Flucifial

Automatic roleplay commands for /frisk & /friskapprove

Automatic roleplay commands for /frisk & /friskapprove  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree with this suggestion?

• Yes.
    • No.

Suggestion is simple: Whenever someone types /frisk on a player, have an automatic /me and /do pull up in chat such as:

Player 20 attempts to pat Player 50 down, searching him for any items.

Would Player 20 be successful in patting Player 50 down? (Player 20)

Then, a pop-up would appear on Player 50's screen saying something like:

If you would like to resist this frisk, use /do and explain why the player is unsuccessful. Otherwise, type /friskapprove (ID).

If Player 50 was to type /friskapprove 20, have an automatic /do pull up in chat such as:

Player 20 would be successful in patting Player 50 down. (Player 50)

I think that this will combat a lot of the misuse of roleplay commands during robberies, and would also decrease arguments about roleplay not happening before /frisk, stuff like that. Let me know what you think! 

3 minutes ago, Xypint said:

Great idea. Only downside I could see to this is people powergaming because they don't want to be robbed.

Added:

Then, a pop-up would appear on Player 50's screen saying something like:

If you would like to resist this frisk, use /do and explain why the player is unsuccessful. Otherwise, type /friskapprove (ID).

To combat the powergaming issue that may occur 🙂 

I'd rather have players RP themselves than have scripted commands baby-fed to them. 

I would have thought it would be an expectation for players to be able to simply RP their action - script automation of roleplay commands essentially removes the roleplay from the game.

Edited by MrSilky

Is there some way to add a system based on the "Person 20"'s experience or knowledge of searching someone? The more they perform a search, the more likely they are at finding something. In turn the more someone does not get caught with something the more they are successful in hiding something? Me personally if a new cop, bouncer, security person is brand new and searches someone who has been hiding things from security figures there whole life, reality says the cop might not find the item. 

Edited by Mineman

-1 Redacted,

After taking the time to fully read and understand the suggestion, I feel this would be great. Originally It seemed as if we were trying to make roleplay Automated, but due to a lot of arisen issues with frisking and roleplay, this will indeed lower those numbers.

Edited by Jonathan Brixton
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, MrSilky said:

I'd rather have players RP themselves than have scripted commands baby-fed to them. 

I would have thought it would be an expectation for players to be able to simply RP their action - script automation of roleplay commands essentially removes the roleplay from the game.

In that case we should look into removing all of the automatic /ame's that currently exists or no? 

4 hours ago, Flucifial said:

In that case we should look into removing all of the automatic /ame's that currently exists or no? 

/ame and /me and /do are all completely different.

The purpose of a /ame is to show the action you are doing as you are doing it - not the actions building up to it. 

Let's use a robbery for example - You use /mes and /dos to RP up the the point of scriptly robbing the person. The /ame simply shows that your character is currently sctiptly robbing as it would be extremely hard to rp something like "/me would be searching the man" while the inventory UI is open. 

/ame is simply a scripted RP command to show current status, not actions leading up to the action. If you need script support to build up to the point of typing /frisk, you should be roleplaying.

Still a big -1 from me.

• Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.