KimeyBear101

Gunstore update!

I believe it would be beneficial for store to not be allowed to sell guns you don't have a license for. This would help the newer players who don't understand the difference, so they don't get charged before they start. 

For example, 

kBzIKnm.png

My character is licensed for Pistol .50 and Combat Pistol. This would mean if I go to the store, I would only be able to buy those guns I am licensed for. So, if I tried to buy an SnS pistol, it would come up with some sort of message saying: 

"You are not licensed for this type of weapon"

• Upvote 8

-1 @KimeyBear101i think your suggestion as a whole is amazing but it being rolled out would be a logistical nightmare and most likely need a whole change to the way that firearms license is done as the way I remember it working was that the comments section for the approval is typed and not a check box. This it would need to force pd to repudiate everyone just so that there license would be useable at a gun store.  

if I am wrong about how the approval comments work and they are just check boxes that I think this would be an easy addition and should be added

8 minutes ago, IAmTurtle said:

-1 @KimeyBear101i think your suggestion as a whole is amazing but it being rolled out would be a logistical nightmare and most likely need a whole change to the way that firearms license is done as the way I remember it working was that the comments section for the approval is typed and not a check box.

Logistical nightmare? All that would need to be done is a script added to stop people from buy a gun they aren't licensed for. Police input what guns you can have which then automatically come up on your license. I am not very tech savvy, but am pretty sure there could be a script added that would read what's on your license and then just confirm if you could buy it?? 

Realistically if you went into a store, you wouldn't be able to buy a gun without having a license for that gun. So, just added the script to legit stop them buying it scriptly would help a lot of players who don't understand the guns.

I don't know what benefit it serves to not have something like this implemented. 

Edited by KimeyBear101

On 6/17/2022 at 10:44 PM, IAmTurtle said:

-1 @KimeyBear101i think your suggestion as a whole is amazing but it being rolled out would be a logistical nightmare and most likely need a whole change to the way that firearms license is done as the way I remember it working was that the comments section for the approval is typed and not a check box. This it would need to force pd to repudiate everyone just so that there license would be useable at a gun store.  

As long as the approval is following a standard and not just typed as the person doing the command feels like, it can be parsed by the script.