Jasmine

Remove passive (logged off) income.

+1 in a sense, I think the current own a business system is bunk, most of them are owned by admins, gang leaders, and other people who have been in the server for ages... like on the day of the general store update, 3 of the most popular stores were camped by zetas with assault weapons because they knew they could buy it if nobody could get to it... the whole system should be redone, the government should "lease" the businesses to people on a two week basis, allowing a cycle of players to experience owning and running a business, and any stores not in lease would default to government run, and all business types should have a wait list, want to run a gas shop, put your name on the list and when your turn is up you have 3 days to pay for your lease or it goes to the next on the list. I know a lot of old influential people will hate this suggestion, but I think its important for server growth and fair play that companies like the gas stations dont get held by a persons alt character... I mean Indy Marcello owned a gas station for like... ages... while being the head of a faction business LSC... while there are tons of ready and active and hungry newer players that have more time to put into it but dont have the money to buy out the mega rich store owners near infinite wealth ever... SO for something functional like store owning, that is scripted, it should not be locked to 1 person forever until they finally decide they have enough, because most of them never have enough... it should be a revolving door until more scripting can be done...

• Like 1

12 hours ago, xCKube said:

If you ask me. A business that costs millions of hard-earned dollars, should have advantages over other money making ways. 

It doesn't validate anything. I never said that they are never online. What if gas station owners are Europeans and its night time for them and they have to sleep to be able to go to school or work.

Why give developers more work to do? Take it like this: current gas stations have an automated system where a person pays and gets the fuel for it - just like IRL. 

To me it seems that you have too much free time on hand and are butthurt because you are unable to own a business so you are trying to devalue them as much as possible to increase your chance of owning one. 

Cuz its a game, not real life. Some things can not be exactly like real life. As hard as you try, you can never recreate real life perfectly in GTA.

Not to mention this is such a tired reasoning from people completely close minded and unwilling to accept change no matter what.

You really feel like when you walk through the streets Eclipse is like real life????? really?

Cuz in real life, people crowd around banks with masks and guns on their hips.

Cuz in real life, most people are in gangs.

Cuz in real life there's no property tax or car tax. 

Cuz in real life, people rob each other for fish.

Stop using the "IRL" as justification for anything.

25 minutes ago, Jasmine said:

Cuz its a game, not real life. Some things can not be exactly like real life. As hard as you try, you can never recreate real life perfectly in GTA.

Not to mention this is such a tired reasoning from people completely close minded and unwilling to accept change no matter what.

You really feel like when you walk through the streets Eclipse is like real life????? really?

Cuz in real life, people crowd around banks with masks and guns on their hips.

Cuz in real life, most people are in gangs.

Cuz in real life there's no property tax or car tax. 

Cuz in real life, people rob each other for fish.

Stop using the "IRL" as justification for anything.

Alright, so you don't want it to be realistic, you just want it to be new player friendly, that's your argument? How about the players that have been here for 3 years, and spent literally months (if not years) logged in, contributing to the community, grinding jobs to in the end earn enough money to buy a business. That should suddenly be subject to your review of what acceptable levels of contribution are, because you are new and want to make more money in a month than they made in years?

It doesn't make any sense.

People that have been here longer will have more money than you, it's realistic and it's normal. Punishing business owners will do nothing for the RP standard or RP levels, if anything it will make people stand semi-afk in-game just to earn business income. 

Edited by alexalex303
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, alexalex303 said:

How about the players that have been here for 3 years, and spent literally months (if not years) logged in, contributing to the community, grinding jobs to in the end earn enough money to buy a business. That should suddenly be subject to your review of what acceptable levels of contribution are, because you are new and want to make more money in a month than they made in years?

Are the players who spent so much time grinding, as you state, happy with the current levels of engagement they have/required from their owned business? Did they grind all that time to do only menial tasks to operate a business? Do they use those locations for RP or do they use other locations for RP? What do business owners actually do? Do you think tiered business would work? Where smaller local business could be owned and operated by smaller, independent players and larger more complex companies could be run by gangs and richer people? 

Is this something you would consider? 

I don't think anyone wants to strip the experienced/devoted players but rather are attempting to create scope for newer players and older players to interact on a stage that doesn't involve a one purchase end game as such, which provides, little RP opportunities considering the available platform and mods on Rage Client.

Why can't a system be created where players can move from tier 1 (retail, barber, hotdog carts, burger vans) ownership into tier 2 business (garages, gun shops), into newly created tier 3 business (Chop shops, loan companies, banks, etc)? Thus creating space, maneuverability and an increased chance of RP. Not just for new players but for experienced players who may desire for even greater opportunities. Experienced players under this new system now have something even greater to strive for. (i would enjoy playing on a server where all the experienced gang members/leaders and rich folk are suddenly reawoken and reenergized to play the server as they have new business venture opportunities to strive for).

• Like 1

There's really not a lot of civilian RP going on. Even some govt factions are now tied to gangs somehow.
We need more content for civs and less involvment from gangs in every aspect of the server.
I don't see how a criminal with several charges would realisticly be able to run a business without being raided by the police.

And either way, if we throw more opportunities for ''gangs'' to drive a part of the server you know just like me that it'll only give the biggest gang in the city  more power over civs and other gangs.

Edited by Captain Tofu
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Captain Tofu said:

There's really not a lot of civilian RP going on. Even some govt factions are now tied to gangs somehow.
We need more content for civs and less involvment from gangs in every aspect of the server.
I don't see how a criminal with several charges would realisticly be able to run a business without being raided by the police.

And either way, if we throw more opportunities for ''gangs'' to drive a part of the server you know just like me that it'll only give the biggest gang in the city  more power over civs and other gangs.

yeah, fair play makes sense. Best to keep criminals out of it then.

Good point. 

6 hours ago, alexalex303 said:

Alright, so you don't want it to be realistic, you just want it to be new player friendly, that's your argument? How about the players that have been here for 3 years, and spent literally months (if not years) logged in, contributing to the community, grinding jobs to in the end earn enough money to buy a business. That should suddenly be subject to your review of what acceptable levels of contribution are, because you are new and want to make more money in a month than they made in years?

It doesn't make any sense.

People that have been here longer will have more money than you, it's realistic and it's normal. Punishing business owners will do nothing for the RP standard or RP levels, if anything it will make people stand semi-afk in-game just to earn business income. 

100% typical response from you. I will not reply. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Jasmine said:

100% typical response from you. I will not reply. 

Because you don't have any arguments on how this would be objectively better. You admitted yourself that it's not more realistic. The only reasonable argument that you've put forth is that it would be better for new players, and I can even agree to that argument (somewhat). The question still remains, why would new players get an artificial, unrealistic advantage over older players? That's never addressed beyond "I don't like that older players make money easier than me".

1 minute ago, alexalex303 said:

Because you don't have any arguments on how this would be objectively better. You admitted yourself that it's not more realistic. The only reasonable argument that you've put forth is that it would be better for new players, and I can even agree to that argument (somewhat). The question still remains, why would new players get an artificial, unrealistic advantage over older players? That's never addressed beyond "I don't like that older players make money easier than me".

Ignored completely now. 

You are once again completely against every word I say, put words in my mouth, using hyperbole, and just flat out being rude and condescending.

I was taught a long time ago, when there are people in your life who only bring you down, you cut them out. 

No point replying to my posts anymore. I will not read them. Until you can show some manners.

42 minutes ago, alexalex303 said:

I will note that by saying things like "advantage over" it does not serve your argument as it just makes you look like a play to win on an RP server...  right now business operation is a nearly untapped RP potential on this server which is why it could be better to expand it and open it to more hands instead of the current system that is essentially just expanded welfare tenure for those of high status to begin with... It could be and should be objectively better. It is an experiences, but an overly gated and locked down one... I think its important to keep things revolving, its similar to the housing market argument right now... I am a proud owner of a nice  house in vinewood... which adds a lot to my play... but unfortunately many players will not have access to this until a more inclusive system for lower end housing is devised... and using that example to compare to businesses... it makes sense, inclusive is important, a lot of things on this server would serve it more if they were a revolving door instead of a lock and key.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Wizzidy said:

I will note that by saying things like "advantage over" it does not serve your argument as it just makes you look like a play to win on an RP server...  right now business operation is a nearly untapped RP potential on this server which is why it could be better to expand it and open it to more hands instead of the current system that is essentially just expanded welfare tenure for those of high status to begin with... It could be and should be objectively better. It is an experiences, but an overly gated and locked down one... I think its important to keep things revolving, its similar to the housing market argument right now... I am a proud owner of a nice  house in vinewood... which adds a lot to my play... but unfortunately many players will not have access to this until a more inclusive system for lower end housing is devised... and using that example to compare to businesses... it makes sense, inclusive is important, a lot of things on this server would serve it more if they were a revolving door instead of a lock and key.

+1 great input

1 hour ago, Jasmine said:

Wow powerful argument. It is really hard to refute your sound logic and reasoning.

my argument would be that, it's not logicall, because the dealerships, gun stores and other stuff, wouldn't be working for hours, and you would be waiting for some kind of gun or car. Also another argument would be that when you go home and take a nap, or something as a business boss, your shops, gun stores and shit are still working, because you have employees and other stuff... So it's -1

Edited by Pete_Stanley

On 5/24/2019 at 7:56 AM, Jasmine said:

Then why is it OK that everyone else, except those who have a massive lead in cash, must always be on to earn cash? By your reasoning, we should all be making our paychecks passively, while logged off, not only the mega-rich.

You are right, what I am proposing would mean those who can no longer commit the hours in the current community, should eventually be surpassed by the new and upcoming generation of Eclipse RPrs, I understand exactly what I am asking.

PS - I used size 22 bold font, which is bigger than yours, so clearly I win this debate.

you are asking the unreal, because the older gen of the eclipse rprs always will have more money then new players, why would you think that the new players have to be richer, have higher demands then old players, In my opinion the older players have a higher chance of changing something too, because they have seen this server grow for a long time and know what would be good for the server and what wouldn't. Older players also don't care for the money, for example me I've been playing this server for almost 2 years, I think. I don't have a bussines, I see how it would impact my income, but it doesn't stop me from rp'ing with players, and having fun. Money doesn't always bring quality and fun to the rp. And now you come to this server as a newbie, and try to change the whole economics and the general rp of the business, but why?

Edited by Pete_Stanley
just wanted to add something

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.