Ender2D

A bit disappointed

Hello, I recently decided to get back into GTA RP and applied to Eclipse because of how large the server was. I read great things about it and liked the idea of no local NPC's with a rich organic experience. Well when my application was finally approved I was pumped!

I logged in 3 different time, on 3 different days... to nothing but problems and I'm disappointed. The server itself is very stable and seems lag free. This isn't a technical complaint.

My first night playing I was hit by 1 car flying down the sidewalk trying to go change my outfit. The same player took several passes trying to hit me as I tried to get inside of the store so after I changed I logged off.

My second night I logged in to some guy on fire, on a Vespa, also on fire, who ran into me, on fire, and tried to blow me up but exploded behind me against another car and sent me flying. Luckily i didnt die. I brushed it off and started walking around to go meet people. I ended up at the police station to try and report the situation. I found 1 guy running in circles punching people randomly who kept saying "im sorry. im sorry" on mic as he did it. Another guy speaking Russian that was doing push ups on the police counter and another guy doing wheelies up and down the road holding the honk button. Not wanting any part of Gotham City, i logged off.

I just logged in again and landed at the police station where I logged off last night to an admin being logged in with several cops shouting on mic something along the lines of "get out of the police station. get out of the police station" while people ran in circles inside who clearly didn't care about the RP rules. So i started to walk down the stairs of the police station and 2 guys wearing troll outfits(just random crap with missing limbs, oddball haircuts with missing feet etc) kept running into me saying "get out. Move scuffed Keanu Reeves" "get out keeanu" "move scuffed Keanu" ... All while an admin and several officers stood feet away trying to handle some other chaotic situation. I will say that all of these situations were ((new players))... But C'mon.

Look, I get it. You have an application process that is supposed to create a whitelist for responsible players. But they're getting through because they don't care and want to be a part of something popular. It's very obvious that there are not enough police officer and/or admin online to handle troll players who just want to start stuff with people who are trying to enjoy RP.

It's pretty much ruined my chances of even wanting to play Eclipse nor would I be able to recommend it in it's current condition. I'm sorry if this comes off harsh because I had a lot of hope for this one.

No I did not get anyone's ID #'s because it wasn't until today that I realized that's how you guys report and keep track of bad players. I thought these were just given out randomly on server login so I didn't want to write them down and get a random player in trouble. But it's not really hard to see. Just login and walk around....

• Like 1

Hey man, I am really sorry for the experience you had tonight. What you witnessed was only a small part of a major situation that started at the bank, took off to City Hall, went to PD, and then ended at Bolingbroke. Generally it was a 2 and a half hour long situation. I can not talk you in to staying here but truly this an amazing server and not always is it as chaotic as the ROLEPLAY situation we had to day, that of which was a protest turned RIOT. 

I only ask that you create server suggestions of any ideas you may have of how we could possibly improve in any areas what so ever. Administration as well as developers are very open to suggestions and are also very open minded.

It would be great to have you stay here with us! Clearly you are new and  clearly you want what is best for the server, and we would love to keep you here, but you just need to be patient, explore the server, make friends, and see what the server is all about. @FatherOsborn

I totally understand and feel what you're saying. I as someone who's been on Eclipse for 2 months, am sorry for your bad experience as you are right when you say that a lot of New Players get through the application process and then mess up the whole experience to everyone. I wish you could meet me or someone else who does respect a good roleplay and enjoys it. I would not want  you to leave because of this bad timing while we all adjust to the current situation. I hope you will give more chances to this server as unfortunately the actions of the players are not our, so how could we be held responsible for that.

Thank you for your insight on the matter and I believe that admins appreciate hearing such experience from a new player, even it's negative.

Hey man, just read through your post and completely understand what you're saying. I'm going to blunt and honest, a bunch of these players are toxic, unfun, trolls coming from several streaming communities, just trying to have their own version of fun. They will lie through their application, make a nice biography, make themselves seem like they truly want to roleplay, and then do the dumb shit like tonight. What @Drake Parker said was true, there was like 50 players, 90% of them new players, trolling and completely disrespecting server rules, a lot of them were kicked and banned before I logged off, and I'm sure even more were after I logged. I strongly encourage you to return when you're ready, and try to find some good, honest players who enjoy roleplaying and taking the game seriously. I'd really recommend not trying to get good roleplay from almost anyone at the bank, parking lot, MD, and sometimes PD. A lot of the players hanging out there are new to the server, some truly want to roleplay and enjoy the server, but others will just look to fuck around and troll. They will be cleansed out eventually, it's just a huge spike of players coming from these streaming communities. I appreciate you writing this post, as it was very honest and real. Please come back soon, I'd love to try and meet you in game, thanks for the post.

Edited by 37hh
  • Like 1

Since the requirements are not that harsh to get in, many people who have 0 interest in rping get in. Especially right now when there is a massive influx from streamers. I think that right now the admins should be more harsh and aggresive to make sure that these people get banned.

This is a cops and robbers server at this point, not RP.

legal civilians have fuck all to do while criminals run wild robbing every single person they come across, it hasn't changed since i joined in 2017 and i don't think it ever will. There is a handful of legit rper's and a bucket full of fuckheads.

• Like 1

On 3/22/2019 at 12:50 PM, Corbin_Simm said:

This is a cops and robbers server at this point, not RP.

legal civilians have fuck all to do while criminals run wild robbing every single person they come across, it hasn't changed since i joined in 2017 and i don't think it ever will. There is a handful of legit rper's and a bucket full of fuckheads.

i have to highly agree with you. I'm only 2 weeks into playing and i get robbed almost every store/block is come too. Its stupid. There is Alpha gangs that just take over so that way they can play how they want. VDM is super super heavy too. 

To be honest "the way it is" is just plain sad. All this is a legacy we show to the newcomers and when the newcomers are not newcomers anymore, they will show the same example to the newcomers of that time, because that's what they experienced and that is the legacy we pass along. It is up to every single roleplayer of the server to change that, but it wont happen. Then we have the big shots, the big influential people, like gang leaders that could control their people actions to some point to change this legacy, but even they are not interested, so in the end we have bunch of non-caring people playing on the server because they cannot be bothered and are at the point in game where they are not affected by any of this, so no interest in changing it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OBESE said:

To be honest "the way it is" is just plain sad. All this is a legacy we show to the newcomers and when the newcomers are not newcomers anymore, they will show the same example to the newcomers of that time, because that's what they experienced and that is the legacy we pass along. It is up to every single roleplayer of the server to change that, but it wont happen. Then we have the big shots, the big influential people, like gang leaders that could control their people actions to some point to change this legacy, but even they are not interested, so in the end we have bunch of non-caring people playing on the server because they cannot be bothered and are at the point in game where they are not affected by any of this, so no interest in changing it.

I agree, there was situation where we were in a convoy with doc to take a prisoner out. At MD we had to unlock our riot van, to let inmates in we rply chained them to the railing that they could not escape. One new guy just got into our van and drove away, all the prisoners jumped out even rply they were chained. We reported to an admin, that guy could not distinguish chat from ooc or /me /do at all. Admins response was kick and redo the quiz. LOLOL that supposed to be perma ban, he clearly have someone to answer the quiz and he wil do again. For the rest of the inmates solution was "just rp it out", god damnit what to rp out they were chained to the railing. This is not RP server, no matter how high staff seems to claim it. People have no sense at fear rp what so ever. Sorry for your experience mate, but if people say it "happens rarely" they're bullshiting, it happens all the time, if you're looking for proper rp you wont find it here. And yeah it's easy to blame the new players what staff points out, our rp is dropping down because of the new players. And that's just pile of horse shit, yeah there's a lot new people in general who can't rp, althought the ones that actually do the action is more experienced players, gang members and they are the main problem not the new people, new people will try to learn rp from older players and since these players don't even care about rp standarts nor will new players will since they got bad example. If you would look at admins about farming situation they would say: Well just get on on your work you should be cautious, damn you litteraly get raided 24/7 how is that any rp, the problem is also that the admins do not care even if they pretend to.

Edited by Scott Cleverley
  • Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.