ShyNudist

Rampant robberies is failing Fear RP

Just now, Reckless311 said:

See, that's the problem.  You're probably in a gang and never played a civ in this RP server. This is supposed to be about quality RP. Getting robbed repeatedly ruins other people's scenes and fun, but that's ok?

I'm a criminal, and I completely agree with you on this.

Nobody goes on a chain robbing spree every single day, yet it happens.

Nothing you can do to change it besides give criminals more things to do than run labs (with the suggestion of Remote Druglabs being reviewed, this might be implemented soon).

Then you can actually set up rip-deals and such. It'd be way more interesting. However all this is still a WIP.

However current chainrobbing situations need to be considered nonrp/fearrp, I agree with that.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Reckless311 said:

Maybe time in prison would help, but what about heavier fines?  Everyone is trying to make money, so hitting their wallets seems to be the biggest thing that could be done to curb this obnoxious behaviour.

I posted the concept of valuing your life/freedom in another thread. See, those that get into shootouts with cops are inherently violating the most basic principle of RP, valuing your life, but that's never discussed.  This would fall under fear rp. 

The solution is not entirely IC, the ways rules are enforced have to be changed in order for anything to work.  Require higher level RP.

The police are so overwhelmed as it is that they can't do anything currently and get bad attitudes towards civs who complain IC. Making it so PD can handle their workload would increase the RP.

The problem with fines is that there's a criminal loophole for it, specifically, if you don't have enough money to pay them when you go to prison, nothing happens. People give their money to friends and turn themselves in, then get it back. A debt system is required before we increase fines, so that they will owe money, and not be able to do stuff like buy gas, houses, or food.

7 minutes ago, Reckless311 said:

See, that's the problem.  You're probably in a gang and never played a civ in this RP server. This is supposed to be about quality RP. Getting robbed repeatedly ruins other people's scenes and fun, but that's ok?

To be honest with you, as an OOC i was never in a gang, i just joined the server with a knowledge information about RP, i did some good RP to find people to buy guns from illegaly, they trusted me to have one, Robbing? I never ever got a person robbing me over anything, i just had one gang stopping me to see my identity if i'm the person they're finding, after they saw it they just let me go because i'm not the person that they're looking for, i just didn't see a low roleplayer coming up to rob me.

55 minutes ago, alexalex303 said:

The problem with fines is that there's a criminal loophole for it, specifically, if you don't have enough money to pay them when you go to prison, nothing happens. People give their money to friends and turn themselves in, then get it back. A debt system is required before we increase fines, so that they will owe money, and not be able to do stuff like buy gas, houses, or food.

I agree that a debt system is sorely needed for this very reason.

7 hours ago, DaniDota said:

I'm a criminal, and I completely agree with you on this.

Nobody goes on a chain robbing spree every single day, yet it happens.

Nothing you can do to change it besides give criminals more things to do than run labs (with the suggestion of Remote Druglabs being reviewed, this might be implemented soon).

Then you can actually set up rip-deals and such. It'd be way more interesting. However all this is still a WIP.

However current chainrobbing situations need to be considered nonrp/fearrp, I agree with that.

This I have been pushing for, for a long time. Criminals need more non RP destructive things to do. Preferably stuff like robbing a bunch of houses, not a person's actual house but RP houses.... maybe like letting them sell weapons to the black market to keep them from being sold on the streets at such low prices and also get some of them off the market. There has to be some non centralized stuff for criminals to do, perhaps a money transfer job... hell they could even make it so randomly a money truck delivery intel will become available at a certain spot, and the person doing the job would be alerted that they received information on a hit... now that person can run from the criminals, but they aren't actually losing much if they lose, and the criminals have incentive to quickly gather, set up a plan and execute the heist... it would be fairly easy to code with the current systems that are in place... and it would encourage a lot of interesting criminal RP.... if the person makes it to the delivery they get a hazard pay bonus, if the criminals heist the truck's goods itd be worth a hefty sum... this would keep people from stealing other people's stuff... and give criminals more support from the server. I dont know I am just chucking ideas but I agree... the current state of the server is a combination of things, 

Attitude - I want to win I dont care about the others
Server Rules - not clear enough to support RP and generally push for altercations that end in OOC
Lack of jail time - Ive been criminal and civ... and jail times are too low to be a threat of any nature....
Lack of criminal activities - the fact that being a criminal is shooting each other, working at one of the few labs for less money than fishing, or robbing every civilian you see for pennies... is not making the server good RP for anyone....

and more

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, Wizzidy said:

the current state of the server is a combination of things, 

Attitude - I want to win I dont care about the others
Server Rules - not clear enough to support RP and generally push for altercations that end in OOC
Lack of jail time - Ive been criminal and civ... and jail times are too low to be a threat of any nature....
Lack of criminal activities - the fact that being a criminal is shooting each other, working at one of the few labs for less money than fishing, or robbing every civilian you see for pennies... is not making the server good RP for anyone....

I agree with this statement 100% 

Jail times need to increase and there needs to be more for criminals to do then maybe the server wont be criminals running around robbing everyone in sight 🤷‍♂️

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.