Dola

Police to ignore calls about criminal activity inside a drug lab.

I dont know how many times my day/night has been ruined by other criminals calling police on me at drug labs. This has been happening more and more each day and I cant tell you how annoying it is to go to a drug lab to try make money and have other criminals call police on me, leading to you evading multiple times a day and because it happends so often your bound to get caught and spend anywhere from 2+ hours in prison, 10k+ fines and the loss of any guns/equipment/plants you had. You sometimes lose heavies, bodyarmor and hundreds of plants you have spent so long trying to get over something that does not feel realistic at all. 

Examples:
1. You go to a drug lab and rob another criminal to which he then leaves and calls cops.
2. A rival gang member comes into a drug lab and spots his rival gang inside the lab. He then leaves and calls police on all them so they have to evade and lose heavies to police and now his gang can take the lab for themselves.
3. Someone goes to a lab and notices the lab is already occupied by other people to which he/she leaves and calls police, waits for them to chase them out and goes in and either steals all their plants or starts to plant for himself. 
4. Characters such as David DeAngel who base their main goal/activity of the day on going to lab and calling police anytime he spots other people inside any lab just for his own fun. 

There is two ways this rule can be introduced under the NRP rule. In my opinion it would be a lot easier for the 2nd one to be introduced as the first one could be broken by many new and/or inexperienced players that will lead to many reports, situations that will need to be voided and a lot of overall time wasted for everyone involved.

1. You cannot report crime to the police on other players inside a drug lab unless you are a ON-DUTY government official. 
OR
2. All reports of crime within a drug lab is to be treated/interpreted by the police as a prank and must not be acted upon unless reported by an ON-DUTY government official.

+1/-1 ??

Open to all opinions/suggestions.

• Like 2

Staff has already investigated, spoken to, and issued Non-RP punishments in the past for players who deliberately go-between or to labs to call 911 on their rivals or just to ruin criminal roleplay overall. 

SD and PD do regulate their members when it comes to static labs because of the said lab being static, that's why the static labs are 9/10 times not destroyed or interacted with by police when they respond to situations at the location. 

Both rule 1 and rule 2 being proposed do not make sense, any player e.g. a trucker could be driving for example, down the highway past Braddock farm and witness a shootout or robbery take place in the distance of Braddocks, and they should be able to call 911, or even an off-duty employee.

We could however add an example to Non-RP to clarify that the first portion of my post isn't allowed.  

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, FatherOsborn said:

Staff has already investigated, spoken to, and issued Non-RP punishments in the past for players who deliberately go-between or to labs to call 911 on their rivals or just to ruin criminal roleplay overall. 

SD and PD do regulate their members when it comes to static labs because of the said lab being static, that's why the static labs are 9/10 times not destroyed or interacted with by police when they respond to situations at the location. 

Both rule 1 and rule 2 being proposed do not make sense, any player e.g. a trucker could be driving for example, down the highway past Braddock farm and witness a shootout or robbery take place in the distance of Braddocks, and they should be able to call 911, or even an off-duty employee.

We could however add an example to Non-RP to clarify that the first portion of my post isn't allowed.  

I was told that there is already a faction rule within SD that sd cannot respond to calls from known criminals or people that have regularly called cops on labs. However a lot of the time it is newer players that do this after been robbed. I think it should involve all players not just known criminals about criminal activity within a lab unless as i said ON-DUTY government official such as PD/SD/Medic. I think your right when you say an ON-DUTY employee should be able to ring police if they witness a shootout near braddocks but if you go into a lab with the intentions engaging in criminal activity whether you are a known criminal or not, you should not be allowed call police as you are committing crimes also.

34 minutes ago, DeanDolan7 said:

you should not be allowed call police as you are committing crimes also.

Wouldn't this simply fall under being a snitch or IC issues? At the end of the day you are conducting illegal activities, regardless if someone called it in or not. Get better at tactics or make sure the area is clear before committing any crimes and you wont get caught! Like FatherOsborn mentioned, anyone breaching the NRP factor got punished for it. 

Edited by Tony Solicetto
  • dead 1

PD already has rules surrounding these types of static criminal locations and won't just wonder into one unless RP organically leads us there or we get a call about it.

This is not an issue that needs to be regulated from law enforcement side of things, If anything there perhaps should be a clause added to the Non-RP rule section regarding criminals regularly calling 911 for the purpose of getting a rival gang in trouble with law enforcement, I would imagine it would make more RP sense to deal with this gang vs gang instead of weaponizing PD against rivals.

• Confused 3

Listen,  I am so +1 to this that I cannot even formulate words enough to express how much of an issue this is for crim RP at the moment.   I have experienced ALL of the above scenarios in the span of like 1 week and i've seen numerous times people calling cops after themselves either coming into the lab, picking plants, or being forced out with some criminal interaction.   I understand everyone is saying that there are things in place for this, well....Not enough then because the amount of times this is still happening is ASTOUNDING.     I've even interacted with SD About this oocly and theyve said "yeah thats kind of lame" as im sitting in the back of the sd Macho headed to doc.    They never once mentioned there already being rules in place, and clearly they have not heard of any.   One indicated to me that they assumed something was coming to take care of this happening, yet I have seen no improvement.   

Until we get some sort of drug re work, static drug labs are a critical way for crims to make money.   It provides so much good interaction, yet its getting ruined by nonstop NRP raids.   So can we PLEASE do more than what we are currently doing because whatever is in place is not working out I assure you.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, neeko said:

Listen,  I am so +1 to this that I cannot even formulate words enough to express how much of an issue this is for crim RP at the moment.   I have experienced ALL of the above scenarios in the span of like 1 week and i've seen numerous times people calling cops after themselves either coming into the lab, picking plants, or being forced out with some criminal interaction.   I understand everyone is saying that there are things in place for this, well....Not enough then because the amount of times this is still happening is ASTOUNDING.     I've even interacted with SD About this oocly and theyve said "yeah thats kind of lame" as im sitting in the back of the sd Macho headed to doc.    They never once mentioned there already being rules in place, and clearly they have not heard of any.   One indicated to me that they assumed something was coming to take care of this happening, yet I have seen no improvement.   

Until we get some sort of drug re work, static drug labs are a critical way for crims to make money.   It provides so much good interaction, yet its getting ruined by nonstop NRP raids.   So can we PLEASE do more than what we are currently doing because whatever is in place is not working out I assure you.

You can do more, report the situation in game using /report or these forums and hold those players accountable.

4 hours ago, Cyrus Raven said:

PD already has rules surrounding these types of static criminal locations and won't just wonder into one unless RP organically leads us there or we get a call about it.

It's a regulation which legal factions try their best to enforce. I've seen it happen when i was SD where someone calls 911 from a lab or chopshop snitching, I look at their record and they have a lot of recent felonies, so I simply close the call. I also play crim and seeing this happen can be OOCly frustrating for crims. You could say it's "IC issue" - However, this simply gives some LEOs a reason to raid this static crime location just because someone was spinning every lab and baiting someone to pull a gun on them to end up calling 911, which is an unrealistic behavior imo. 

• Like 2
  • PogU 1

36 minutes ago, Harveyyy said:

However, this simply gives LEOs a reason to raid this static crime location just because someone was spinning every lab and baiting someone to pull a gun on them to end up calling 911, which is an unrealistic behavior imo.

I agree, so shouldn't we focus on adding perhaps a clarifying section in the non-RP part of the rules as @FatherOsborn suggested with the goal of then reporting the people who do this? Why would further rules that affect IC actions be imposed on PD/SD who, by the original poster's own words, aren't to blame at all for this.

As for SD, I am not sure what their protocols on static drug labs are, if some of these are failing then it would be something to address to the faction members to try and reduce these issues.

1 hour ago, Cyrus Raven said:

I agree, so shouldn't we focus on adding perhaps a clarifying section in the non-RP part of the rules as @FatherOsborn suggested with the goal of then reporting the people who do this? Why would further rules that affect IC actions be imposed on PD/SD who, by the original poster's own words, aren't to blame at all for this.

As for SD, I am not sure what their protocols on static drug labs are, if some of these are failing then it would be something to address to the faction members to try and reduce these issues.

I think its easier if its imposed on PD/SD as they would be more experienced rather than every other player as majority of this problem comes from players which are more new to the server and the last thing we want is to punish new players and give more work to mods/admins by increasing the number of reports made on forums.
After a short time they will be use to the rule whereas the new player will get reported and punished before they know its a rule. 

+1 
I want to add something, i saw Many SD/PD that have Gunfire sound mods that give them chance to hear shoot fire from distance just to jump on fight between gangs in labs, i saw many they just go and park front Braddox lab on high way just in case they hear gun fire to raid the labs, Please add some rules for them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sarahh said:

+1 
I want to add something, i saw Many SD/PD that have Gunfire sound mods that give them chance to hear shoot fire from distance just to jump on fight between gangs in labs, i saw many they just go and park front Braddox lab on high way just in case they hear gun fire to raid the labs, Please add some rules for them.

4. Hacking and Exploits

Hacking/Cheating

Players are not allowed to have and/or use mods, trainers, or any kind of software that gives them an advantage, also known as 3rd party modifications.

On 5/12/2022 at 4:55 PM, FatherOsborn said:

Personally, I feel this should be enough to avoid these situations happening in the future from player that mean well.

Edited by Roderick

On 5/12/2022 at 10:46 AM, Tony Solicetto said:

Wouldn't this simply fall under being a snitch or IC issues? At the end of the day you are conducting illegal activities, regardless if someone called it in or not. Get better at tactics or make sure the area is clear before committing any crimes and you wont get caught! Like FatherOsborn mentioned, anyone breaching the NRP factor got punished for it. 

-1 for exactly what Tony said.

IC actions have IC consequences.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Melody Frey said:

-1 for exactly what Tony said.

IC actions have IC consequences.

Maybe you and Tonys characters are not up north enough because I dont think you both realise how often police get called for no reason. No shots fired, nobody robbed, and all of a sudden police raid because somebody came into the lab and left to then call 911. 

54 minutes ago, DeanDolan7 said:

Maybe you and Tonys characters are not up north enough because I dont think you both realise how often police get called for no reason. No shots fired, nobody robbed, and all of a sudden police raid because somebody came into the lab and left to then call 911. 

I had my fair share of running labs early on in my organizations lifespan. Nothing has really changed much, beyond the latest drug update. People still constantly rob and attack everyone at the drop of a dime “up north” and there’s little fun to be had, so I avoid it. It’s never been a fun or enjoyable experience for me, however leaving because you see an opposing organization in there or a group well known for robbing people and calling the police would be frustrating ICly, I think it would be fun OOCly. You’d have to develop new tactics based around holding that lab, such as hiding everyone and their vehicles and only coming out if absolutely necessary. I’d prefer adaption over extending it and limiting “known” criminals from potential RP for their characters 

• Confused 2

On 5/13/2022 at 9:18 AM, Sarahh said:

+1 

I do want to add, the spot right outside of Braddock's lab is not a spot used to try and bait out a fight between SD and crims. It is quite simply the best spot for a speed trap in the county. I understand the frustration from people whenever someone in SD hears gunshots from here, but realistically, you can hear the gunshots from quite a large distance away. Either don't hit the labs close to a main, major freeway, or adapt! Silencers are extremely effective and we would NEVER know of your presence. 

26 minutes ago, Bunkie said:

I do want to add, the spot right outside of Braddock's lab is not a spot used to try and bait out a fight between SD and crims. It is quite simply the best spot for a speed trap in the county. I understand the frustration from people whenever someone in SD hears gunshots from here, but realistically, you can hear the gunshots from quite a large distance away. Either don't hit the labs close to a main, major freeway, or adapt! Silencers are extremely effective and we would NEVER know of your presence. 

Even if you use silencer most likely not everyones gonna have a silencer on both sides especially with heavy weapons which silencers are almost never used on.