deadeyedraw

Give us criminals some balance

2 hours ago, Valor said:

As one of the shinobis in this pursuit, our shinobi's are not maxed, you almost lost us multiple times, you didn't lose us because the helicopter stayed on you because you didn't hide under highways, or go through tunnels like you could have, I would say we lose pursuits against shinobi's probably 70% of the time at-least.

Which takes me back to where I said, "You go on straights to lose the shinobis, tuff shit the shinobis are still on you, you go under bridges to lose the heli tuff shit, the shinobis are on you." and im not sure why your bringing up the fact the shinobis arent maxed the shinobi is still crazy stock.

2 hours ago, ComradeCorbyn said:

I'm not sure what idea you have of RP to where you think that a multi-million dollar police department SHOULD be balanced with any random criminal organization.

because at the end of the day its a fucking videogame, you can talk to almost any crim who has quit the server and I can almost guarantee you that the absurdly over powered police will be one of the main reasons. 

2 hours ago, ComradeCorbyn said:

Do you think it's realistic for any old criminal organization to be driving around Issi Sports, Paragons, Shinobis, BF400s, Manchez Scouts, Patriot milspecs, elegy retro customs, sultan classics, and on and on?

I feel the difference between the crim and pd thing is crims have to save up their money, buy the car, buy repairs, buy gas, buy guns, buy armor. Police dont have to pay for a single thing, Popped tired? theyll go over to MRPD and spawn a new one, less than 75% gas? ill go spawn a new car! Theres a man with a gun behind this corner? Thats fine I have 150 ap and a carbine while  thatd be stupid to push, if I die ill just respawn and spawn it back in, if I lose some armor ill just go back to my car and grab another 150k armor for free. which leads back to main post, pd and crim is unbalanced. 

29 minutes ago, AnakinB said:

Which takes me back to where I said, "You go on straights to lose the shinobis, tuff shit the shinobis are still on you, you go under bridges to lose the heli tuff shit, the shinobis are on you." and im not sure why your bringing up the fact the shinobis arent maxed the shinobi is still crazy stock.

because at the end of the day its a fucking videogame, you can talk to almost any crim who has quit the server and I can almost guarantee you that the absurdly over powered police will be one of the main reasons. 

I feel the difference between the crim and pd thing is crims have to save up their money, buy the car, buy repairs, buy gas, buy guns, buy armor. Police dont have to pay for a single thing, Popped tired? theyll go over to MRPD and spawn a new one, less than 75% gas? ill go spawn a new car! Theres a man with a gun behind this corner? Thats fine I have 150 ap and a carbine while  thatd be stupid to push, if I die ill just respawn and spawn it back in, if I lose some armor ill just go back to my car and grab another 150k armor for free. which leads back to main post, pd and crim is unbalanced. 

You are talking about a roleplay server as if it is a MMO, which I find ridiculous. If you want to play in an environment that values balance between factions over realistic relationships between organizations then I don't think you will see the changes you would like implemented.

The problem aint that PD is overpowered, problem is that Crims most of the time are being denied to RP out of the situation and most fake believe that you can get "make and IA" report, but you won't get your OOC time back from sitting in prison or any kind of compensation.

The gun/armor free spawning is also the main problem, saw a video today of a cop from ECRP, he dropped gun and a tazer in a RP situation and then just ran towards his bike and did /me grabs new gun and a tazer. Would be cool if pd would have scripted in budged so every time they spawn something, they actually think, becouse it will deduct from the monthly budged.

On 7/26/2022 at 10:33 PM, ComradeCorbyn said:

You are talking about a roleplay server as if it is a MMO, which I find ridiculous. If you want to play in an environment that values balance between factions over realistic relationships between organizations then I don't think you will see the changes you would like implemented.

Ok. Let's throw balance out of the window and focus on the smoothness of gameplay. it is unrealistic to not be able to shoot while in a stopped car.

29 minutes ago, deadeyedraw said:

Ok. Let's throw balance out of the window and focus on the smoothness of gameplay. it is unrealistic to not be able to shoot while in a stopped car.

I agree! You should be able to shoot out of a stopped car. Whatever else you were saying about DM rights and when you can shoot out of a stopped car yeah I have no comment on any of that.

if PD wanna roll around with heavy weaponry, kevlar and all of this gear they carry, I feel as if the ordinary criminal with only a pistol should be able to outrun a police officer in in an on foot chase, due to the weight of all the equipment on their character. And to being pulled over for doing 100 in an 80 zone just to have evade and have 8 fucking cruisers with a helicopter chasing one vehicle (bare in mind EVERY SINGLE officer will be carrying at least a shotgun with full kevlar ) so if we mess up and stall and have to get out and shoot to try and get away on foot you'll just get mowed down by 5 different assault rifles and 3 different shotguns, just to be taken to MD and then get fucked with fines and jail time.

I feel like not every single PD officer should be carrying heavy weaponry and especially not the patrol unit because sometimes its fucking ridiculous.

I understand PD should have an advantage but the advantage they currently have, being a criminal is so useless and if you are to try and become legal, it'll most likely be impossible due to the previous charges you'd have. 

Overall, I think PD should have a limited amount of heavy weaponry and have a limited amount of kevlar, I don't think PD should be rolling around with a shotgun equipped and heavy kevlar at all times, for serious crimes, yeah sure; like a gang shooting, or a hostage situation. But for a traffic stop to an evading suspect? Not really fair imo.

See how his tazer and gun was taken and all he had to do was run to his bike and RP'ly grab another tazer and gun with no issue, just to take it from his faction loadout. This is stupid and shows how no one gives a fuck because all they have to do is just get another set and continue on with their shifts, rather than reporting the equipment missing, this officer carries on with his stuff and tries to find that same guy.

I strongly believe an update should be added as to where if a police officer is killed, he shouldn't be able to go on duty for X amount of time, as an RP'ly way to recover from their injuries and if their gun is stolen or they're taken hostage, your ordinary officer wouldn't just continue with their shift; absolutely not; they'd most likely be traumatized knowing that at any point they could've lost their life and that trigger could've been pulled just because the criminal " felt like it.

Edited by zaythademon
  • Like 1

While I am not opposed to the idea of a driver being able to wield a gun there's a few things that I'd like to mention regarding it:

1, How hard are we going to cry when desync shows a gun in your hand for the cop while you didn't choose to have one? Perfect example is when people have one in their inventory and it still shows for people as having it on their hip. As an ex-cop, don't even know how many people I've had to deal with complaining that ''I DON'T SEE IT!''. 

2. When a traffic stop is initiated (including a 10-66/felony stop) police do not have the right to shoot at you if you try to evade. Now, lets look at it if you are suddenly able to fire shots at a cop coming up to your window, they have a backup (As they will certainly always call backup for traffic stops knowing you can shoot if you want) this means that as soon as you fire a shot, now every cop is able to use lethal force -- take your tires and take you out as you just attempted to murder a cop. Is that really what you want? 

On 8/27/2022 at 10:04 PM, zaygmto said:

if PD wanna roll around with heavy weaponry, kevlar and all of this gear they carry, I feel as if the ordinary criminal with only a pistol should be able to outrun a police officer in in an on foot chase, due to the weight of all the equipment on their character. And to being pulled over for doing 100 in an 80 zone just to have evade and have 8 fucking cruisers with a helicopter chasing one vehicle (bare in mind EVERY SINGLE officer will be carrying at least a shotgun with full kevlar ) so if we mess up and stall and have to get out and shoot to try and get away on foot you'll just get mowed down by 5 different assault rifles and 3 different shotguns, just to be taken to MD and then get fucked with fines and jail time.

I feel like not every single PD officer should be carrying heavy weaponry and especially not the patrol unit because sometimes its fucking ridiculous.

I understand PD should have an advantage but the advantage they currently have, being a criminal is so useless and if you are to try and become legal, it'll most likely be impossible due to the previous charges you'd have. 

Overall, I think PD should have a limited amount of heavy weaponry and have a limited amount of kevlar, I don't think PD should be rolling around with a shotgun equipped and heavy kevlar at all times, for serious crimes, yeah sure; like a gang shooting, or a hostage situation. But for a traffic stop to an evading suspect? Not really fair imo.

See how his tazer and gun was taken and all he had to do was run to his bike and RP'ly grab another tazer and gun with no issue, just to take it from his faction loadout. This is stupid and shows how no one gives a fuck because all they have to do is just get another set and continue on with their shifts, rather than reporting the equipment missing, this officer carries on with his stuff and tries to find that same guy.

I strongly believe an update should be added as to where if a police officer is killed, he shouldn't be able to go on duty for X amount of time, as an RP'ly way to recover from their injuries and if their gun is stolen or they're taken hostage, your ordinary officer wouldn't just continue with their shift; absolutely not; they'd most likely be traumatized knowing that at any point they could've lost their life and that trigger could've been pulled just because the criminal " felt like it.

To add to this, while your suggestion about equipment is correct, maybe going to the station for new equipment and making a bigger deal out of losing equipment is a good idea, I do not at all agree with not being allowed on duty for X time if you die. They already cannot re-join the situation but if cops had time restraints enforced about going on duty it'd become so difficult. Firstly, because who'll keep track of who can come back and who has to stay off duty? Are we just trusting that if a rule says ''Can't go on duty for 3 hours'' that they won't?

As well as that, if a gang has say 10-15 members online, while only 10 cops are on duty. Does that mean that the gangs can start doing stuff that will force Cops to respond, then the gang starts shooting to kill because with enough dead cops the gang will have nobody to oppose them due to time restraints of not being able to return on duty for X time.

Edited by Boasy

Tbh I kind of half agree and half don’t

We should have SOME way to be on the offensive if we have a warrant and are pulled over, but if you shoot them it’s only going to make your warrant worse.

And as a bunch of people are saying, the police do have advantages that we don’t but some of those are stupidly OP. I was in my fair share of police chases when I was a crim and not once had me nor my responding friends escaped. It kind of gets annoying and makes you not want to do Crim RP when you have half the online officers chasing after you just because you have too many tickets and are not willing to go in. Another thing about the numbers: I’ve also been on my fist share of traffic stops and not ONCE, NOT ONCE SINCE I JOINED IN JUNE has there been only 1 unit on a stop. Every single stop gets backup, even if it’s just for broken lights, I find that ridiculous, backup should not need to be brought to a stop unless something like threats coming from that vehicle or something more serious happened. All of this has kept me from doing anything more criminal related, gets exhausting to lose a $100,000+ load out because of overpowered police

But on the police side of things, you have criminals who use the fastest cars they can so they have the best chance to escape, even if it makes no sense for them to use it, they have friends who shoot from the passengers seat a lot, and they pull ridiculous moves just to try and avoid the police.

Honestly I don’t see anything changing to help balance the police nor DOC, everything is always shut down, even when there’s good ideas put on the table, but I’ve just gotten used to it by now.

On 7/25/2022 at 11:43 PM, deadeyedraw said:

My biggest complaint is how the cops are

Sorry for not reading your topic before replying but when you make threads and you claim that  your biggest complaint is how the cops are and not how the development for criminal content has zero progress for over a year (drug update), then nothing will change in this server.

• Like 1

On 7/26/2022 at 7:45 AM, AnakinB said:

#just got into a 30 minute chase where it was 2 shinobis 1 helicopter 1 highspeed and like 3 cruisers, I honestly don't see how people can say the PD vs crim aspect of this server is balanced. There is no losing 2 shinobis, 1 helicopter, 1 highspeed, and 3 cruisers. Thats not something you lose. You go underground or under bridges for the helicopter? tuff shit the 2 shinobis are still on you you go on straights so u can lose the shinobis? tuff shit 2 shinobis still on you. plus now that your faster than my shinobis im gonna get a highspeed! in all honesty, it makes the server so unbearable to play criminal as its not enjoyable partaking in roleplay illegally with cops. I get the whole governent funding thing but bro government funding is not maintaining or even buying 2 shinobis @ 400k stock, 1 helicopter at (4-5 mil? probably for sure atleast 1 million its a helicopter) the stock price of any of the highspeed, and the 400k scouts thats just not realistic in the slightest man.

thats just a skill issue, theres nothing stopping you getting a bike setup, which means the bikes arent on you and you've got a solid 2 minuets to lose the helicopter if you do it right. 

16 hours ago, AbsoluteBadonkers said:

Tbh I kind of half agree and half don’t

We should have SOME way to be on the offensive if we have a warrant and are pulled over, but if you shoot them it’s only going to make your warrant worse.

And as a bunch of people are saying, the police do have advantages that we don’t but some of those are stupidly OP. I was in my fair share of police chases when I was a crim and not once had me nor my responding friends escaped. It kind of gets annoying and makes you not want to do Crim RP when you have half the online officers chasing after you just because you have too many tickets and are not willing to go in. Another thing about the numbers: I’ve also been on my fist share of traffic stops and not ONCE, NOT ONCE SINCE I JOINED IN JUNE has there been only 1 unit on a stop. Every single stop gets backup, even if it’s just for broken lights, I find that ridiculous, backup should not need to be brought to a stop unless something like threats coming from that vehicle or something more serious happened. All of this has kept me from doing anything more criminal related, gets exhausting to lose a $100,000+ load out because of overpowered police

But on the police side of things, you have criminals who use the fastest cars they can so they have the best chance to escape, even if it makes no sense for them to use it, they have friends who shoot from the passengers seat a lot, and they pull ridiculous moves just to try and avoid the police.

Honestly I don’t see anything changing to help balance the police nor DOC, everything is always shut down, even when there’s good ideas put on the table, but I’ve just gotten used to it by now.

No disrespect, but this sounds like a skill issue. You would be suprised to see the number of chases PD loses and how many get away. Some days, PD catches less than half of the people that evade easily. If you haven't been able to evade a single time, then you are either need some practice driving, or need to change up your tactics. 

As far as your comment on the traffic stops, I can assure you that the majority of the traffic stops PD does are without backup. The primary reason you probably never have a traffic stop without backup showing up is because you evade constantly or are gang affiliated. Most officers call for backup for a reason, not just arbitrarily. More often than not, that reason is because the person is either dangerous, or 9 times out of 10, they evade from us, and we know it.

29 minutes ago, Bill Breacher said:

No disrespect, but this sounds like a skill issue. You would be suprised to see the number of chases PD loses and how many get away. Some days, PD catches less than half of the people that evade easily. If you haven't been able to evade a single time, then you are either need some practice driving, or need to change up your tactics. 

As far as your comment on the traffic stops, I can assure you that the majority of the traffic stops PD does are without backup. The primary reason you probably never have a traffic stop without backup showing up is because you evade constantly or are gang affiliated. Most officers call for backup for a reason, not just arbitrarily. More often than not, that reason is because the person is either dangerous, or 9 times out of 10, they evade from us, and we know it.

One thing I see PD doing way more than SD, is shooting tires for no reason other than "they're endangering the public" if thats the case shoot every bob in a police scout on the wrong side of the road too. PD shooting tires when no hostility has been shown IMO is just bullshit, it takes the fun out of the game and I only see it happen when its a set few PD command that are in charge. If you are in a position to look into this please do. But if its genuinely allowed then also look into it for me!!!! 🙂

1 hour ago, Bill Breacher said:

No disrespect, but this sounds like a skill issue. You would be suprised to see the number of chases PD loses and how many get away. Some days, PD catches less than half of the people that evade easily. If you haven't been able to evade a single time, then you are either need some practice driving

That’s the problem though, they send out high speed units for a car that isn’t even that fast, the police have access to whatever units they want and they seem to abuse it. There shouldn’t be multiple bike units after a guy who can’t even pull away from car units.

1 hour ago, Bill Breacher said:

The last time I evaded the police was months ago. I haven’t done anything illegal since, and I’m not affiliated with a gang, I’m actually part of a legal crew now. Also notice how I tried my best to be fair on the police side of things as well knowing what I do. Crims using cars they shouldn’t, having passengers shoot, pulling stupid or straight hilarious moves just to get away, etc. I don’t know much but I do know that both sides do things they shouldn’t.

2 hours ago, hrxvey said:

One thing I see PD doing way more than SD, is shooting tires for no reason other than "they're endangering the public" if thats the case shoot every bob in a police scout on the wrong side of the road too. PD shooting tires when no hostility has been shown IMO is just bullshit, it takes the fun out of the game and I only see it happen when its a set few PD command that are in charge. If you are in a position to look into this please do. But if its genuinely allowed then also look into it for me!!!! 🙂

I personally never see this happen. The only time PD is allowed to take tires is when the person being chased is running people over, shooting at them, or leading cops into ambushes to be shot. Even then, shooting is only authorized if a supervisor gives permission to do so. If someone is shooting for no reason, it would be a breach of IC and OOC rules. IC, its a breach of dept policy and they should be IA reported. OOC, it would potentially be a breach of DM rights.

1 hour ago, AbsoluteBadonkers said:

That’s the problem though, they send out high speed units for a car that isn’t even that fast, the police have access to whatever units they want and they seem to abuse it. There shouldn’t be multiple bike units after a guy who can’t even pull away from car units.

A high speed vehicle is only allowed to be deployed if the person being chased is using a high speed vehicle.  We have a specific list of vehicles that high speed is allowed to be deployed for, and if its not on that list, LEOs can't use it. Also, high speed car is limited to only one per chase. Bike is limited to only 2. And usually, if we are in a joint chase with SD for example in the city, PD will not deploy high speed vehicles if SD already has them out in use. (Both due to protocol and for fairness) Also, a high speed car is to be used on a car chase. Bikes are not supposed to be used on a car chase for the safety of the officers ICly and per dept policy. 

Edited by Bill Breacher

9 minutes ago, Bill Breacher said:

Bikes are not supposed to be used on a car chase for the safety of the officers ICly and per dept policy

but say this does happen, theres nothing you can do in game or ooc'ly to prevent it happening in the future. its happened to me numerous times before

2 hours ago, Bill Breacher said:

A high speed vehicle is only allowed to be deployed if the person being chased is using a high speed vehicle.  We have a specific list of vehicles that high speed is allowed to be deployed for, and if its not on that list, LEOs can't use it. Also, high speed car is limited to only one per chase. Bike is limited to only 2. And usually, if we are in a joint chase with SD for example in the city, PD will not deploy high speed vehicles if SD already has them out in use. (Both due to protocol and for fairness) Also, a high speed car is to be used on a car chase. Bikes are not supposed to be used on a car chase for the safety of the officers ICly and per dept policy.

Even if they’re using a high speed vehicle, if they can’t pull away from the first responding officers they shouldn’t need to be brought into the pursuit, it’s a waste of resources tbh. Once they have the ability to, police will use any and everything they can to win. “We can use a heli now? SEND IT IN. Oh, boys I’ve just been informed that we now have the ability to call in a high speed unit, GET’EM OUT HERE”

Nothing is the result of escalation, resources are used when they’re put out. I get that the police are more funded than criminals, but here they’re too overpowered

There’s Overpowered

Then there’s TOO overpowered

They’re currently on the line of Too overpowered

If you need a helicopter unit and 4 additional ground units because of an ATM ROBBERY I think you should reconsider the situation, does that really seem fair to the person who is hitting it? True story btw. I was hitting an ATM. Cop pulls up, I stop, round the corner on foot to find 3 other ground units, and a heli waiting for me, that is the definition of excessive. But like I said, I don’t see the police changing any time soon, every time a suggestion is thrown onto the table the admins and other officers always throw it out the window onto a hot pile of garbage with the others, usually saying “We have it like that for a reason, seems like a skill issue” “You just need to evade better” “Criminals aren’t part of a government funded organization of course we’re going to have higher powered and better equipment.

The police winning a lot wouldn’t be so bad if the economy wasn’t fucked. It would take hours, maybe days of grinding for money to get all the stuff back you lost to excessive use of units on the police side. That’s what throws a lot of people off, just to buy a damn sandwich is a few hundred dollars, the lowest gas price is $10/gal, a car like the karuma isn’t very fast considering it’s $130000, a lot of people don’t have homes because the lowest price is $100,000+, which takes a hell of a lot of freelance work to get. In the nearly half a year I’ve been in the server, I have yet to own a house because freelance work just doesn’t pay much. Jobs like trucking have automation for orders now yes but it isn’t great when there’s too many people working that. Roadwork is kinda dead now, I rarely see people working that. PostOp doesn’t really pay shit for your time. Coroner still isn’t worth it. Only thing I’d say is worth it is Lumberjacking but even then you need to have a lot of storage for it to be decent.

Shit won’t change though, you just have to adapt to it and get over it.

Edited by AbsoluteBadonkers