Mickeyyy

Metagaming

On my days of working long hours and such I like to make my way over to the report forums to see what new stuff has shown up. From what I have noticed and you will see it currently. Is that you will see the same name 3-6 times on the same page filing reports. It literally looks like they are reporting everything encounter they have against people they do not like. This seriously should be looked at as a form of metagaming. Especially when those players are seeking out the people, having RP encounters with them, and then reporting them. Trying to get the people they dont like banned instead of RP attempting to push them out. It seriously is metagaming and should be treated as such. I could go into specifics but I will leave it generalized to prevent drama. All you have to do is look at the report forums, then at the person reporting then the usual suspects he is reporting. That is all. I hope the admins can see my point.

Edited by mickeytoolin

Any player can make as many reports as he wants. If they are trying to put blame on you and just trying to get u banned (which I belive is also very true due to how many reports they are making with weird and old evidence) staff will archive and reject the report. In case staff will find that you really broke rules they will look further into the report.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

You can report as many times as you want, if you see or think rules were broken. Thats why we have report feature. And staff will decide to accept or reject reports. also i see why you pointing this out. You were punished like few times this week, it is not good, but punishments and reports stops people for breaking server rules

I have only ever been punished once. From a video saying I death matched when I fired zero rounds and was injured in the end. But I am not talking on a personal level this is on a server level. At any point in time there is a forum warrior that non stop makes reports with every altercation that is had. Its obvious when on the front page they have 6 ongoing posts alone towards the same people. The gangs have shootouts with PD every day with admins involved with hardly any reports forthcoming. But these certain groups of people don't like the outcome of stuff so they report, resulting in people spending more time on forums defending themselves against bogus reports. I am a full supporter of the punishment report system, WHEN its not abused like it is being. It is so obvious that certain people are abusing it and even the admins have told us "oh we know when they are bogus reports" when they do something against these people that are spamming them to try and oocly metagame situations from 3-8 days ago to effect their future gameplay. 

I mean if a certain person has a high volume of baseless/just plain wrong reports something should probably be done.  Probably the main thing I don't like about the current report system is how much of an argument they are instead of a report.  Players should not be fighting each other on a public front like that.  It seems like, in the current system, admins/moderators are more observers that eventually pass judgement rather than mediators which should not be the case.  Reports sub-forum is currently just where to go if you want to read some drama.  It's an archaic system that I've never been a fan of in any community because it just further encourages enmity.  Where previously one party perceived to be wronged, correct or not, in a situation, a public pissing contest makes both parties feel wronged.

Not to mention it creates a bloat for staff to read through.  It's inefficient on top of what I stated previously.  Evidence should be presented privately, and if deemed correct a sanction made.  If questions are raised, they should be directed to the player(s) privately.  If the issue is transparency, a simple "this is why this report wasn't accepted" may be presented.  That much is already done.

tl;dr should probably punish those with a high volume of baseless reports.  Current report system is also just plain inefficient and creates additional friction between players.

Edited by Taedolf
  • Upvote 1

We have so many interaction that involves criminal activity that's why we are reporting if we find that the guy just doesn't care at that point. We have a lot more clips where people are braking server-rules, but we aren't using them, because they apologize to us and promise next to be better at that. For example today a few guys from Shadow cartel broke vdm on us, we had that on clip, they apologized spoke with their leaders about this situation OOC'ly and we move on without a need to report them, because I know they will not do same mistake twice. But whenever the guy is braking same rule over and over again it gets old real quick and it just has to be done.

I 100% agree with you but that same mentality is not used throughout the community. I am talking on the people that are seeking out certain people then reporting them after every altercation between them and the other party. If it was me and I encountered someone that was breaking the rules I wouldn't keep seeking them out in game purposely initiating RP with them. Its so obvious to see when this is happening. I am not talking on the RDM and VDM that happens cause those are usually cut and dry you know? Its the needless reports that are only being used for slanderous purposes to try and take out the competition through ooc means and it should be treated as a form of meta gaming. I encounter rule breaking on a decently regular basis but I do not care enough to make reports because 1, the report thread is to intoxicated with bogus reports that have sinister intentions rather than upstanding intentions and the mods are busy enough, 2, 75% of the time the incident was an accident and the player(s) did not intend to rule break. 3, I would rather spend my time actually playing the game rather than being a forum warrior. Because at the end of the day this is literally just a video game, people take it too seriously and spend hours and hours on forums trying to get people banned. Which in turn makes the people being reported have to spend copious amounts of time on forums defending themselves against bogus reports, if they are even notified at all. Like in my report it was active for 8 days and the ONLY time i was notified was when I was banned for 48 hours. Never was I given a chance to defend myself. Players that seek RP with enemy with the intentions of making a cookie cutter report to try and get the enemy banned are the scum of this server. You can literally go to the report thread and look at the names of the thread creators and see what I mean. 5+ of the same name, literally starting to title the thread with a name of the organisation and not the offenders and in the thread bringing up official status which has nothing to do with the thread at all. I am not making this post as a disgruntled member of  a popular gang, I am making it as a concerned player as this should be bothersome to every play that calls ECRP home. It could happen to any of us, and it should be dealt with properly. ONLY USE THE REPORT FORUMS FOR LEGITIMATE REPORTS WITH THE PURPOSE OF DEFENDING THE INTEGRITY OF THE SERVER AND ITS PLAYERS, not for someones greedy intentions.

Edited by mickeytoolin

Also I think there should be a 24 hour time limit or something for reports for them to be valid. Too many people sit on evidence and wait and wait then get pissed off once and upload all this stuff like 5+days after. like why what that long? no intentions of bettering the server.

1 hour ago, mickeytoolin said:

Also I think there should be a 24 hour time limit or something for reports for them to be valid. Too many people sit on evidence and wait and wait then get pissed off once and upload all this stuff like 5+days after. like why what that long? no intentions of bettering the server.

Hard pass on 24 hours.  Something like a week would be better to ensure people actually REMEMBER the situations they're being reported for while allowing people time to make a report if they're busy.  Not to mention keeping a backlog of recordings for over a month would be rather annoying to say the least to be sure you have a recording of a situation if you end up reported for it.

6 minutes ago, mickeytoolin said:

My meaning behind this is because the situations like mine where I was never informed i was reported so the week cut off wouldnt matter anyway

I'm confused why you even mentioned a 24 hour cutoff then, because in situations like that if you weren't notified to defend yourself for one reason or another then it wouldn't matter to begin with.  Unless I'm missing some point you're trying to raise here for a time-limit cutoff on evidence.