Yputi

idea's for house garage improvements

Ayo!

I would like to introduce a new idea I had. It is about the garages of houses and I hope there would be a way to implement this as I am not sure if/how it is possible, but maybe with some suggestions on my suggestion there is a way!

Current system:
So, the current garage system is quite simple imo and can be abused quite a bit. As of now, people can throw cars in there and no one else, unless having a key to the house, can take it out. You put the car close to the house, it poofs away and if you want to take it out, you basically just spawn it in.

The suggestion:
I had the idea to make use of the actual garage system of GTA 5. GTA 5 offers multiple properties you can buy, some of them being garages. 

All the details of idea 1:

Since ECRP supports 5 different interiors as of now, I had the idea to add a "teleport" spot to each of the interiors, petty much infornt of the doors that are not used in the interiors. The door on the right when you enter the 4 garage house interior for example.
What else I think is a good idea to add an other button to enter the garage when you stand at a house door for example. 

The next part of my idea is that once you entered the garage you actually enter a physicall garage. One of the garages that GTA V actually offers is the Grove Street Garage, looking like this from the inside:
51ad679996286f96bed30f480a3c9b8a.png

Originally, the garage offers 4 car spots, but maybe this can be limited in some way or smaller garage interiors can be found. For this suggestion, I will stick with this garage.

Once in the garage, you can see your cars parked in the house. The way to get them out is similar to the one of GTA 5 itself. You get in, you accelerate and it teleports you outside while in the car. 

All the problems of idea 1:

Now I did already thought about some issues that might occur when doing this:

• Every house will need a designated spot to have cars spawn in (which will be quite impossible to add for each house)
  • Every house will need a designated spot to park cars and there needs something to be implemented to have cars parked while the house down have a visible garage

All the details of idea 2:

After this, I thought maybe there is a mid-way possible which I think is the best way:

when arriving at a house and your car is in range of the house (like the current system), you go to the house, press E and park the car like you can already do. However, the menu will only contain a "park" button now and you can't see what cars are parked inside from the menu itself like you can now.
To get cars out:

• Either you have to enter the house and go to the teleport spot in the house that releports you to the car garage.
  • OR there should be a different button added to enter the garage from the outside to prevent hassle with adding teleporters in smaller houses (which I prefer). A button like "U" for example as its next to "Y".

Once you entered the garage (which will be the same garage interior as idea 1), you see the cars parked actually standing there. When getting in and accelerating, the car and you will spawn outside again at the spot where it was parked in the house.

All the benefits of idea 2:

This will allow to get a nice overview of the cars, you will be able to access the inventories of the car while it's in the garage, it will prevent issues with having 2 cars that are the same model, it will help LSPD when getting into houses and looking for cars and will make it possible to actually steal cars from people once they broke into a house (which is more realistic in my opinion as they can breach into a house, lockpick cars and drive them out).

Please let me know what you think.
Personally, I think idea 2 would be the best. I am not aware of in how far this is possible, but it would be cool in my opinion to have this.

• Upvote 4

+1

I do really like the idea of all of this but I'm not sure how ragemp/gta5 handle the garage instances(like the separate location). If the garage instances are able to be duplicated to support every house, it could be viable to pull this all off. In addition to that, if the garage actually physically exists to go inside, it would need to be decided if people are some how able to break into the garage to steal cars or items inside.

1 minute ago, Wifye said:

+1

I do really like the idea of all of this but I'm not sure how ragemp/gta5 handle the garage instances(like the separate location). If the garage instances are able to be duplicated to support every house, it could be viable to pull this all off. In addition to that, if the garage actually physically exists to go inside, it would need to be decided if people are some how able to break into the garage to steal cars or items inside.

Hello!
Well, houses do share same interiors over diferent houses already. I am not 100% sure how this is done, but I believe this is done by having multiple dimensions. I do think if that is true what I said that maybe a interior of the same dimension can be added to get this working, but again: I have no clue how this can be worked out as I am not the developer.
I also added the fact that people would be able to break into the garages yes, but I think I indeed said it in a way that it can be picked up different ways. What I actually mean is that if PD (SWAT) breaches into a house/raid it (which they can with a command), that they also would be able to access the garage since it unlocks the house.
For civilians/criminals they will need to have the owner on gunpoint for example, RP searching for their keys and RP opening the door with it to access it. I would not like them to be able to lock pick it, so I think that should be unchanged.
Thanks for the support!

• Like 3

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.