Payn

Underground criminal web

At the moment there a minimal ways criminals can advertise maybe things they want to sell or buy unless it by word of mouth. 

With this suggestion, using the already existing laptop in game and giving it a bigger purpose, this could give criminals a place to advertise things they are wanting to sel such as imported items stolen items and when they want to buy things because obviously you are not able to use weasel to advertise things like this. I feel this would allow for criminals to broaden their network, yet also bringing more use to the laptop in game. Obviously there would need to be some complications to using this such as pd/sd maybe need to have a way of possibly uncovering users on this service in order to give them a fair advantage of being able to prevent these activities aswell.

• Upvote 2

On 1/1/2023 at 5:17 PM, Payn said:

At the moment there a minimal ways criminals can advertise maybe things they want to sell or buy unless it by word of mouth. 

With this suggestion, using the already existing laptop in game and giving it a bigger purpose, this could give criminals a place to advertise things they are wanting to sel such as imported items stolen items and when they want to buy things because obviously you are not able to use weasel to advertise things like this. I feel this would allow for criminals to broaden their network, yet also bringing more use to the laptop in game. Obviously there would need to be some complications to using this such as pd/sd maybe need to have a way of possibly uncovering users on this service in order to give them a fair advantage of being able to prevent these activities aswell.

maybe with the option in taking that offer, with an automated message into the persons phone for them to call and meet up in person, that would be more of an RP expierence i think

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Mortem said:

+1 cold idea to add a dark web advertisement service for selling anything

maybe this could also be used for screenshots ICly especially for hood gangs around strawberry to stir up beef between gangs 

Ahh yea good idea with the screenshots and stuff!

There is absolutely no reason that crims couldn't use the IC advertisement section of the forums for illegal purposes. Unlike lifeinvader there are no rules against selling illegal things on it however obviously there might be IC repercussions if not done in a smart way.
I'm not a huge fan of making an easy to access black market as the fun of crim is the difficultly that comes with it. Making an easy to access domain with no repercussions would take a lot of the fun out of roleplaying a criminal in my opinion.

• Upvote 2

Criminals can always have an advert posted up with the news if they all rp'ed a lingo maybe that would put the attention of cops out of it. Maybe you guys should start doing it with Weazel news itself, it will be fun. You get to roleplay a lot, like if you think the guy is an undercover cop. You could always roleplay checking all his clothes for wires or any secret recording devices and endless possibilities. 

You can create a lingo first, then you're good to go. By lingo I mean, you can write up an advert saying "We're looking for lot of green tea, my mom loves it!" Green tea could be plant, could be weed. You can also use White Sugar for crack, coca cola for cocaine. Like I said, endless possibilities. I like the idea of dark web, but if dark web is used just for lowkey adverts, then nah...

1 hour ago, MacP1e. said:

Criminals can always have an advert posted up with the news if they all rp'ed a lingo maybe that would put the attention of cops out of it. Maybe you guys should start doing it with Weazel news itself, it will be fun. You get to roleplay a lot, like if you think the guy is an undercover cop. You could always roleplay checking all his clothes for wires or any secret recording devices and endless possibilities. 

You can create a lingo first, then you're good to go. By lingo I mean, you can write up an advert saying "We're looking for lot of green tea, my mom loves it!" Green tea could be plant, could be weed. You can also use White Sugar for crack, coca cola for cocaine. Like I said, endless possibilities. I like the idea of dark web, but if dark web is used just for lowkey adverts, then nah...

doesn't make sense for Weazel, a legal news faction, to be creating illegal adverts for all to see.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MacP1e. said:

dark web is used just for lowkey adverts, then nah...

It could be used for adverts, but also more, IC gang chats like an encrypted messaging service. A marketplace like lifeinvader but for drugs and equipment etc. A jobs section -> People can apply to work for organisations and so on

I mean the whole idea of ALL criminals using the black market to buy drugs and stuff is kinda hollywood, people buy drugs and guns on snapchat now a days, usually through a mutal friend whom they know IRL, the gangs who ACTUALLY use the blackweb supply the streets with the guns and drugs and it cerculates. regular people arent using the black web, they hit their plug up on instagram or snapchat or something. I believe this is already happening on eclipse, if you know have contacts within an official gang then you can get guns and circulate throughout the streets so regular criminals can get them. On lifeinvader, just like instagram and snapchat, it's against the TOS on these social media platforms to sell these kind of stuff, but people do it anyway, they just have to be smart with it, use coded words and hidden locations, if they get caught, then that's on them.

10 hours ago, Freclan said:

doesn't make sense for Weazel, a legal news faction, to be creating illegal adverts for all to see.

You're advertising with no illegal terms involved, how would they know if it's illegal. I mean, it's not like it's not allowed to do? It's just your risk, but we can pretty much still do it.

I think this would make it extremely easy to find customers vs how it is now; with great reward comes great risk; I would only +1 something like this if LEO's were allow to access and able to set up sting operations. It could be a cop/it could not be a cop the only way to find out would be an in person vetting; which by then it would most likely be too late. 

1 hour ago, Carl Vespucci said:

I think this would make it extremely easy to find customers vs how it is now; with great reward comes great risk; I would only +1 something like this if LEO's were allow to access and able to set up sting operations. It could be a cop/it could not be a cop the only way to find out would be an in person vetting; which by then it would most likely be too late. 

Id agree with this, but with a limitation of maybe IC restriction of only detective/SIB would be allowed to do this but yea a sting operation for this kind of thing would be really good rp

On 4/26/2023 at 1:05 PM, Pakayoko said:

We have seen darkweb concepts elsewhere and it really rarely actually improves criminal RP, most of the time it just controbutes to lowrp scenarios.

In my mind I feel like it would give rise to new opportunities that wasn't there before. Not much you can do between buying and selling but once it went good or bad can bounce a lot of content out of the situation. Like a revenge story or a story of getting what you need to complete X.