Flucifial

Tweaking speed cameras

Tweak the speed cameras.  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree with this suggestion?

• I agree with all of the suggestions presented in this thread.
    • I disagree with all of the suggestions presented in this thread.
    • I agree with tweaking the speed cameras to only fine (identified drivers) for speeds exceeding 30 KPH of the speed limit.
    • I agree with only allowing speed cameras to identify those that are identified RPly either by criminal history (mugshots) or when the camera knows faces of those that have drivers licenses.

This poll is closed to new votes

Hello,

I have a suggestion: Tweak the speed cameras around the city to not fine drivers who have never been convicted of crimes or are driving without a license, as realistically the city does not automatically know what people look like. For these kind of drivers, the speed cameras should instead issue BOLO's for police officers to pull over the vehicle by license plate and model and attempt to identify the driver and RPly review the video, then the police officer could decide to issue a fine or not.

Additionally, I believe that speed cameras should not fine anyone unless they are excessing over 30 KPH on streets.

Comment any questions, comments, or concerns you have with this suggestion below, and don't forget to vote! 

On top of that I will say that all the prior issued/payed tickets to be erased from the player history. That will make more sense, since I've payed 2-3 tickets for "speeding" with 76-82kmh, when even the Cruise Control script it's bugged and don't always work.

1 minute ago, yenoH said:

On top of that I will say that all the prior issued/payed tickets to be erased from the player history. That will make more sense, since I've payed 2-3 tickets for "speeding" with 76-82kmh, when even the Cruise Control script it's bugged and don't always work.

I wouldn't agree with having these tickets expunged immediately after paid, however, I wouldn't disagree with traffic tickets (depending on the severity) getting expunged after a month of being paid or something like that. 

Just now, Flucifial said:

I wouldn't agree with having these tickets expunged immediately after paid, however, I wouldn't disagree with traffic tickets (depending on the severity) getting expunged after a month of being paid or something like that. 

What I mean is with the tickets that have been payed in the 3 days window.

1 hour ago, Flucifial said:

Additionally, I believe that speed cameras should not fine anyone unless they are excessing over 30 KPH on streets.

Biggest +1 possible to this, cruise control is very buggy and tapping W or holding it a little too long gets you a ticket. 30KPH tolerance so you get fined at 101+ seems very reasonable and a great change to the current system.

My only issue is, RPly with what you have presented is the cameras would obviously not know the driver of a vehicle if they are wearing a mask. So it wouldnt know if the driver has a previous criminal history.

Edited by TheCanadian

1 minute ago, TheCanadian said:

Biggest +1 possible to this, cruise control is very buggy and tapping W or holding it a little too long gets you a ticket. 30KPH tolerance so you get fined at 101+ seems very reasonable and a great change to the current system.

well the problem with that is this will simply shift the speeding limit to 100kph, no? everyone will just drive at 90-100kph 

2 minutes ago, Cinek0344 said:

well the problem with that is this will simply shift the speeding limit to 100kph, no? everyone will just drive at 90-100kph 

Yes, but it gives a bigger margin of error, if the speed limit is 70, and it is implemented that you get ticketed at 101kph not 80/81kph (whatever it is now) it is entirely the fault of the driver as they have a more than adequate window to fix their cruise control if its bugged, or tap W so that they dont go over. At that point the players should have no room to complain that the speed cameras are too sensitive as they SHOULD be driving around 75-90ish casual speeding or whatever you want to call it. If they go pass that it is entirely on them.

5 minutes ago, TheCanadian said:

Yes, but it gives a bigger margin of error, if the speed limit is 70, and it is implemented that you get ticketed at 101kph not 80/81kph (whatever it is now) it is entirely the fault of the driver as they have a more than adequate window to fix their cruise control if its bugged, or tap W so that they dont go over. At that point the players should have no room to complain that the speed cameras are too sensitive as they SHOULD be driving around 75-90ish casual speeding or whatever you want to call it. If they go pass that it is entirely on them.

I see where you're coming from, I agree

Speed cameras are there to make sure people don't speed in NCZs, because going fast means you will load in slower, and possibly drive over people / cars which haven't been loaded in yet. This is more apparent on worse PCs. 

If a mask were to circumvent the speeding cameras, everyone would wear a mask, and speed regardless, thus defeating the purpose of the cameras all together.

I doubt having PD review footage from cameras would ever be possible. In addition there would be so many bolo's and footage to be reviewed that you could arrest the whole city after a week. 

I have personally been flashed only twice, if you pay attention to the cameras and avoid the zones if you don't need to go there, there should be close to no issues in avoiding the cameras.

I think there should be some tweaks on speed, maybe the way they ticket, but not in the ways you suggested.

I have been told via staff chats that the implementation of speed cameras had a different intention than the one I was under the impression they had, it's more to combat reckless driving in NCZ's which I do actually agree with.

I'll close this suggestion myself as Senior Staff isn't open to change on this feature at the moment, although I appreciate the feedback from everyone!