Kai

Admin Impound Command

Today, admins were destroying vehicles that were parked around the bank without a parking ticket. This, as I understand, was done to reduce lag by all the vehicles being around - especially when they aren't paying for the vehicles to be there.   Removing them is fair.

Whilst I would argue that this is an IC issue, and the admins should grab a cop to go do it - I also understand that actions were needed.  This is where my suggestions come:

Make a /adminimpound command or whatever - where instead of admins having to destroy cars, they send them to impound.  None of these players broke OOC rules by parking there, they broke IC law by not paying for a ticket.  Putting them in impound would be more roleplay by far.  Not to mention that expensive cars now need to pay a lot of money to get it out of Mors.

Another issue, is that whilst they should have paid for it, players are now going to report their car being destroyed, because it was parked in an NCZ, and therefore it should not have been stolen, chopped or destroyed.  They will log on assuming someone has broken rules and taken their car - which just makes people think that there are even more rulebreakers on the server than there are.

Putting these vehicles in impound is not only immediately more roleplay - when players log in, they won't see it as someone has broken rules to get their car, and that they have just been towed as they deserve to be.

I will just say, my vehicles weren't affected by this, mine weren't destroyed, so I am not angry, this is just a genuine suggestion.

Thanks!

• Like 1

The reason people are parking at the bank is because they know it's a NCZ and their car will not be stolen, as the script literally blocks it. They sometimes have cars sit for days without paying a single dollar in parking pay tickets, I don't see it unfair if their vehicles gets sent to Mors and they have to pay some amount of money.

If the vehicles are not parked in the proper places they should be towed by LSPD, not destroyed by an admin. I think it is an IC issue and that LSPD could be towing and impounding vehicles from there. If LSPD doesn't want to do it then an admin could admin impound it.

• Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.