st3fan333

Death cooldown

Hello,

Fear RP is part of the requirements and rules that you have to obide by on the server.

However I feel like people don’t take death as seriously as they should. If someone has nothing in their inventory they won’t be as scared to die, as someone who has a stacked inventory; both cases should be as scared of dying as the other.

To strengthen the fear of death on the server, there should be a death cooldown. 

This should be in the form of a black screen with a countdown.

Cooldowns could be about 5-15 minutes and could increase based on the number of deaths you’ve had in 1 IRL week.

Hence 1 death is 5 minutes, 2 could be like 10 etc...

Overall, I think this would make people respect Fear RP much more and they wouldn’t make stupid decisions which would clearly get them killed or put them in a very dangerous situation.

Stefan Gurrent

Edited by st3fan333
Autocorrect.

+1

This was implemented in the past, but as I didn't really play on my crime alt at that time I've never seen it.
I did hear people complaining about when people got DM'ed or killed by desync... But I still support this idea as NLR states you can't return for 30 minutes anyway, no matter what.

-1 While I understand and agree with the idea behind this suggestion, you have to keep in mind that not all deaths are related to RP. In fact, more often than not, some deaths are just the result of the game being wonky!

Oh no! I got teleported into a wall and am slowly dying!

Oh darn! I fell through the world and upon eventually spawning back atop the surface my character was still falling too fast and splat!

Now I have to wait +10 minutes because of these accidents next time my character dies ICly?

And would I even bother bugging the admins and having them try and remove said cooldowns if at even all possible? Probably! But I feel like that would add more hassle to the mountain of problems staff are already dealing with, ya know?

Really great idea in theory! But the potential for it to go wrong is just too high in my opinion!

2 minutes ago, Swagmiku said:

-1 While I understand and agree with the idea behind this suggestion, you have to keep in mind that not all deaths are related to RP. In fact, more often than not, some deaths are just the result of the game being wonky!

Oh no! I got teleported into a wall and am slowly dying!

Oh darn! I fell through the world and upon eventually spawning back atop the surface my character was still falling too fast and splat!

Now I have to wait +10 minutes because of these accidents next time my character dies ICly?

And would I even bother bugging the admins and having them try and remove said cooldowns if at even all possible? Probably! But I feel like that would add more hassle to the mountain of problems staff are already dealing with, ya know?

Really great idea in theory! But the potential for it to go wrong is just too high in my opinion!

What if there is only a cooldown if you get killed by a person? Is that something more towards to what you would like to see maybe?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Yputi said:

What if there is only a cooldown if you get killed by a person? Is that something more towards to what you would like to see maybe?

EDIT: I totally take back my previous statement! Because, as you know, when we get shot we enter a bleedout period that in my opinion lasts foreeeeeeeever if you're not managed to be saved resuscitated. 

How would we balance the death screen with this? I can't think of anything solid at the moment, but layering that on top of a death screen when you die multiple times just feels like a punishment, not a feature! Haha!

Just now, st3fan333 said:

You could contact admin in such situation?

"And would I even bother bugging the admins and having them try and remove said cooldowns if at even all possible? Probably! But I feel like that would add more hassle to the mountain of problems staff are already dealing with, ya know?" 

Just now, Swagmiku said:

"And would I even bother bugging the admins and having them try and remove said cooldowns if at even all possible? Probably! But I feel like that would add more hassle to the mountain of problems staff are already dealing with, ya know?" 

Haha I apologise I didn’t even see that.

i also think this is a great idea and would love to see it back because it makes the FEAR of LIFE viable you no longer will see people mercy killing their friends to get them back and with the influx of new players and so many people breaking the rules it would add that punishment of dying that should be there. no one wants to die so you would do everything possible to survive and call a medic. i have seen now twice where a medic is called and thier friends mercy kill as the medic arrives and the medic is like shit why do that i was here and it kills the medic job because they rarely get to RP it out because of mercy kills. i think this would make that happen far less. and in the event that you die to a bug then that sucks but contact admin if they get to you before your timer is up they can reset it if not then continue with play and try not to die

I like the idea but it would only be viable once people start to RP. The number of people that complain about being shot during a robbery with no RP coupled with a long respawn for each death would drive new players away. I came here because I want to RP and would love to see something like this in the future but new players (including myself) have a lot to learn before this could be successful. 

Just my two cents as a new player. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.