Melody Frey

Radio Usage While Downed

Hello! So, my suggestion is a very simple one that I'd love to see implemented and I don't believe it would take much dev work, and that would be to allow radios to be used while scriptly injured. Currently we are able to access our phone while injured and I believe accessing our radio would be much easier than our phone. I personally have always wanted to go entirely without a phone but cannot do this RP realistically as when you take into account people driving at 240, desync, and quite a few other things; the likelihood of getting injured is pretty high and a lot of the time it not even remotely your own fault. The only issue I could see this causing is potential for more gang conflict if someone is shot quickly and they call for backup, causing enemies to flood the area; but this is also something civilians and LEO's have to worry about. I'm sorry if this topic has already been discussed, the search function did not lead me to any similar threads so I decided to make one here. What are your thoughts on this?

• Like 3

You used to be able to use your radio while injured by script, but I believe this was changed because injured players made comms you’d hear in an FPS during shoot-outs.

I’d recommend allowing players to use their radio during injured state unless injury was caused by gunshots / vehicle collisions (considering that you’d have to have collided pretty aggressively if you were to be injured in a car crash by script).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

i too concur with skeletee and senior moderator alexalex303, This would just turn the radio into just esports mode.

”Pushing chop, 3 here, 1 down, im down”

” he’s looting me he’s looting me he’s looting me, 3 on my body 3 on my body, Push right push right, they have pump and ap, they’re mid”

It just makes sense to not be able to use your radio while downed for that reason.

18 hours ago, Herbo said:

”Pushing chop, 3 here, 1 down, im down”

” he’s looting me he’s looting me he’s looting me, 3 on my body 3 on my body, Push right push right, they have pump and ap, they’re mid”

It just makes sense to not be able to use your radio while downed for that reason.

i think you’re forgetting you can finish people

• Confused 1

While this could sound realistic that you'd be able to speak on the radio while injured, it doesn't really work here. Some players used to give CSGO callouts while injured in big shootouts like nothing just happened to them. I don't think there is any reason why this change should be reverted. It will cause issues. 

16 minutes ago, AtlasOLimbo said:

At the very least with /rlow it can all be logged and if reported can be punished.

It would require the "enemy" players to be on the opposing frequency because faction mates rarely report each other for a variety of reasons. In the end, it would generate reports, cause animosity and do all that for little benefit.