AnthonyWilson

New Police System Ideas

I'm here to talk about some new ideas for the police. So i come from Arma 3 RP , the police system is a lot different, so i thought to bring those ideas in along with other ideas into this server.

First off i want to point out from playing in the server and from what I've heard , Police don't seem to care about their lives as much as they should be doing , they don't need to worry about guns nor armor , they don't need to worry about having their cars stolen, as in most situations where cruisers have been stolen or even a helicopter all they have to do is despawn it and spawn theirs back in. I've had it happen to me where i'm riding in a cruiser and it just despawns. It just gets the ridiculous on what the police get away with. Now i'm not saying ALL the police are corrupt or don't care about their lives, i believe having these features implemented would change how the police act , along with how they are treated , this is what causes gangs to just go after police, as they tend to make dumb choices or risks that we would never rarely do as a civilian as there would be a COST to make such a choice.

Now i wanted to suggest some ideas which would be useful for the server to make sure the police are role playing to the standards as we are , and the police should care about the decisions they make on the field , now back to the ideas:

Buying Weapons. 

Removing the ability to despawn their Vehicle. 

Having weapons for certain ranks.

Buying Weapons 

This is a big thing for the police, as i feel as us civilians have to make big choices on how we use our pistols and heavy weapons. I believe that since we have to spend good money to get our hands on these guns, why not have it the same way for the police as it was in arma 3 rp where if you wanted heavy guns you needed to be able to actually buy them but the prices would be half our price or some what like that, however you were only able to buy a certain weapon depending on your rank, which ill get into later on. I think this is the major thing that should be implemented as when we spend money on heavy guns we need to be careful as hell, if we mess up we completely miss out and lose the gun just like that, spending most likely 30k on it with 100 bullets with the way prices are like now as there are no warehouses. Whereas the police don't need to worry about it at all as they have it spawned in as we cant loot it. So if this was to come in i think we should be able to loot the police just like we can be looted this was also in arma 3 where you needed to make sure your bringing the right equipment to the right situation otherwise your giving it away to the people you are against. Honestly this should be needed cause we believe that only looting a pistol or a radio is just awful if we kill someone that has a carbine we could be able to loot that and take it as ours until it has no longer any use to us. Along with that i'm not sure how much the police carry in ammo but they should be spending the expenses that we go through just to have 100 bullets for a heavy gun but perhaps the ammo is brought down a bit more. Otherwise with the salaries they get would be spent on is cars and houses , getting guns like that doesn't just come free it should always be coming at a COST bringing those types of weaponry to the streets , and as i had mentioned we should be able to loot the police for what high tier guns they bring to the streets , it shouldn't just disappear. 

Removing The Ability To Despawn Their Vehicle 

Having this even as a command for the police to do is ridiculous, if you have your police vehicle stolen it should be dealt with the same way we have to deal with it, not just to randomly spawn your vehicle. The amount of times I've had this happen to my friends having the cruiser despawn on them while driving is dumb their was this one time with a helicopter that had happened and everyone fell out the helicopter just to fall to their death. If we have to go through having to hunt down for our cars down, the police should do the same maybe if its destroyed they don't have to wait for a timer but the fact they can just do that as a whole is ridiculous.

Having Weapons For Certain Ranks   

I'm not sure on what all the ranks are as i'm not too into the police. However as a cadet they can just start of plain with a Pistol and a taser. With an officer i believe they should have a shotgun with a pistol and possibly a smg. Then a chief should be getting a carbine rifle. Then finally swat should be getting the marksmen rifle added onto what guns they can buy from the other ranks , now im not sure whats guns they 100% have , but i'm sure they have some sort of sniper that one shots , along with that ridiculous one shot stall pistol they have , as they are swat after all this equipment they have is meant to be the heavy duty side of the police. However I've been told that police carry more than one primary gun , so it should be that they can only carry one primary and one secondary gun. otherwise it would be overpowered having the chiefs and swats with a arsenal amount of weapons constantly on them. I'm not sure what you guys have set up for the ranks but this should be implemented with the 1 primary and 1 secondary rule.                        

Edited by AnthonyWilson
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

On 10/13/2018 at 12:25 PM, AnthonyWilson said:

I'm here to talk about some new ideas for the police. So i come from Arma 3 RP , the police system is a lot different, so i thought to bring those ideas in along with other ideas into this server.

First off i want to point out from playing in the server and from what I've heard , Police don't seem to care about their lives as much as they should be doing , they don't need to worry about guns nor armor , they don't need to worry about having their cars stolen, as in most situations where cruisers have been stolen or even a helicopter all they have to do is despawn it and spawn theirs back in. I've had it happen to me where i'm riding in a cruiser and it just despawns. It just gets the ridiculous on what the police get away with. Now i'm not saying ALL the police are corrupt or don't care about their lives, i believe having these features implemented would change how the police act , along with how they are treated , this is what causes gangs to just go after police, as they tend to make dumb choices or risks that we would never rarely do as a civilian as there would be a COST to make such a choice.

Now i wanted to suggest some ideas which would be useful for the server to make sure the police are role playing to the standards as we are , and the police should care about the decisions they make on the field , now back to the ideas:

Buying Weapons. 

Removing the ability to despawn their Vehicle. 

Having weapons for certain ranks.

Buying Weapons 

This is a big thing for the police, as i feel as us civilians have to make big choices on how we use our pistols and heavy weapons. I believe that since we have to spend good money to get our hands on these guns, why not have it the same way for the police as it was in arma 3 rp where if you wanted heavy guns you needed to be able to actually buy them but the prices would be half our price or some what like that, however you were only able to buy a certain weapon depending on your rank, which ill get into later on. I think this is the major thing that should be implemented as when we spend money on heavy guns we need to be careful as hell, if we mess up we completely miss out and lose the gun just like that, spending most likely 30k on it with 100 bullets with the way prices are like now as there are no warehouses. Whereas the police don't need to worry about it at all as they have it spawned in as we cant loot it. So if this was to come in i think we should be able to loot the police just like we can be looted this was also in arma 3 where you needed to make sure your bringing the right equipment to the right situation otherwise your giving it away to the people you are against. Honestly this should be needed cause we believe that only looting a pistol or a radio is just awful if we kill someone that has a carbine we could be able to loot that and take it as ours until it has no longer any use to us. Along with that i'm not sure how much the police carry in ammo but they should be spending the expenses that we go through just to have 100 bullets for a heavy gun but perhaps the ammo is brought down a bit more. Otherwise with the salaries they get would be spent on is cars and houses , getting guns like that doesn't just come free it should always be coming at a COST bringing those types of weaponry to the streets , and as i had mentioned we should be able to loot the police for what high tier guns they bring to the streets , it shouldn't just disappear. 

Removing The Ability To Despawn Their Vehicle 

Having this even as a command for the police to do is ridiculous, if you have your police vehicle stolen it should be dealt with the same way we have to deal with it, not just to randomly spawn your vehicle. The amount of times I've had this happen to my friends having the cruiser despawn on them while driving is dumb their was this one time with a helicopter that had happened and everyone fell out the helicopter just to fall to their death. If we have to go through having to hunt down for our cars down, the police should do the same maybe if its destroyed they don't have to wait for a timer but the fact they can just do that as a whole is ridiculous.

I'm not sure on what all the ranks are as i'm not too into the police. However as a cadet they can just start of plain with a Pistol and a taser. With an officer i believe they should have a shotgun with a pistol and possibly a smg. Then a chief should be getting a carbine rifle. Then finally swat should be getting the marksmen rifle added onto what guns they can buy from the other ranks , now im not sure whats guns they 100% have , but i'm sure they have some sort of sniper that one shots , along with that ridiculous one shot stall pistol they have , as they are swat after all this equipment they have is meant to be the heavy duty side of the police. However I've been told that police carry more than one primary gun , so it should be that they can only carry one primary and one secondary gun. otherwise it would be overpowered having the chiefs and swats with a arsenal amount of weapons constantly on them. I'm not sure what you guys have set up for the ranks but this should be implemented with the 1 primary and 1 secondary rule.                        

PD are on the server to perform a function - That function is to provide a sufficient challenge for criminals and to promote clever criminal roleplay.

You shouldn't be able to rob a 24/7 with two people, pistols and expect to be able to shoot your way out of trouble with the cops. You should have to give your crimes some pre-planning and thought, i.e. lookouts, distractions, decoys, overwatch, planned getaway routes, communications etc.

PD members and criminal players shouldn't be treated the same as the PD is functional, whereas criminal roleplay is about building your own profile.

3 hours ago, DeanThompson said:

PD are on the server to perform a function - That function is to provide a sufficient challenge for criminals and to promote clever criminal roleplay.

You shouldn't be able to rob a 24/7 with two people, pistols and expect to be able to shoot your way out of trouble with the cops. You should have to give your crimes some pre-planning and thought, i.e. lookouts, distractions, decoys, overwatch, planned getaway routes, communications etc.

PD members and criminal players shouldn't be treated the same as the PD is functional, whereas criminal roleplay is about building your own profile.

server script is just insufficient to pay out the planning thing, because there is barely no activities around. thats why people ask PD nerfs. If criminals cant have enough activities which would pay decent amount (chopshop is not a thing anymore, since payouts were halved, drug labs being destroyed on hourly basis and there is not enough shops around/they restock slowly to satisfy the need of them), why the PD would have all the OP things? 

PD is not risking anything.

Criminals are basically pushed out of activities or are forced to do high risk-very low award activities.

I've had it happen to me where i'm riding in a cruiser and it just despawns.

This will happen if the unit it is associated with is disbanded. So, if this happens then the police officer likely just disbanded their unit and logged off, it's not necessarily the case that we were aware the cruiser was stolen so we just despawned. If we know a cruiser is stolen we will chase it and look for it.

Buying Weapons 

The state provides weapons to officers in real life, it makes no RP sense for an Officer to buy his own weapon nor would it be desirable. I wouldn't mind Officers being lootable and have their weapons took if injured or held up, however I could then just see a epidemic of gangs holding up Officers just to take any weapons they have on them. So, there would have to be some rules around it.

The amount of times I've had this happen to my friends having the cruiser despawn on them while driving is dumb their was this one time with a helicopter that had happened and everyone fell out the helicopter just to fall to their death

Firstly, you don't actually provide an alternative to spawn able vehicles. You just complain about it, so what would the alternative be? PD require a list of vehicles for the faction to function realistically, we can't keep 100s of vehicles on the map at any one point just for PD.

Secondly, what RP sense did you have to steal and operate a helicopter? RP'ly officers have to go through training, acquire 40 IC flight hours and then have a final examination in order to become a certified pilot in PD. So, your criminal character just happened to be an expert Pilot, right? You can't make a thread complaining about RP quality and suggestions to improve it, and then simultaneously admit that you and your friends stole a helicopter as criminals. I'd like to see an example of that in real life where some low end thugs got into the helicopter of a police helicopter and managed to successfully operate it. 

What weapons you get is already based on ranks, divisions and trainings. 

Cadet + Police Officer I = Taser + Pistol.

Police Officer II = Taser + Pistol + Shotgun (if they become certified)

Police Officer III = Taser + Pistol + MP5 (If they become certified)

Sergeant I+ = Taser + Pistol + Carbine (if they become certified).

SWAT Operatives = The full weapon load out when on active deployment otherwise they get the MP5 if not actively deployed. 

And there is internal regulations in PD on what weapons can be used and when. A SWAT operative cannot simply pull out a heavy sniper and shoot you down, if they do then they'll be punished, because that weapons is only allowed to be used by those certified to use it and only in certain situations, such as hostage situations. SWAT don't constantly carry these items on them, all operatives have to return back to the police station every time they wish to deploy.

SWAT don't have access to the revolver, only Lieutenants+ had access to that, however it's recently been removed. 

4 hours ago, verydoge12 said:

I see PO II with MP5s all the time, where do I report this and how often are these reports looked into?

At PO II you can apply for the SWAT division and gain access to these weapons. However, if you believe they misused the weapons you can report them on PD forums. This can be used both ICly and OOCly.

https://gov.eclipse-rp.net/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=3259

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, lenx said:

Removed my ass.

You can see this Captain is wielding it from just 20 minutes ago.

k2vHfRa.jpg

This weapon should not be allowed. Cops do not carry around hand cannons. Restricting a 1 hit kill weapon to only PD is blatant powergaming in it's most raw form.

its like holding a 50 BMG Barrett in a revolver form, the bullet of the revolver CANNOT stall the engine instantly.

On 10/21/2018 at 10:29 PM, Tjml_ said:

@Aldari_Tagril @nateX

I thought the rule says that cadets/pos can use pistols only? "Cadet + Police Officer I = Taser + Pistol." I've also heard that cops are not allowed to walk around with guns in public? How would you explain this to me? http://prntscr.com/l8pqn8

I don't think you understand that the badge ''Police Officer'' is literally 4 ranks in 1 tag. Cadet's can only and are only allowed to use pistols, same with Police Officer I. In that instance, it was on a party where SWAT was deployed, the officer was on a passive deployment. Easy.

6 hours ago, Tjml_ said:

Another great example, is it us that are getting brainwashed, or is it you not following protocol? @nateX @Aldari_Tagril http://prntscr.com/l9ejt2

Hes PO2, only shotgun isnt it? "Police Officer II = Taser + Pistol + Shotgun (if they become certified)"

Are you just gonna take pictures of every officer you see with anything but a pistol? Could easily have been a passive deployment. If not, seek yourself to this section. Please do not tag me in this thread again, just complaining about everything that PD does. If you have any other suggestions, go ahead and post them here .

3 hours ago, nateX said:

Are you just gonna take pictures of every officer you see with anything but a pistol? Could easily have been a passive deployment. If not, seek yourself to this section. Please do not tag me in this thread again, just complaining about everything that PD does. If you have any other suggestions, go ahead and post them here .

Hello, sorry for tagging you. Tag your PD mates on PD forum, since it usually takes a month to get an answer to a report.

That's why people are pointing the problems, because no one is working on reports on PD site. Stop doing that. We wouldn't point problems if they would respond normally.

EDIT: it would be easier to make a higher up meeting in PD and reassure these things showed up in multiple threads wont appear as a habit in server, rather than constantly showing people to file a report, since most of things appears to be repeatedly done over and over.

Edited by DISCO
  • Upvote 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.