st3fan333

Effects on taxi drivers due to speed cameras

Hello all, 

Recently the local authorities passed the implementation of speed camera's; brilliant idea. This will make the drivers of LS more aware of their speed.

This however comes at a cost to the cab drivers of LS. The DCC was a preferred method of transport, rather than the City Bee Faggio, because of the travel time. However, now that the taxis are limited to 70 (by the camera's) we won't be getting enough customers. This will have a drastic impact on the business.

My recommendation would be to lower the Faggio speed or increase Faggio prices (I think lowering the speed would be better).

I would like the local authorities to review this idea.

Thank you,

Stefan Gurrent 

-1 IMO. Taxis are still preferred over fagios when available because a fagio tops out at 70 as you said. Nerfing the fagio in terms of cost or speed would shaft the whole server. Taxi's still are far better when doing any sort of considerable distance, the cameras are only in the NCZs not everywhere. I don't think the small areas a taxi would have to slow down justifies nerfing such a widely used service like the fagio, not to mention fagios are available 24/7 but majority of the time 1 or so cab drivers are online and cannot possibly answer all the calls.

Edited by TheCanadian

22 minutes ago, st3fan333 said:

Are the camera's visible like boxes or sommat? Maybe implementing signage and the camera box would be cool?

Yes, they are visible. Nice to see that you are making a suggestion without even knowing how its currently implemented.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.