Cyrus Raven

Add masks in road worker job

agree with OP, +1 remove this shit

if i wanna chill out and do roadworking without being harrassed by police or people who want to order guns, or kill me for my affiliation, a mask was my only option

now i want to do this even more so that the economy was fucked and i cant make any money as a criminal, but i cant, because the option has been stripped.

The comments about it being IC is not relevant, just as comparing this to the impound lot suggestions is not relevant. If there was an actual "Roadworker Faction" in game, then yes, it would be IC, but there isn't. A roadworker company, or postal company would not allow their employees to be wearing a goofy mask while on the job. Since there is no IC entity to provide this policy, its done by the script instead. The comparison made to the impound suggestion or license suspension suggestion doesn't hold weight since there IS an IC group that regulates this policy that it can be taken to (LSPD or GOV). If you are a criminal that has pissed people off and created a threat for yourself and now you want to go do roadwork, then that's an IC consequence of your actions you need to deal with. You wouldn't go to your boss at a roadwork company and tell them "I pissed off the rival gang down the road and they wanna kidnap and kill me now, so please let me wear a mask on the job". 

On 12/30/2023 at 6:05 PM, ash816 said:

if i wanna chill out and do roadworking without being harrassed by police or people who want to order guns, or kill me for my affiliation, a mask was my only option

If you want to avoid harassment from police, wearing a mask is a sure way to get harassed by the police...

2 hours ago, Requiem said:

A roadworker company, or postal company would not allow their employees to be wearing a goofy mask while on the job.

Do you think players should be able to RP the use of a mask during roadworker job as personal protective equipment ?

2 minutes ago, Cyrus Raven said:

Do you think players should be able to RP the use of a mask during roadworker job as personal protective equipment ?

I do not believe there are any hazards that roadworkers encounter that would require them to realistically need to RP a mask for protection. Its mostly cleaning up a wrecked car, or fallen tree, etc. While there are fires involved in some of these instances, an automated 911 call is generated to MD to have the fire department come deal with the fire, not the roadworkers. 

18 minutes ago, Requiem said:

I do not believe there are any hazards that roadworkers encounter that would require them to realistically need to RP a mask for protection.

How do you bridge your view with the case linked in the OP? An IC determination has already been made regarding the use of masks during incidents which may have harsh conditions. What about other avenues of RP surrounding masks such as working at night, working in the cold (Reminder that Snow RP rules explicitly state: ''Players are expected to wear appropriate clothing for the snowy weather.''), or people wanting to RP religious attire?

3 minutes ago, Cyrus Raven said:

How do you bridge your view with the case linked in the OP? An IC determination has already been made regarding the use of masks during incidents which may have harsh conditions. What about other avenues of RP surrounding masks such as working at night, working in the cold (Reminder that Snow RP rules explicitly state: ''Players are expected to wear appropriate clothing for the snowy weather.''), or people wanting to RP religious attire?

Those should also be modified via the implemented script support then.