OZZIEDEPP

breaking out of cop cars

so I rp'd breaking out a window and got away and the cops called admin on me and they said I couldn't do that cause of "METAL BARS" and that someone would have to help me in order to do that which I simply don't get. One, I think its weird how they have the police cruiser skins that are not normally in game but cant and "metal bars" to the cruisers . Second, there are multiple events in real life and in the server where I seen moment of people doin the same exact thing I did yet it is not realistic? I feel the cops as a faction force are already way to overpowered for criminals and that little things need to be taken into more consideration to level the playing field and i feel like this would be a good step towards that

right so, lets back up here.

1. how did you rp breaking out of the cop car window specifically? even average car windows are really hard to break by design. they are not single panes of domestic glass. they have a thick plastic film halfway through their glazing to absorb shock from blunt objects and impacts. this is standard across the industry. you might be able to crack em. but break em to the point you can slither out? no way...not without tools. the exception to this is the rear window, which you would not have access to from the inside of a cruiser.

2. how did you manage to do this from the inside of the vehicle, presumably cuffed. did you headbutt? kick? if you are going to be specific about the attending LEOs wording then you also need to be critical of your own.

3. like i dont think its out of the realm of possibility to say that a police cruiser has reinforced back windows to contain unruly arrestees. i'm not in law enforcement but i'm sure this is something thats common. yes, we could go back and forth on if they had "bars" but thats grasping at straws and not really relevant. 

finally and most importantly. i think its good practice that once youre inside a cops car, you shouldnt be able to free yourself without outside help. this frees up the LEOs to inspect the scene, carry out paperwork etc without having to constantly watch you. even if you did get out, youre cuffed. what are you gonna do? run until you get tazed? how would that create more run rp? 

LEOs versus Criminals is not supposed to be a fair fight. the criminal will always be on the back foot and, speaking as someone with no LEO character, im fine with that.

Edited by Quietthecutie

You can find many videos of people breaking police cruiser windows from the inside and the outside. Most regular and undercover cop cars do not have "reinforced glass" or any of that crap and that's for safety reason. If the suspect has to be estracted during an emergency it has to be doable. There are videos of people breaking windows with their head and they despite the cuts they didnt even require stitches. Vehicles that are meant for transport have plastic or metal window guards on the inside. I don't remember if regular cruisers have those on the server but it wouldn't be too hard to break out if they didn't. An adult male or strong woman can easily brake the glass.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, TheCactus said:

You can find many videos of people breaking police cruiser windows from the inside and the outside. Most regular and undercover cop cars do not have "reinforced glass" or any of that crap and that's for safety reason. If the suspect has to be estracted during an emergency it has to be doable. There are videos of people breaking windows with their head and they despite the cuts they didnt even require stitches. Vehicles that are meant for transport have plastic or metal window guards on the inside. I don't remember if regular cruisers have those on the server but it wouldn't be too hard to break out if they didn't. An adult male or strong woman can easily brake the glass.

ok, ill give ya some rope with that one. lets say youre right, none of that addresses the mammoth delay/increase in manpower at every crime scene once word gets around that you can rp breaking out of cop cars from the inside, solo.

One of the biggest complaints people have about crime scenes is the wait to get them cleaned up and getting people off to MD/DOC. this would only make this take longer if LEOs have to deal with this as well. large crime scenes are already a nightmare to manage without this additional hurdle. Terrible idea.

38 minutes ago, Quietthecutie said:

ok, ill give ya some rope with that one. lets say youre right, none of that addresses the mammoth delay/increase in manpower at every crime scene once word gets around that you can rp breaking out of cop cars from the inside, solo.

One of the biggest complaints people have about crime scenes is the wait to get them cleaned up and getting people off to MD/DOC. this would only make this take longer if LEOs have to deal with this as well. large crime scenes are already a nightmare to manage without this additional hurdle. Terrible idea.

It's your choice whether you want to keep resisiting, knowing that you will go to prison later if you fail and probably get more charges too. If the dude just wants to get it over with, you continue in a normal cruiser. If they resist you request DOC assistance or use a transport van. I believe this can lead to more breakouts during transports, especially when people are able to assist the suspects. Nowadays it feels like there's no way out as soon as someone is in cuffs or in the back of a cop car.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, TheCactus said:

It's your choice whether you want to keep resisiting, knowing that you will go to prison later if you fail and probably get more charges too. If the dude just wants to get it over with, you continue in a normal cruiser. If they resist you request DOC assistance or use a transport van. I believe this can lead to more breakouts during transports, especially when people are able to assist the suspects. Nowadays it feels like there's no way out as soon as someone is in cuffs or in the back of a cop car.

its your choice if you want to break out, but few crimescenes are with a solo criminal. so youll still be picking up the tab if say, 6 criminals are getting arrested. and it would be a chore for LEOs to have to constantly monitor and play around this on top of everything else in scene management. it would be massively open to abuse by criminals delaying a scene. we are still not addressing that problem. and then there is the question of where ambulances fall into this. 

If you wanna do breakout RP, im all for it. but you should have outside help. this makes it more realistic, because unless you are completely off your bean headbutting a police cruisers window to the point either your skull or the glass breaks, crawling through broken glass, falling headfirst onto the road simply running it off.... it makes no sense. would be like something out of the benny hill show.

Edited by Quietthecutie
  • NAY 1

its your choice if you want to break out, but few crimescenes are with a solo criminal. so youll still be picking up the tab if say, 6 criminals are getting arrested. and it would be a chore for LEOs to have to constantly monitor and play around this on top of everything else in scene management. it would be massively open to abuse by criminals delaying a scene. we are still not addressing that problem. and then there is the question of where ambulances fall into this. 

If you wanna do breakout RP, im all for it. but you should have outside help. this makes it more realistic, because unless you are completely off your bean headbutting a police cruisers window to the point either your skull or the glass breaks, crawling through broken glass, falling headfirst onto the road before simply running it off.... it makes no sense. would be like something out of the benny hill show. it also forces criminals who want to do escape RP to actually have some forethought, planning and investment in order to be able to begin it insted of just saying "F**K it...i got nothing better to do..."

Edited by Quietthecutie