Levi208

Realistic moneysinks.

As the title suggests I'm sure it's clear to everyone the devs are trying to create a few moneysinks, giving people something they want/need to spend their money on other than hoarding it.
Don't get me wrong, I'm all for this. But I think instead of reducing the amount of communication and lowering people's pays through taxes/business registration. Why not introduce positive incentive to spend that money instead.

An example of this might be; allow those who've purchased interiors to import drinks at a reduced cost and thus be able to sell said drinks for way cheaper than a regular store.. Creating incentive for people to actually buy drinks at nightclub events or whatever they've done with their interior. It'd work the exact same way for let's say a player-operated fastfood chain. I'll take burgers at less than 450, yes please.

This was just an example, I'd like to know if you guys share my thoughts, have your own to add or disagree alltogether.

• Upvote 3

+1. Would be sick in general if business properties could purchase an item of furniture that allows them to sell items via script. Alternatively, a command like /sellspot (similar to /stashspot) could be introduced. 

I think the devs are looking to create a self-sustaining economy and I believe this supports that vision.

I envisage a pawn shop dynamic where players can sell unwanted items such as radios for say $400 and the shop lists the item for sale at $600. The prices could be set by the property owner (buy and sell), much like a fuel station. This would also give something for the government to do as they could inspect businesses to ensure they're selling items they have the necessary licenses for.

Edited by Pistol Pete

21 minutes ago, Pistol Pete said:

+1. Would be sick in general if business properties could purchase an item of furniture that allows them to sell items via script. Alternatively, a command like /sellspot (similar to /stashspot) could be introduced. 

I think the devs are looking to create a self-sustaining economy and I believe this supports that vision.

I envisage a pawn shop dynamic where players can sell unwanted items such as radios for say $400 and the shop lists the item for sale at $600. The prices could be set by the property owner (buy and sell), much like a fuel station. This would also give something for the government to do as they could inspect businesses to ensure they're selling items they have the necessary licenses for.

+1 to this idea and the thred post

22 hours ago, Pistol Pete said:

Not pawn shops as the start up cost of buying the store would be huge, but instead a market stall out in the open that can be bought and placed anywhere.

Edited by ItsFiftyy

+1, money sinks should exist and the economy should be open. However I've heard the devs want to create a 'closed economy'.

In a closed economy money sinks can't exist, because all money would have to go somewhere. Closed economy is also not realistic as it doesn't exist in real life. The money that 'comes from nowhere' is actually materials and natural resources that we extract from the earth.

Edited by Xoza

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.