Kai

Add some variation to fishing

Fishing can be a fun, relaxing and possibly an interruption free activity depending on where you want to fish, however generally it takes a fair amount of time for you to catch anything - and it is always the same result.  This makes it a bit repetitive when it could be improved in my opinion.  The following variations could be added to make things more interesting:

• Varied time periods, where occasionally you will get lucky and catch a fish sooner.  This also prevents people just being AFK so much as it rewards you for being more attentive to the game.
  • A different version of a fish (probably just a 'Large Fish' so that it doesn't conflict with the standard 'Fish' item). This would be rarer but worth more money. Gives a little excitement should you catch it.
  • The possibility of catching two fish at a time. This should not be too common.
  • The possibility of catching other things such as a radio, a ball or maybe even a rare chance of a pistol?  Not too sure on this one but it would add more variation and interesting options. It does not have to be necessarily all good things, such as the ball - but should have the chance of a useful item.

Feel free to recommend other options.

Edited by Kai
  • Upvote 2

+1 Absolute huge potential in the fishing system. I played on a San Andreas multiplayer server years back who re-hauled their fishing job system and it became one of the most fun and in-depth jobs to do. This included leveling, variation of fish/a tiny chance of catching a huge value fish, boat usage to fish etc etc. I think the fishing system in place is very, sit there and press 'K' every now and then, lacks any sort of user feedback and sense of accomplishment. 

big +! 
i think a lot of us loving fishing but it can get stupid boring if you've done it for a couple of hours. having some RNG, even if its for items that aren't that valuable, would be great.

i'd like to see a fishing skill introduced too, but that's an entirely different kettle of fish

• Upvote 1

+1 after Rage 1.1 in which water doesn't desync as much.

Then, we can have rarer fish appear out in the ocean that give more $$. However, you'd need a fishing permit to have them.
This would be a plus for civillians and for police who will then be able to patrol the waters in search of illegal fishermen.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.