Nick_Smokerson

Give us BACK the BURNOUTS!

Yesterday, i tried to do a burnout in my elegy retro, and was unpleasently suprised as the tires kept gripping the asphalt, and wouldnt spin. It almost sounded like it had trouble doing a regular burnout.. I proceeded to try this out in my V12, and the same issue. I then learned that the burnouts had been "Patched" to prevent burnout desync. Whilst i get it, i am also infuriated, because i miss my mile long skids, and drifts. I do legal RP, and the only fun i get to have except for being on duty, was drifting around in parking lots and doing long burnouts at speeds. I can no longer have this fun, and that makes me sad.
Remove this silly patch and let us have the fun back!!

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, gohena said:

There is literally no points to doing burnout lol, if he it fixed the sync problem then its a good update 

"literally no point" is extremely hyperbolic. The issue appears to be fixed client side, sure. However i have seen more popped tires in the last 3days than anytime before.

Purposes of doing a burnout to rotate your car:

• Get out/into tight spaces
  • Alot of RP things many in the server are interested in such as showing off your car.
  • rotate the vehicle for various purposes such as cover, to jump on top of to reach a ledge, etc. Without having to do many forward-reverse maneuvers

i am sure there are alot of other uses i did not mention, but just because you do not use something in the server, does not mean that there is 'no use' to it.

Edited by TheCanadian
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, TheCanadian said:

"literally no point" is extremely hyperbolic. The issue appears to be fixed client side, sure. However i have seen more popped tires in the last 3days than anytime before.

Purposes of doing a burnout to rotate your car:

• Get out/into tight spaces
  • Alot of RP things many in the server are interested in such as showing off your car.
  • rotate the vehicle for various purposes such as cover, to jump on top of to reach a ledge, etc. Without having to do many forward-reverse maneuvers

i am sure there are alot of other uses i did not mention, but just because you do not use something in the server, does not mean that there is 'no use' to it.

yeah but i guess its not really rp to do a burnout to get out of a tight spot lol when do you ever do that irl?

25 minutes ago, gohena said:

yeah but i guess its not really rp to do a burnout to get out of a tight spot lol when do you ever do that irl?

I do prefer the tire-popping bug being fixed then this though... But if this was "removed" by mistake, I hope they are able to put it back in. As long as the tires won't be buggy again.

2 hours ago, gohena said:

No, but i also wouldn't:

• run red lights
  • Make and sell drugs
  • Murder,Rob,torture
  • go 200kph in the city
  • take hostages
  • sell weapons
  • steal and chop vehicles

etc.etc.etc.

It is a mechanic that is very useful for situations i mentioned in the previous post. Just because i wouldn't do it IRL because there are more resources available IRL than ingame and it would fuck up my tires doesn't make it a valid argument as to why it shouldn't be in the server. This is an RP server, and by choosing what you would and wouldn't do IRL as an argument as to why it shouldn't be in the server you are limiting another persons ability to RP or do certain things they would want to do, especially something that is as benign as a burnout/doughnut to reposition your car. This wasn't a massive widespread issue of people abusing the rotation of your cars to get people in the ragdoll animation or whatever. This is just something that was removed to fix a previous bug. However it now limits options on how to handle a situation which could before be answered by 'oh, let me just rotate the rear of my car to make it more convenient, safe, show off (insert 100 other things here)'.

Edited by TheCanadian
  • Like 1