Donovan

Question regarding the developing team / people in high positions

Is there any point writting suggestions ? There have been multiple suggestions over the past few months that got highly upvoted by the community with multiple pages of people reacting and discussing it yet not a single one of those has been implemented ? What is the point of even having the option to suggest something that might actually increase the quality of the server and add CONTENT which is highly lacking right now if nobody is going to even bother to read it , answer to it yet alone implement it ? If you are not going to listen to what the playerbase and the community has to say regarding the content on the server , who will you listen to and whose oppinions would mather ? My intentions are not to criticise but to get any sort of feedback regarding this , cause for past who knows how long nothing new has been added yet alone nothing from the suggestions themselfs .. People are trying and are filled with ideas but it feels like nobody cares about it 

PS : If anyone from the development team or an admin with a high enough ranking decides to answer please restrain yourselfs from saying something and deciding that is the end of the discussion and locking the topic , the whole point of it is to have a discussion regarding the lack of interest shown towards the community , listening to the suggestions they provide and doing something regarding them , saying " People are busy " and locking the topic will not resolve in anything but building even more hatred inside the community and proving the fact that only oppinions of certain people matter , we know you are admins and developers there is no need to point that out by showing that you can lock the topic at any point , let's use this as a neutral ground to have an actual talk using facts and arguments instead of moderation tools , Thank you in advance for being reasonable and understandable

Edited by Gangula
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 6

Agreed.

Like I'm sure a Majority of the player base knows that Coding takes time, especially when there is a limited number of people working on it. A lot of us have real life jobs that we work, and yet still take the time to write out detailed suggestions to make the server we play on better. A number of us, including myself, donate to keep the development and server running. We don't have to, but we choose to as we like playing here. Like I mentioned, coding takes time, but when you have some suggestions, with admin, hell, even developer responses, and they are still not implemented...and then we see the 15 Min "Coma" timer, "Notes", or "Speed Cameras" jump ahead of suggestions that have been there for MONTHS prior...it's a little insulting. 

Big changes like the Phone UI was a fucking fantastic add and it really improved the quality of the server....but then things like Speed Cameras....I don't remember ever seeing a Suggestion post on that (If i missed it, link it). You have suggestions of more Civilian and Criminal Jobs, Government Faction feature overhauls, and more...but they are never added, or pushed to the back of the line when something comes out of no where, like the Speed Cameras or 15-min Coma timer. Shit, if I knew how to code, I would gladly help. 

As someone who has been here for 2 years, watched the server change, evolve, staff come and go, players migrate and move on, the one thing that hasn't really changed...has been the overall Content of the server. More Civilian and Criminal Jobs are needed. Money Sinks are not...the rich only make up 10% of the server and currently the market caters and always will cater to them, while the rest of the 90% of the player base is struggling to keep up, both money, and motivation wise. I am on both sides of the spectrum. I have a Gov Faction char that has millions in assets, and a Criminal Faction char, that is homeless. I like working on the Gov faction as a way to just kick it and take my mind off of work, but I play my Crim char more to know the server, and it's players, whether they see me as a criminal or not.

The only criminal activities there are is Making drugs...and stealing things. (Ordering Guns/Ammo is currently a joke...) Warehouses are useless, Turfs are disabled (And there needs to be more of them in Sandy and Paleto Bay to spread out the RP gangs who want to Role Play as a MC that is based in the Desert, or a group of Mountain Men in Paleto or whatever you know?) The City Turfs are fine and plenty for the large Official gangs, but the small gangs needs to exist too, and with more turfs, there would be more room for growth. Also on the criminal note, there needs to be more to do rather than just Make drugs, steal cars, and rob people. There have been suggestions for Smuggling Jobs, Counterfeiting Jobs, and more, that the criminals can do to make money. Some of which are great ideas...but never implemented. This needs to change if you want the gangs to stop robbing players or stealing cars. I also think the Gang Warfare Rulebook needs to be re-worked, but that is another thing entirely.

As for the Money Sink subject. That can easily be fixed by just adding all of the missing vehicles into the server, maybe even bring supers back but adjust their price to reflect their market (2Mil+ starting price and have a limited quantity of each super car). Furniture is a great idea, and I think it is a good add, but it all wraps around to money. When you are heavily taxing people when they reach 1 million in total (assets and all), it becomes really hard for them to even want to spend money...You only really notice the millionaires of the server spending stupid amounts of cash on Gas Stations or Super Cars, but when you look at the rest of the population, they cant even afford to buy a decent house for a decent price cause of the millionaires spiking the prices. 

All in all, there just needs to be more content, not Coma Screens, Speed Cameras, etc. But more Jobs, Criminal Activities, and overhauls of Government Factions. I think the Suggestion list needs to actually be looked at seriously, and the devs need to prioritize the development of the most requested items FROM THE COMMUNITY. As I said...we get coding takes time, and you can be busy with real life...but keep in mind that the Players give life to the server, make it feel alive, so Ignoring their suggestions, and adding things that they never requested...it doesn't look good.

Believe me...if I truly didn't like the server and the people on it...I wouldn't continue to play here...but since I am still playing here, shows that I still have hope for the server and want it to succeed.

• Like 1

Whilst I understand frustration, agree in certain points... The problem I have, is that everyone wants staff to respond to reports, suggestions, refund requests, punishment appeals, discord, in game etc. etc. NOW and not a second later. That doesn't even include applications. Honestly, I get it. You're frustrated, some things need to improve. I agree with some points. But... It's a small team. I don't see any other places better and everyone is acting like the staff owe them something. You donate because you want to support and show appreciation; this however, does not grant any special powers/benefits.

Those who are mad, like the poster with only 1 post who signed up to post to protect his/her other account, don't want to be here. Don't be here. Go elsewhere if it's better. But honestly, I haven't seen anywhere better (especially on Rage MP) currently and neither have you; hence why you're here and care so much about the server.

The suggestion for speed camera was made, I even +1'd it before it went on to a voting system. There are many things the developers are working on, but can't tell us (grapevine), and some of the stuff coming is great. I understand, criminals need more RP, but honestly; 50% of the criminals I meet, can't role-play a simple robbery. Never mind a drugs/smuggling run. All they want is easy money. 

Perhaps a community meeting would work? Open it up to questions? Get to know the founders/staff/developers? I feel that might do some justice.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Denni said:

Whilst I understand frustration, agree in certain points... The problem I have, is that everyone wants staff to respond to reports, suggestions, refund requests, punishment appeals, discord, in game etc. etc. NOW and not a second later. That doesn't even include applications. Honestly, I get it. You're frustrated, some things need to improve. I agree with some points. But... It's a small team. I don't see any other places better and everyone is acting like the staff owe them something. You donate because you want to support and show appreciation; this however, does not grant any special powers/benefits.

Those who are mad, like the poster with only 1 post who signed up to post to protect his/her other account, don't want to be here. Don't be here. Go elsewhere if it's better. But honestly, I haven't seen anywhere better (especially on Rage MP) currently and neither have you; hence why you're here and care so much about the server.

The suggestion for speed camera was made, I even +1'd it before it went on to a voting system. There are many things the developers are working on, but can't tell us (grapevine), and some of the stuff coming is great. I understand, criminals need more RP, but honestly; 50% of the criminals I meet, can't role-play a simple robbery. Never mind a drugs/smuggling run. All they want is easy money. 

Perhaps a community meeting would work? Open it up to questions? Get to know the founders/staff/developers? I feel that might do some justice.

Then bring on more staff and give them specific roles. Make some of the admins report admins who just answer forum reports whilst playing. And have others be in game report admins. Ones who respond on /report 3 and 4s. It's all about balance and structure. If there is neither, then the machine breaks down. 

3 minutes ago, Nubbsauce said:

Then bring on more staff and give them specific roles. Make some of the admins report admins who just answer forum reports whilst playing. And have others be in game report admins. Ones who respond on /report 3 and 4s. It's all about balance and structure. If there is neither, then the machine breaks down. 

This is a good suggestion! More "how to solve" rather than "you're not doing anything bla bla bla"! (Not aimed at you). 

I haven't said staff @Denni I am reffering only to HA and Developers here since only their oppinions matter regarding suggestions and development done on the server , nobody is crying for attention or to be recognised , we just want server to get better and for people to show interest in listening and caring for their community , that's all . If people are willing to give their ideas and suggestions to improve the server , why ignore it ? If you do not want to listen to then , what is the point of the " Server Suggestions " , if you cannot work on it , close it , do not give players false hope.

13 minutes ago, Gangula said:

I haven't said staff @Denni I am reffering only to HA and Developers here since only their oppinions matter regarding suggestions and development done on the server , nobody is crying for attention or to be recognised , we just want server to get better and for people to show interest in listening and caring for their community , that's all . If people are willing to give their ideas and suggestions to improve the server , why ignore it ? If you do not want to listen to then , what is the point of the " Server Suggestions " , if you cannot work on it , close it , do not give players false hope.

Exactly, or they can close it if it cannot be supported by RAGE. 

7 hours ago, Gangula said:

Still the same applies. Complaining saying you want them to respond to 100s of suggestions which then in turn cuts down development time. 

Don't get me wrong, I can understand your point. I just think; it's a free server, you don't have to play. A lot of people act like this place owes them something. 

Yes the above doesn't mean they shouldn't develop. They do, but they just haven't been checking the suggestions. 

Edited by Denni

7 hours ago, Denni said:

Still the same applies. Complaining saying you want them to respond to 100s of suggestions which then in turn cuts down development time. 

Don't get me wrong, I can understand your point. I just think; it's a free server, you don't have to play. A lot of people act like this place owes them something. 

Yes the above doesn't mean they shouldn't develop. They do, but they just haven't been checking the suggestions. 

That is the problem Denni , what " development time " has been cut ? Have you seen anything major developed in the past 6 months that would require full attention from developers day to day for months ? 

Personally I haven't seen any big changes or development that could counter the argument that nothing has been changed , and people are not showing interest in actually changing something ... It just feels like they would rather fix small issues , then change anything or do a big update .. Check update logs , ask people that play on the server .. Let's use MD as an example , last time they got anything was a year ago ? People play this game alot , and play it everyday without updates they lose will to play , if they got ideas listen to them and apply them ..

@MusketDeezNuts That's understandable , but the thing is , if the topics would be read on a daily basis they would be locked in time before another 10 are made , and also .. if they read it and decide which ones to use , why hasn't a single suggestion been made into an actual thing on the server yet ? 

Edited by Gangula

@Gangula if you go into archive section on suggestions. You know a lot has been added into the server. Or denied. 

I have locked and archived many myself as those old suggestions ware added in the past. Such as a mobile phone on the hud instead of commands.

I will try to find the topic what used to be pinned. See if I can pin it again. Or make a new one.

Yes , but how long was it been since something CONTENT related has been implemented in the game ? 
Problem is if any sort of update it's done , it's something that will not affect the gameplay or provide more content for people to do , you as an admin know it best , how many times a day or a week you take a certain skin for example ( a dog for PD ) , or when I asked you to be a Deer for my RP hunting trip with a 10y old etc. , like players and admins create a ton of RP scenarions themselfs every single day because they got nothing else to do , server has been stale content wise for so long , and all the updates that come in recently are touching on something not important at all , like let's take an example . Most recent thing that got developers attention are SPEED CAMERAS , nobody asked for them , but they still took it as a major thing that needs to be considered implementing and posted as a poll for people to vote on and even then people made fake accounts just to vote in favor or against it .... 
SPEED CAMERAS are not CONTENT , they are a feature , CONTENT is what development team should be focused on .. And since you mentioned Phone , it's super buggy and it's lacking tons of features that couldve been added to id before it was implemented on the server ( Group chat , Actually having a name of someone you saved in the contact book appear when they call you , a way to use chat without having to drop the phone down etc. ) .. @MusketDeezNuts The whole point of this topic is that things that get developed and are rare , are not something that people actually want or is not content that would improve day to day basis and gameplay of people who invests hundreds of hours every month on it .. If there is no time for developers to implement them , hire someone don't be on the high horse and act like you can take care of everything alone and do not want to share it with someone else because obviously that's not the case , if it was updates would be more frequent and actually include content not just bug fixes or small changes that will not affect day to day bases ... There are tons of suggestions that wouldn't require alot of time to be put into like let's say a command to mute bleets , a phone number for mechanics , implementing new jobs etc. etc.

As I was writting this post an update was just release with yet again no content , yes some things were added as furniture that might be considered content but it's not something that would affect players day to day bases but will actually be something you would do once and then once again in a month when you got bored of the current one , other things added are mostly features and if anything content has been REMOVED .

Why are turfs removed ? Why not change them or leave them be so criminals got something to do besides robbing stores , people , making drugs or chopping cars.. You Musket and few other admins that actually played or play criminal characters can vouch for the Criminal or Civilian life on the server . It's dull and empty , only fun and gameplay you can have is what you create yourself , script wise it's blank .. I've personally made few posts regarding it and so did other players but that's all put on the side so something else that nobody asked for or would change the fact that content is lacking can be implemented like Speed Cameras 

Alright I found out why it was removed. I was told to forward you to our announcements where it states that we talk about every server suggestion at future staff meetings. 

Turfs ware removed indeed (and announced months back with reasons) 

Developement is slow as its only two people doing it. Who have busy personal lifes. So busy they cant even RP themselfs most of the time. 

I do not agree that this update sucked. This update has a lot of stuff that can be RPed with.

You can now make your own house Open a biker clubhouse. Open your own food place! Open a hotel. Make something up. Use your imagination to create RP. I created companies like Los Santos Auction from scrap. It started from an idea on paper. And I earned a few mil ingame cause it was a creative idea. It died out when a ton of new houses ware released but it was still fun RP for the entire community that was made by 2 words on a notepad. And expended. I had contracts. Ingame interactive RP. It was fun for everyone who bought something or interacted with me. It made my character a bit famous in the city. 

Make some stuff up RP wise. It dont always need to be updates to add RP. The players can create their own RP. Maybe host an event like a music festival. It has been a while since our last one. (I think 3 months ago or so) 

I created companies. Hosted legal racing events. I once got permission to rob paleto bay bank for the RP of it. With a good plan and heist crew. 

My last words are. We do look at server suggestions. We do read them. Most staff even comments on them. The developers even comment on them. A lot of community suggestions have been added in the past. I believe 80% of the server ware all community suggestions at one point. But cause of the many suggestion. Their is a big que on it if its decided to be added or not.

-musket

15 minutes ago, MusketDeezNuts said:

My last words are. We do look at server suggestions. We do read them. Most staff even comments on them. The developers even comment on them. A lot of community suggestions have been added in the past. I believe 80% of the server ware all community suggestions at one point. But cause of the many suggestion. Their is a big que on it if its decided to be added or not.

I agree. Just because founders/developers don't comment on every single suggestion doesn't mean it's not looked at.

I feel the OP wants something in particular, so what is it you want added @gangula that you didn't get? There are so many suggestions, it's impossible to add them all and some aren't required or wanted; even if the developers don't want it, it's THEIR baby, THEIR community, THEIR mod. They technically can do what they like; they owe us nothing really... I for one, do like the new updates. Yes, we could have way more, but it's not a development studio. It's a couple of guys. You don't even pay for it... What more do you want?

Me and most of the community want content , why are speed cameras more important then having a new job or something new that would affect civilian or criminal gameplay ? Why is furniture more important then getting new stuff to actually play with , you will use furniture not that often , yes you can create RP but that's the problem you have to do everything on your own because the content is lacking and people are tired of getting on everday and having to everything by themselfs in order to have any sort of gameplay if you understand me , I do not mind that at all but you need to get multiple people involved for that to happen and actually be fun and worth investing couple of hours into it ... I understand the point you guys want to make but it's clear as day that content is lacking and that's the fact 

4 hours ago, Gangula said:

Me and most of the community want content , why are speed cameras more important then having a new job or something new that would affect civilian or criminal gameplay ? Why is furniture more important then getting new stuff to actually play with , you will use furniture not that often , yes you can create RP but that's the problem you have to do everything on your own because the content is lacking and people are tired of getting on everday and having to everything by themselfs in order to have any sort of gameplay if you understand me , I do not mind that at all but you need to get multiple people involved for that to happen and actually be fun and worth investing couple of hours into it ... I understand the point you guys want to make but it's clear as day that content is lacking and that's the fact 

Recently a whole new faction appeared! Is that not content? I would much rather role-play over script play... With the new houses/properties (etc.) and the furniture, people can create their own places to role-play and get others involved. That's just a tiny bit. Yes more things are needed over time, but what do you actually want? I feel as if something you wanted was declined and you're on a rampage?

Don't get me wrong, all opinions are valid of course! However, you cannot speak for most of the community. Just look at the feedback for the most recent update.

The thing that is being overlooked is that there has been 100s of great ideas thrown at the devs...with detail on how to do it, or at least enough detail to give them a good starting point. Yes, today's update was a Major Content Update...however...the server stability has now suffered greatly from it. Whether it's due to bad code, or just conflict with old code. Another thing that was added, but not asked for, was the 15min "You cant move after you get DMd" screen. I dont know why it was added, nor why it was even considered. 

As for content. no matter how you look at it...it is lacking... They haven't even added all of the DLC cars for Coupes, Sports, Sedans, SUVs, etc...They talk about wanting a money sink...ADD THE CARS....i know for a FACT that people have requested them over and over and over again...and coding them in isn't even hard as they are directly supported by RAGE. Its just a simple "Code their price, and check the  Enabled box". There needs to be more jobs out there. Maybe add some in Sandy or Paleto. Add Criminal Jobs. Add Industrial Jobs, like Forestry (Paleto) or Mining (Sandy). There are SO many suggestions for jobs and what not as well as Overhauls to Gov Factions. I have even gotten a response from a dev on one of mine, and I posted it in August of 2018... And it still is not implemented.

We get there is 2 people on the dev team...we get coding can take time....however ALL OF THIS can be sped up if the Devs just listen to their playerbase, and quit pulling an EA and ignoring the suggestions that people share. If they are bad, they are bad, mark them as such, and move on. However, READING the posts doesn't take long. How I would go about it is this:

-Read the post, if it is bad, simply say Sorry, but we don't think this will work well." and lock it. IF it is good...take note, and jot down a few CODING ideas on how it can be coded into Eclipse, and then move on to the next one. 
-After your list has been compiled, the 2 devs then talk to eachother and compare notes, seeing which ones can be knocked out first or which ones would have more priority.
-Then the Devs would bring that to the ADMIN TEAM and ask them if they have any input on the following selected Suggested items or if they have another idea on how to implement them.
-Then they would code them and push the server into a Beta Test phase and test the new code with the old code. Creating Stability and Functionality.

-Then after testing, they would release it to a Live patch.

Really, it isn't hard....You just need to have structure and direction. You cant just go at things blindly and go "I think they will like this" and just patch it in. That will make your community turn against you 100%. Once again, look at EA and Ubisoft. 

Glad to see that someone care about making this server big.
Well only thing I have to say is that you have to listen to playerbase, atleast 80%. Also I know that there is a lot of suggestions and also I know that many of them are simple to code, but important to have on server. Atleast start with simple ones, or make yourself task. Everytime you make update, do 2-3 suggestions. That way you'll make yourself happy and playerbase.

I had expirience as head admin on SAMP and know what I'm talking about.
Regards.

18 minutes ago, Nubbsauce said:

The thing that is being overlooked is that there has been 100s of great ideas thrown at the devs...with detail on how to do it, or at least enough detail to give them a good starting point. Yes, today's update was a Major Content Update...however...the server stability has now suffered greatly from it. Whether it's due to bad code, or just conflict with old code. Another thing that was added, but not asked for, was the 15min "You cant move after you get DMd" screen. I dont know why it was added, nor why it was even considered. 

As for content. no matter how you look at it...it is lacking... They haven't even added all of the DLC cars for Coupes, Sports, Sedans, SUVs, etc...They talk about wanting a money sink...ADD THE CARS....i know for a FACT that people have requested them over and over and over again...and coding them in isn't even hard as they are directly supported by RAGE. Its just a simple "Code their price, and check the  Enabled box". There needs to be more jobs out there. Maybe add some in Sandy or Paleto. Add Criminal Jobs. Add Industrial Jobs, like Forestry (Paleto) or Mining (Sandy). There are SO many suggestions for jobs and what not as well as Overhauls to Gov Factions. I have even gotten a response from a dev on one of mine, and I posted it in August of 2018... And it still is not implemented.

We get there is 2 people on the dev team...we get coding can take time....however ALL OF THIS can be sped up if the Devs just listen to their playerbase, and quit pulling an EA and ignoring the suggestions that people share. If they are bad, they are bad, mark them as such, and move on. However, READING the posts doesn't take long. How I would go about it is this:

-Read the post, if it is bad, simply say Sorry, but we don't think this will work well." and lock it. IF it is good...take note, and jot down a few CODING ideas on how it can be coded into Eclipse, and then move on to the next one. 
-After your list has been compiled, the 2 devs then talk to eachother and compare notes, seeing which ones can be knocked out first or which ones would have more priority.
-Then the Devs would bring that to the ADMIN TEAM and ask them if they have any input on the following selected Suggested items or if they have another idea on how to implement them.
-Then they would code them and push the server into a Beta Test phase and test the new code with the old code. Creating Stability and Functionality.

-Then after testing, they would release it to a Live patch.

Really, it isn't hard....You just need to have structure and direction. You cant just go at things blindly and go "I think they will like this" and just patch it in. That will make your community turn against you 100%. Once again, look at EA and Ubisoft. 

The above is the "limbo" timer suggestion. 

+1 to more jobs. But what and how would they work?

You mention EA; they are paid a lot. Let's face it, this is all for free. To be here. So can't be compared to EA. Surely?

Your steps are great, especially the development life cycle, but you forget these are not full time developers who are solely focusing just on this. We don't know what their lives entail.

4 hours ago, Denni said:

The above is the "limbo" timer suggestion. 

+1 to more jobs. But what and how would they work?

You mention EA; they are paid a lot. Let's face it, this is all for free. To be here. So can't be compared to EA. Surely?

Your steps are great, especially the development life cycle, but you forget these are not full time developers who are solely focusing just on this. We don't know what their lives entail.

Then they should hire a coder who does it for a living to put a week or two into their development cycle and push out some content. It's not hard.

Running a server and a community is hard, especially when you have to develop it from nothing, but at the same time, you have to have a plan. Regardless if the devs are just volunteering to do this or not, they now have a community to look after, a server they need to maintain, a responsibility that needs to be taken care of. If they cannot make a dev cycle, you know what they could do....just fucking tell the community.... Keep them informed that they were not able to finish something due to a bug causing unforeseen issues with stability or with something personal arising that they needed to take care of...We are all human, we wont be like "OMG YOU HAVE A REAL LIFE?! RAWRAWRAWR!" Nah... Well some might, but that's besides the point. If they just COMMUNICATED with their community, I can almost guarantee they wouldn't get as much flack as they currently receive.

EDIT: Also if you look at the timeline.... Feb 2018 all the way to Jan 2019...almost a YEAR to implement a simple screen and a char disable...

Edited by Nubbsauce

5 hours ago, Nubbsauce said:

Then they should hire a coder who does it for a living to put a week or two into their development cycle and push out some content. It's not hard.

Running a server and a community is hard, especially when you have to develop it from nothing, but at the same time, you have to have a plan. Regardless if the devs are just volunteering to do this or not, they now have a community to look after, a server they need to maintain, a responsibility that needs to be taken care of. If they cannot make a dev cycle, you know what they could do....just fucking tell the community.... Keep them informed that they were not able to finish something due to a bug causing unforeseen issues with stability or with something personal arising that they needed to take care of...We are all human, we wont be like "OMG YOU HAVE A REAL LIFE?! RAWRAWRAWR!" Nah... Well some might, but that's besides the point. If they just COMMUNICATED with their community, I can almost guarantee they wouldn't get as much flack as they currently receive.

EDIT: Also if you look at the timeline.... Feb 2018 all the way to Jan 2019...almost a YEAR to implement a simple screen and a char disable...

I don't know about you but hiring a developer for a week or two would cost at least £1,000. Unsure how much they get in donations but... It's expensive. 

I do agree to more communication. Positive or negative. 

On 1/23/2019 at 11:20 PM, Denni said:

I don't know about you but hiring a developer for a week or two would cost at least £1,000. Unsure how much they get in donations but... It's expensive. 

I do agree to more communication. Positive or negative. 

I know that there are several people who have donated quite a bit to the server. And I can EASILY say they have cleared that mark.

Like I said, they need a plan, an order, and communication.

14 minutes ago, Gangula said:

@Denni I am not mad , I am just sad that there are people who have genuine intentions of making the server better with their suggestions and also reactions to other peoples suggestions and it's sad to see it all go to waste... 

If you look, a few have been implemented. A lot are repeat of ones declined. I get what you mean though but still.