OwxnPxrsons

Dealer Price Changes

As I and Many other have noticed there has been a significant change to prices of Vehicle Parts from a Chopped car and from selling bagged money due to the loss of the Mark-up you would gain post the Drug Update in December . In my Opinion and others I'm lead to believe that the new changes in prices don't correlate to the risk and reward of activity's such as GTA of a Vehicle and Operating a chop shop , both of these charges if caught carry both large fines and a 24Hr License suspension and Prison Time : For example , prior to the update you'd gain a large amount for say a 35 lock car reaching around 35,000 which is now around 18,000 prior to the new changes and nerf to criminal Dealers , id hope that other members of the community can agree that this price change there forth doesn't correlate to the risk , reward of chopping a car.

Furthermore , As said Prior the decrease in Bagged Money Value has both affected those who were robbing ATM's , Houses and Banks profits. Due to the loss of Mark-up i further believe that the risk/reward for a activity such as House robbery isn't justified . Considering the Price of say a 'high end income' house being 20,000 which in itself is a gamble due to the difficulty of the houses which i and other believe to of been fair for the reward that you would gain once you sold the Items from the house . However since the change it has both dropped the Profits of houses to a minimum amount therefore I believe we could see a decrease in house robbery activity.

Basically my aim of this thread post is bring awareness to these changes and learn of other peoples opinions on the matter to see if they agree and understand the change myself. I heartily believe that changes in the dealers wont just affect the criminals but i believe that the lack of people wanting to do crimes such as Shop robbery , ATMS , houses and Chop cars will lose significant RP for both the Police Departments and other players who could rob , aid or help those doing these activity's which as ive seen as a individual who has a Crim Player this is frequent and offers a large amount of my own personnel rp.

thanks for reading.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

+1
House robberies aint worth it anymore. It had a good balance between risk/reward. you fail picklock or make to much noise or even crash the game? lose 20 to 30k investment (including drill and crates if you do get arrested) but atleast the risk was worth the profit. (lost about 1 third of the profit with recent changes)
Banks are still rewarding but it is a lot less motivating to do them now if you talk about individual money.
Atm's.... people do those? xD
The fun of making drugs dissapeared a while ago with the lab changes and the risk of chopping vs reward isnt worth it anymore.

I hate complaining but risk/reward for crims is very outbalanced right now with not enough reward.

Itd be nice to see actual changelogs to some things when an update comes out instead of "Find out ic" the changes are oocly and we cant pretend icly that the previous numbers never existed.

Edited by GoldieShort
  • Like 3

Of the things that were useful to change for house robberies, the pay out being reduced was not one of them. Neither was disabling the crawling anim.

• Being able to buy another location in that time period, if you fuck up on the first one or get a location that doesn't suit you, for example.
  • Reduction of weight of stuff to make the job more convenient.
  • Being able to rob during the day during the morning/early evening but with greater risk of being caught if you are robbing in that time

Shit like that, as an example.

It reminds me of when mining used to be popping and we added the RVs that allowed for a bunch of ore to be transported, then we made the RV slow as shit if you filled it and the pay started to suck. Killed any and all interest off that freelance job.

What's the point?

2 hours ago, Bala said:

It reminds me of when mining used to be popping and we added the RVs that allowed for a bunch of ore to be transported, then we made the RV slow as shit if you filled it and the pay started to suck. Killed any and all interest off that freelance job.

I'm sure that affected it, but the most major change was when the action mini-game was added to mining and oil drilling. Instead of people chilling for an hour doing low effort content, they are now effectively lock picking cars for 1/20th of the reward. Action timers should not be used in jobs that have skills checks like that.

• Upvote 2

I mean when it comes to the chop parts, it sucks ass, I got about 6.5k for 2 cars just for doors and tires (1 was a high end car). It just isn't worth it. As a crim I am desperately trying to avoid going to labs as it is just a deathmatch zone and you see all the reports come through, its not worth it.

It's annoying to be forced to move to other methods, I get its so criminals can interact with each other more but I'd rather have RP than shootouts. From what I see the server is nerfing one part to push crims to go try something else, it shouldn't be like that, just have a balance across the board. I'm not one to complain usually but its getting annoying as hell.

There is a lot of risk when it comes to chopping, the noise of the tools, the cars being flagged as stolen, picking/hotwire minigame, the annoying tires popping every 5 seconds while chopping(bug) just to get very little. 

• Like 1

+1 I understand trying to change the meta of the economy but that being said.. making high stakes criminal jobs like chopping or store/bank/atm robberys have less of a return isn't ideal.. like bala said eventually no one will waste there time doing such activities because jail time fines and reward won't be worth it

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Smoke1 said:

+1 I understand trying to change the meta of the economy but that being said.. making high stakes criminal jobs like chopping or store/bank/atm robberys have less of a return isn't ideal.. like bala said eventually no one will waste there time doing such activities because jail time fines and reward won't be worth it

They buffed ATMs enough to make them worth it and then a week later made a change that made them less worth it than before.

• Like 1

Major +1

Silent Nerf was terrible. There were a lot of people that were already demotivated to play and didn't like going out and trying to do crim shit because it felt like a grind, felt like it wasn't worth it, and the risk was too high. Now the reward is even lower so there's practically no point to doing it.

Just revert the silent nerf and let crim turfs and everything relating to that be. The only issue beforehand with turfs was that it felt like a grind to maintain them, that's the only thing that should be changed, not the payout. Because now your turfs are still going down just as much so it's still just as much of a grind, maybe even more of a grind because you're not getting a good reward for that grind.

• Like 2

Cars are literally piling up at high end because its simply not worth the risk to attempt to pick lock them.  I now get less than 10k from your average NPC car, and even less from player owned cars, which are piling up again all over the sever.

If its a turf issue, I'd appreciate a "cartel" drop off that rewarded more money and no turf change.  This would help any tier 1 gangs that cant take turfs due to OOC restrictions, and solo crims who don't care about turf and just want the cash.