AtlasOLimbo

Revert the exterior update.

Multiple exteriors had their character stripped away or removed outright in favor of "cleanliness" or "modernization". Places that have much nicer exteriors than what they had before don't have better interiors to match. Designers with probably triple digit years of experience worked to make these places the way they were. This is not to undermine the hard work of Bala, but I believe more consideration should've went into this update.

12 minutes ago, AtlasOLimbo said:

@Victor Einhart
Before update/GTA SP.
image.png

image.png
image.png
image.png

After update.
image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png

Both of these are known Gang HQs that were selected for their original looks in mind.

Ok the OTF HQ one is a STRETCH as like one of those trees are scripts places, the rest I put there from the furniture store, but your point is not invalid. Some places should just stay or resemble how they looked previous. Not a complete overhaul change. We hate the way the southside looks as it went from 'The Hood" to a suburban old folks retirement place over night, but that was done awhile ago in what people called 'The Tree Update"

Edited by XeV

Just now, XeV said:

Ok the OTF HQ one is a STRETCH as like one of those trees are scripts places, the rest I put there from the furniture store

:nodders: Fair enough, thought more was done to it than that. I'm gonna go around trying to find more comparisons, but I don't like the "cleanup" approach to actively used properties that were bought with that exterior in mind.

3 minutes ago, AtlasOLimbo said:

:nodders: Fair enough, thought more was done to it than that. I'm gonna go around trying to find more comparisons, but I don't like the "cleanup" approach to actively used properties that were bought with that exterior in mind.

ya its my biggest concern in some areas, as obviously FM like to see the location you HQ in and reside in to match the lore of the group. But if we continue to change the way the city looks the areas people RP Reside in begins to not match the lore and we run into issues and conflicts

10 minutes ago, XeV said:

Ok the OTF HQ one is a STRETCH as like one of those trees are scripts places, the rest I put there from the furniture store, but your point is not invalid. Some places should just stay or resemble how they looked previous. Not a complete overhaul change. We hate the way the southside looks as it went from 'The Hood" to a suburban old folks retirement place over night, but that was done awhile ago in what people called 'The Tree Update"

For full transparency, the leader of Underground was made aware of a potential change to Starlite on the 23rd of February and I was told that Underground may be forced out of there due to turf restrictions. Now bare in mind, this stuff was finalised and submitted for implementing on Friday. Underground apparently made their decision to stay according to Nathan Snow on the Saturday and the map has gone in today.

So, with all due respect, it's not like this has come completely out the blue, in fact I believe the Starlite Motel was on my mapping showcase from last week as well. While it's unfortunate potentially for people like AtlasOLimbo that Starlite is no longer what it was, it also added additional houses and upgraded the aesthetic to the benefit potentially of the owners of the houses there and also, those maybe wanting to move there.

The Jamestown area is a big stretch because it's just some trees and some trash removed. 

I'm sorry if some of you don't like what's been done and in some cases, we've taken steps with the upcoming revision to address some of the feedback but some of it unless a significant amount of people are unhappy, it's something you'll just have to adapt to.

I haven't seen them yet, but I like the idea of reducing junk as it often reduces rendering demands. Also reducing junk allows you to place your own junk, without junk that you can't move, in the way.

Now if we can get an increase for exterior furniture again... 😉

6 minutes ago, Xoza said:

I haven't seen them yet, but I like the idea of reducing junk as it often reduces rendering demands. Also reducing junk allows you to place your own junk, without junk that you can't move, in the way.

Now if we can get an increase for exterior furniture again... 😉

We've been told by staff we cannot place props in the courtyard. :c

Edited by AtlasOLimbo

1 hour ago, AtlasOLimbo said:

We've been told by staff we cannot place props in the courtyard. :c

Hmm.. I can see how that can be complicated, however, if you and your friends own a large majority you should be able to place furniture in that 'pie' of space you would have. True the amount of space isn't very much, but the more you own, the larger it could grow.

Real hotel practices / politics allow you personal items outside and within the confines of your wall to wall space, as long as it doesn't constitute a hazard and the hotel isn't responsible for said items.

Not saying to ignore or question staff on this but could be a discussion. I'm sure they have good reason and want to equally keep it fair to others who would own property there as well, but I do believe there should be some compromise / options. You own the property you should be able to dress it up a little to your liking, within reason. That's one of the major components of owning property. May just take some determination and negotiation, could even be IC, how many properties are there? If you and your friends owned the entire building, I'd think you'd be able to do anything with it. 🙂

Edited by Xoza

Essentially it's a shared space, it would be like putting down objects outside Eclipse Towers. Not everyone in that complex would want that around their house. That's perhaps the problem with claiming a shared location as a faction HQ in the first place. Not every property is going to be opened by that faction for obvious reasons. 

It's unfortunate that Underground has taken the decision to move, especially considering the leader's take on the changes and also, potential revisions to the area but moving also creates something new to roleplay and different opportunities for that faction.

1 hour ago, Bala said:

It's unfortunate that Underground has taken the decision to move, especially considering the leader's take on the changes and also, potential revisions to the area but moving also creates something new to roleplay and different opportunities for that faction.

Yeah, overall I absolutely adore the update. Sadly we're moving due to lore/OOC issues as well as IC issues, but I do genuinely love the update 🙂

• Like 1
  • chill 1