Buggs

People Should Not Be ICly Responsible for What OOC Corruption Forces Them to Do - Change DM Rule

I am tired of being forced to call LSSD and LSPD because of OOC corruption rules, but then being told I'll get shot for calling cops. You can always ask for OOC corruption, but it's not always granted. However, your character is ALWAYS held accountable for calling cops. Recently, a report sided with the LEO's that called cops, saying that calling cops doesn't necessarily mean you have DM rights on that character.

Can we please remove the example of gaining DM rights against those that call cops and stop the threats against people on duty in a legal job that are forced by server rules to call cops?

For those that aren't aware, OOC corruption is a rule that every legal job has. It means that you can't do illegal things while on duty. That is the most basic definition, but it really varies by job as to what you can and cannot do.

Some examples of how OOC corruption rules change RP:

• Off-duty cops are required to call police when they see a crime happen (even if it's your best friend or family)
  • On-duty mechanics, DCC, and weazel employees have to call cops if they see a crime (even if they play a crim character)
  • No one is allowed to give discounts to anyone in any job without OOC corruption perms

The list goes on, but I feel like I've made my point. OOC corruption is forced on people due to people abusing faction duties in the past/not sticking to logical character stories. A character should not be held ICly accountable for what OOC corruption forces upon them as the only way to obtain permission is to ask the faction head.

3 minutes ago, Kjaer said:

You dont need to call the cops directly in front of people, police reports can always be filed in person after the fact. Act smart IC'ly and leave IC consequences, IC.

I agree.

You aren't forced to call 911 as if you're on a timer. Wait until you're in the clear to call.

+1 To the changing of the DM rule.

As it is right now, if anybody sees "(167) says (phone): Police", they're just KOS. The part of the DM rule where it states that "such as a report to the police" has made DM basically a checklist. I think that needs to be changed, I don't know how. But there needs to be some change.

Hello,

Calling 911 (on its own) does not grant DM rights as per the rules. To give clarification, in the rule it states "Prior interaction should include escalation such as a robbery or a report to the police." The keyword here is escalation. What this means is that a simple 911 call can not always result in DM rights on its own, unless it it built up escalation including said call.

As for the OOC Corruption aspect - you are not required to call 911 immediately as a situation happens, you can wait until any possible threat has left the area and provide details in the 911 call. It is not a breach of OOC Corruption in any faction to wait to call 911 until you are safe to do so. Additionally, OOC Corruption is not a server rule, it is an internal faction rule. If you believe a change needs to happen regarding that, you should reach out to your faction leader.

With that being said, this will now be closed and archived as no change is needed.

• Like 1