Melody Frey

Faction Loadout Inventory Change and RP Effects

Meh +1 with a trial period, change things during 1 month, see how it works out in combination with HEAVY IC charges for people found with police equipment and go from there. We can all speculate about how things might turn out, why not just give it a go, seems like a fairly innocent change that in all honesty any other RP server has in place.

I would also recommend making armoury /fl clothing items only. And having a single point in the armoury of Mission Row where weapons can be retrieved, these weapons should also be actual items that are then placed inside the cruiser inventory by Officers, instead of the usual RP to retrieve weapon, /fl to take out weapon. This way the only RP that needs to be done is getting the initial gun out of the armoury when someone heads on shift, using the existing inventory system to withdraw/holster weapons.

As for the argument of people going out and killing cops for gear, surely this would be covered other non-RP and thus punishable according to server rules.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Cyrus Raven said:

As for the argument of people going out and killing cops for gear, surely this would be covered other non-RP and thus punishable according to server rules.

Yes exactly! and even if its not making a rule that says "Hey man, dont go and hunt cops for their guns" is pretty straight forward 

On 7/3/2022 at 6:21 AM, Frezas said:

Hello, I am going to share my opinion/experience here.

I have been playing PD/SD character for 2 years now, and I can tell one thing. If implemented people are going to go after us, we have multiple situations every day when people just try to kill us. If you knew how many times a new player when arriving at the scene tries to stab officers you would be surprised, and image that player now gets a gun from us because stabbing most of the time kills you instantly. You will get a rogue new player with shotgun and pistol in his hands. And this is not against new players, this week so far I had two incidents with known players trying to kill me for nothing that would make RP sense. To share another experience this week, we had a person who baited us all the time (literally baited) and tried to go immediately up the mountain and towards the drug location (most likely an ambush), player tried this whole day, I think initiated 7 pursuits of this kind. So, I can imagine what would he do if he knew that he can get a gun from us.... Plus, LEO would not go out of the station during morning hours when we get most of the shootouts due to gangs being active, and we get into fights 15v2. 

I know I shared a lot here, but it's just to understand our point of view. 

Respectfully, 

With your comment about 15v2 and being outnumbered, what if a rule/script or type of stealing a gun from a cop priority cooldown or like "You can only steal a gun off a police officer between hours where theres 200+ people online" or something like that

3 minutes ago, Hassan_Readick said:

With your comment about 15v2 and being outnumbered, what if a rule/script or type of stealing a gun from a cop priority cooldown or like "You can only steal a gun off a police officer between hours where theres 200+ people online" or something like that

If this was implemented as a script then yeah it would be better, but rules, rules do not matter when gangs come across cops, we always see breaches every day, so script would be wiser thing to do. But main problem is with hunting, yesterday we had a guy trying to hunt/bait us multiple times again even if it is non-rp, people would be still doing that and causing problems. I do not want to respond to calls with a shotgun drawn because of fear of being hunted down. 

4 hours ago, isBrainDed said:

Because there is no reward.... As soon as you make it a reward to hunt cops it will happen. 

Not to mention, its not hard to escalate something on Eclipse to give you valid reason go rob or attack someone.

It might, but then those people will be promptly banned, no?

• Like 1

This has been suggested before and was decided to not be implemented, find the reasoning below. Locked & Archived.

On 12/15/2020 at 4:49 PM, FatherOsborn said:

Hello, I will go ahead and archive this. I previously posted on this thread a while back explaining why this will not be implemented. We do not find it realistic to make officers a target for robberies, which will happen - and while a rule can be created to try and tackle this, it will create unnecessary time drain for staff members who have to investigate the validity of such an event when they would (should) be extremely rare. But we know how much everyone loves their guns on the server, and a cop with access to heavy weapons = free and easy access to heavy weapons.

It's not common, in fact, I can't cite any sources of officers being targeted for robberies in real life - cops being murdered and ambushed happens obviously, but once that happens, the perpetrator(s) usually leave the area. 

thank you for the suggestion!

- osborn.