd (my group in particular is hunted daily by detectives) 

3. Its our colour, we have earned it (you can expect a criminal organisation to be friendly when you go around misrepresenting them) 

Overall I feel this is yet another post targeted at Zetas, in my opinion if a cartel of their size wants to enforce colour restrictions they can easily go ahead 

2 minutes ago, CallumMontie said:

I understand that it can be frustrating, but there was a time irl of you wore the wrong colour as a pedestrian you risked getting shot.

Welcome to a life that involves gang culture, as a group we advise people who aren't in the gang to change colour for the following reasons:

2. Avoid harassment from other gangs/pd (my group in particular is hunted daily by detectives) 

3. Its our colour, we have earned it (you can expect a criminal organisation to be friendly when you go around misrepresenting them) 

Overall I feel this is yet another post targeted at Zetas, in my opinion if a cartel of their size wants to enforce colour restrictions they can easily go ahead 

I don't personally feel like I was attacking anyone, just pointed out some areas I've experienced, but yes you've earned them n the criminal world, and yes indeed, you can get shot for wearing gang colours on a different gangs turf, but what I'm trying to say is, in real life, gangs aren't associating by colour of their vehicles. They associate by colour of their clothes, and I totally understand your first two bullet points, but as an example I have a crim and medic, my medic use to get harassed for having colours on his vehicle. Your own argument (debate not like we are arguing) states that misrepresented of the gang, if I were a gang, wouldn't I want people who are respectable to the city, cops and MD, alike to have some sort of my colour? You say your gang is tracked by detectives, which I firmly believe to be true, if civilians who weren't committing crimes were in your colours, cops would sometimes tail the wrong vehicle. Currently though it's my belief that the server doesn't have a good enough crim to civilian to MD/PD ratio though. It's just annoying for a lot of people, once again not me, to be bullied out of having their favourite colour on their car when the only colour that isn't really taken is the Saudis.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, CallumMontie said:

About the IRL getting shot if you wore the wrong colour, sure, if you walked in the wrong hood. So if you knew you had crips in the neighbouring area, then sure you did not wear red if you did not want to get shot, but not like - there are crips in LA size of town, so dont wear red in the whole LA. 

And what you said about the topic being targeted at Zetas, I don't think that it is just about them, but I can see why you would think so. At the same time, they are giving example and taking it to the most ridiculous levels, but there are others as well, like the recent post in SeaWeed where they literally rolled into Forum Drive Family's turf and shot them(with rp I guess) which just shows that it does happen even without Z's being involved.

I am very confused as to why this post exists? This is purely an IC issue and nothing to be discussed on forums, if you do not agree with a certain gang holding a color, form a group and try and take them down so you can " claim " or " free " the color. It is completely reasonable and understandable that once you are an established group and hold a certain amount of power in the city, you will claim, protect and enforce your own rules, terms, conditions and recognition methods. Please, can we stop this trend of IC issues in between gangs trying to be resolved on forums? If you got an issue against a gang/s as I mentioned above, it's a criminal world that you are talking about in which rules do not exist besides the ones created by people who live in it. Go up to a city hall irl and complain about a gang wearing a certain color and see how fast you end up being removed from the building... Please fellas, make a difference between IC and OOC topics, thank you 

• Like 2

On 7/2/2019 at 11:35 AM, F8LEY said:

Tfw when you say you can only have 8 gangs due to colours, then you name 11 gangs not including clowns (so 12) 

haha, good one. Well I mentioned all the gangs that I know under each colour and the first ones mentioned are probably the main "claimers" from what I know.

3 hours ago, Madd_Martigan said:

I want to see more gang on gang violence. Seeing too much of mixed colors (not race) holding hands with each other and just preying on the small guys. Get some turf wars going. Dust it up! Get your drive by on!!!

Well the issue is that any gang on gang violance(war) is war of economy and it is almost impossible for small gangs to fight big ones, considering the budgets and weapon stash of those that are not just big but rich.

3 hours ago, Donovan said:

I am very confused as to why this post exists? This is purely an IC issue and nothing to be discussed on forums, if you do not agree with a certain gang holding a color, form a group and try and take them down so you can " claim " or " free " the color. It is completely reasonable and understandable that once you are an established group and hold a certain amount of power in the city, you will claim, protect and enforce your own rules, terms, conditions and recognition methods. Please, can we stop this trend of IC issues in between gangs trying to be resolved on forums? If you got an issue against a gang/s as I mentioned above, it's a criminal world that you are talking about in which rules do not exist besides the ones created by people who live in it. Go up to a city hall irl and complain about a gang wearing a certain color and see how fast you end up being removed from the building... Please fellas, make a difference between IC and OOC topics, thank you 

I can see that you're confused because this is discussion, not a report about IC issue. I pointed out a current situation in the server and made some analysis of how it goes, therefore I want to hear what other people think about this specific topic. No one is asking to deal with it or put any restrictions. Aren't we allowed to express our views on IC and OOC thing on here? Im asking for opinions from OOC stand point here, so I think this is something that can be discussed on forums or discord.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.