Firstly, "Why are you making a server suggestion about this? This could be done IC by the government" - You try and speak to the government, I've sent messages to more people then I can count talking about this and other things and they are ignored, because just as I said in my last suggestion these people don't need to answer to anyone and therefore they won't. I still think that the government needs reformation via staff action, however I know that won't be done.

So currently with the faction system there is either government or illegal, that's not really fair for the people who want to RP civilian or as entrepreneurs, it also creates issues for business functions.

There should be 3 types of businesses, (this is on a development level and not on a RP level, you could have a public held company however not listed as one);

Statutory corporations - companies/organizations created and governed by the statute, there is no owner or CEO, but a board of directors, shareholders, and a chairman/woman. Things like DCC, Weazel News, Bayview and LSC fall under this and could be changed to suit this change. 

Sole Proprietorships / Limited Partnerships / Corporations - These are larger businesses, approved by the state government via an application and registration of the company. These companies have full flexibility and are able to make a faction meaning they can pay, hire, fire people through that system, however they also fall under a higher tax band and have their faction income taxed once deposited/money comes in. This tax would be something like 38.9% (this is the current US Corporate Income tax rate).

Small businesses - Unregistered businesses that are unable to create a faction, they would pay their employees privately via cash/private bank transfer. These companies are limited to a staff of 5 people, and cannot exceed a weekly income of over $100,000, exceeding this without registering as a state approved Sole Proprietorship can result in multiple charges such-as; tax evasion, and possibly unlicensed selling depending on the nature of the company. These companies could also fall victim to another Sole Proprietor taking their business name and ideas, making them official under the government and this won't fall under any form of copyright infringement as the small business has failed to register their name.

Weazel News

Weazel News should be reformed into a statutory corporation, with a board of directors and a chairman; any other business decisions such as making it a LSP (Limited Statutory Partnership) where there is a board of partners as well as a board of directors and there are shareholders of-which make up these boards can be made IC by the government and the current leadership of Weazel News. What this means for the company is; there would be much more regulation to the company, under-performance means a re-vote into who should be the new chairman and/or the formation of the board. This removes any ability for corruption and inactivity ensure efficiency throughout the company which is needed heavily. This also makes it much more fair for the employee's of the company who thrive for promotions and plan to make it to a high level within weazel news however they can't because the current system doesn't allow for it, this allows for promotions to happen regardless of the persons name or relevance, it simply means that those more capable will go further within the company then someone who is inexperienced and unprofessional.

Downtown Cab Co.

I think Downtown Cab Co. will perform best as a corporation instead of a statutory corporation as it is currently performing extremely well without the input of the government, this also allows for competition to arise which is something that is essential for the business market and economy, the idea of a company being sole without competition makes it's more of a sort of PG organization instead of a company, this isn't DCC's fault this is more a fault of the system. DCC are completely fine and the only thing I would change is dis-associating it with the government.

LSC & Bayview

Sort of the same thing that applied to DCC applies here, they should be sole proprietors and not associated to the statute, they are performing fine and would perform better in an economically dynamic environment where other garages can arise with ease and be on a similar level.

WHY?

This system allows for much more dynamism in the economy and business market, it allows for more competition to be created and thus allowing more businesses to be made, more employment, more civilians and less criminals. This also allows for a more interesting tax society, meaning that the government becomes more essential to the functioning of the economy and there could be even cooler things like possible recessions due to companies ect. 

I personally think there where there should be statute created entities and corporations there should also be many more sole/partnership corporations that can counter these - especially in the media. The way I am looking at it right now, Weazel News is like the BBC, the BBC is a statutory corporations with a sovereign charter, if the BBC under-performed David Clementi and other directors would most likely be fired/replaced within a matter of hours. However on the other end we have things like ITV or Channel 4, where if they under-performed there is no legal obligation that forces them to perform to a level and they are not obligated to replace or fire their leadership, this would be perfect for an independent news/media house. 

Let me know what you think, and maybe even develop on this down below - I doubt this would come into act but why not give it a shot.

• Upvote 3

I'm not sure if you actually know how businesses work in Eclipse.
but it would not be benifitial at all for Bayview and LSC for more garage's to open up. 
It is already hard enough to keep people working. Competition between the two company's is already enough. 
It would literally kill the company's.
I don't know much about the other company's. 
Regarding Ownership and management. It is working perfect as it is and we can manage it fine without having to have stuff like a board of directors. 
It is not a company like Google. It is a mechanic shop we are running. 
This is getting a big -1 from me. 
Good luck.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Luke kuperus said:

I'm not sure if you actually know how businesses works in Eclipse.
but it would not be beneficial at all for Bayview and LSC for more garage's to open up. 
It is already hard enough to keep people working. Competition between the two company's is already enough. 
It would literally kill the company's. There are just not enough players for that 1000+ at one time sure not 200.
I don't know much about the other company's. 
Regarding Ownership and management. It is working perfect as it is and we can manage it fine without having to have stuff like a board of directors. 
It is not a company like Google. It is a mechanic shop we are running. 
This is getting a big -1 from me. 
Good luck.

Like I said the garages are completely fine as they are, and would in fact serve better as sole proprietors instead of a statute corp, which they essentially are now.

I also didn't say it would be beneficial to you or LSC for other garages to open, however if you want to be a mechanic and a mechanic alone - then be a mechanic. You're the owner of a company and therefore an entrepreneur, if you can't handle competition or employee retention then that's your own business abilities and not something that should fall on whether or not more garage companies would be around. 

We need disturbance in the economy, right now there are companies with no competition and therefore lack creativity, basic entrepreneurial skills, and any form of a unique factor or even marketing. All competition does for you or LSC is force you to work harder and market harder, if you can't handle the responsibilities of running a company then either resign or delegate your duties to other roles you can form through a board of directors or whatever you chose to do. 

Saying that it's a bad idea to have competition because it means you need to work harder to get people to come to you is just... not right. 

200+ players is /waaaay/ more then the average RP server, and I have seen and played on RP servers with a 32 player cap who have at least 4 player-owned garages that are all working fine, because they know basic business management skills, they market their businesses via the forums with sponsorships with other companies, races, car meets ect. 

Regardless of what you think is beneficial to your company, it's not beneficial to the economy to have two companies raking in money because their only expense is employment. 

After writing this I feel like I'm being hostile - I'm not trying to come of hostile I'm just saying it as I see it, and I see someone who has made far too much money for what they do. A mechanic shop generates money, don't get me wrong - but you face no competition, you don't need ANY business based intuition, yet you own a mansion, and I'm sure an arsenal of cars - let's be real about it.

Someone like James Eriksen, who owns multiple companies and all of which would be companies who generates money is someone that I can amend and say that their money is something made through legitimate enterprise as from the two companies that I know he owns, being a car dealership and a gun dealership, he faces a lot of competition, an insane amount of competition considering the car market and the weapon trafficking that happens so frequently in the city.

Beneficence is dictated by your business intuition and management abilities, not by competition or an oppositions ability to make their own garage.

You have not a single idea about my financial situation. I do not own any houses. Have 3 cars 2 of them being under 200k and i have barely a milion dollars. We aren't raking in profit as you say. We use our profit for events as we have done in the past. Im not saying not working hard is bad. But having 3 or 4 mechanic shops would not change anything for good. It would just mean the mechanic shops would not be open for long periods of the time. The servers economy  problem does not lie with us or LSC there are just not enough money sinkholes. And we do have competition. Just not as much as you appareantly think we should have. 

• Upvote 1

I understand where you're trying to go with this suggestion but you do have to remember, it is a roleplay server that tries to ensure that player retention and rp quality stay high priorities.

While having more opportunities of additional players being able to pursue larger amounts money in game via businesswe would be nice, not everyone can be rich and powerful. We already see effects inflation coming into play all the time so having unrestricted opportunities to create more wealthy people easily could get dangerous.

Letting people go crazy in starting business will cause businesses to have less and less overall employees. While having competition helps drive people to work harder for business, there's not always lots of work to go around. When there's not much work, people get bored. When people get bored, they tend to find something else to do somewhere else.

Due to the above, elements of the server are designed with all that in mind rather than just realism or what others server have done.

Edited by Wifye
  • Upvote 1

The problem with all of your free market capitalist utopia ideas is quality control. 

The leadership of all these businesses has been selected for IC and OOC reasons, because they are trusted to instill at least a measure of quality control, which arguably they have done successfully so far. In a perfect world everyone would be a great RPer, and they wouldn't become a mechanic just to steal cars, but this is not a perfect world, and it will get abused in NonRP ways.

• Upvote 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.