zooke1

Carwash Freelance job / Cars getting dirty

Hello everyone! 

So, first of all, I believe that I'm speaking on behalf of everyone when I say that the car wash prices are very unrealistic and nobody washes their car currently, this feature bringing 0 roleplay.

What I would like to see is the Strawberry Carwash being used as a freelance job, making the price a realistic one ( around 500$ considering the server economy ) and the workers keeping a part of that sum + an hourly wage, just like Burger Shot and make it similar to the tollbooth, if the workers leave the area, they stop working and allow players to wash the cars even if there is no worker present, just like automatic repairs.

Another problem on the same topic is cars getting filthy after only driving them for a few kilometers. When I bought one of the new cars, I drove from DCC to Paleto and the car was already dirty when I arrived ( not the maximum amount of dirt but it was very visible ) I do not think that is properly set up, it should be at least a bit more forgiving.

But anyway, please keep in mind that a big part of this community revolves around the car scene, as there are many car lovers among us and this would only make everyone happier + bring new ways to interact with people.

( I am not sure if this was suggested in the past, after a quick search, I could only find a post from 2019 so I'm sorry if it was brought up recently ) 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Brody King said:

+1 Owning a car wash IC'ly and not being able to wash a car really limits every aspect of RP for owning a car wash.  🤡

Exactly! You don't require any type of special skill to clean a car! So it doesn't make sense! Would be awesome to see some player owned car washes and allow them to work in a similar way the chopshops work right now, with a toolchest and certain object like rags, soap, etc. It's definitely something people look forward to and I think that it's worth a try from the development team!

• Like 1

I went out of my way to sign up for this exact reason. I wouldn't have an issue with the price at all if your car would stay clean for way longer instead of 10 mins. Either a freelance job with properly adjusted prices i.e. 100 bucks for a wash OR have the car stay clean for way longer. An idea for it could be something like a wash and a wax or something like that. And it could last like an hour or 2 instead of 10 mins.

1 minute ago, zooke1 said:

player owned car washes and allow them to work in a similar way the chopshops work right now, with a toolchest and certain object like rags, soap, etc. It's definitely something people look forward to and I think that it's worth a try from the development team!

Amazing idea! This could be something that legal factions could provide, like burnout who does a lot with cars. Simple car wash items like a rag and soap could be bought from a store but you would need to talk to a legal faction, LSC, Bayview, Burnout, or even the LSMC and buy a pressure washer first for them to work. 

Say a rag and soap takes 10 minutes to clean your car, kind of like taking a tool chest down, but if you buy the pressure washer the time is cut in half.

Yeah, make all players be able to clean cars it's even spicier. Buy soap and wax for example ( 10.000$ as an example ) and have them last for 25-50 car washes, that way a player can buy a van and invest into the tools needed to wash a car, even a business license! Then just clean cars and get paid for it, there are many ways to do this, way better than the current setup.

Epic Idea, makes alot of sense and with the addition of roadwork and burger shot in my opinion, i think a car wash with hourly pay and etc sounds like a good new feature/freelance and a dependant job that people will spend time on because of the hourly pay. This also creates more better RP scenariouse, instead of going to a mechanic and paying half ur wallet on a simple car wash.  +1

Edited by John Nut