PoliceMan101

Fleeca Bank Heist Fix

Hello and Thank you for reading this,

As a criminal a main source of income is stealing from stores, banks and other players. Robbing stores and other players are easy, low cost, low set up time, low rewards. A heist however which is a major operation takes sometimes an hour just to set up, let alone conduct, escape and launder. It costs up to 50k to set up due to purchasing the drill, lock picks and weapons. After all of this than you can conduct the heist not including that it could all go wrong and all that time and money is lost, but that is not the issue that is just the criminal lifestyle. The issue is knowing whether or not the bank can even be robbed ! In previous years you were able to check whether it is or is not open, and even the time of when it is open to rob again. Now this is not the case. The only time you can check is a when your attempting to rob it ! So only after getting the numbers, equipment, preparing, finally move in, point, lock pick the door, knock out the guards and than begin drilling is when you can check whether you can even rob the bank. This is unrealistic and makes robbing banks much harder as your unaware whether you can even rob it. Bank robbers would take weeks scouting, making sure they have cash and plotting. But we are completely in the dark of until we actually rob it. I think talking on behalf of many criminals this should be changed. You should be able to see when the bank is next time able to be robbed and maybe even decreasing  the cooldown time in between heists to accommodate more people to actually rob the banks and not just the large organisations.

To conclude criminal Roleplay is getting harder by every update. No more cooking in apartments, which I personally dislike. Having to have a set up chop shop to chop a car, so no longer can you go to a chop shop where they automatically do it. Needing to hotwiring vehicles. But on a positive note the ability to put cash from pick up to bag straight away is a great improvement. If you are a legal role player and don’t understand how time and money consuming setting up a heist is nor been in one do not comment against this post, this is aimed for criminal role players and their views on the subject as it affects us not you.

Thank you

TM

Edited by Tommy Colombo
  • Upvote 3

+1 Planning on heists takes a long time and everyone involved have to wait hours to set it up, later on when the banks are not available to rob, wastes everyone's time and people get mad at this. Bank heists really needs improvement according to the timer/available to rob. 

• YAY 1

Huge +1 

I admit bank heists before this new update were completely unrealistic, Criminals robbing banks up to 7 or 8 times a day seemed far overkill. And I fully agree and support the changes that were made, EG banks taking twice as long to open. But what I experienced In game yesterday was just even more unrealistic as before, It was not fun or enjoyable at all.... 

We gathered numbers, we all met up at a location and planned out the action of the heist, we gave everybody roles and organized things properly as you would In a bank heist... Then after maybe 30 mins of waiting we finally decide to hit Chumash, we go In, everyone knew what they was doing .... And did the aim perfectly, and the bank was unavailable to rob because It was closed ... I'm sorry, but do you think this is realistic? A group prepped and armed ready for a heist running into a bank, aiming at civilian's without even knowing its robbable/open or not? Would that happen IRL? Would the tellers just go "Oh sorry, were closed today, you cant rob us, try again tomorrow though!" So after this very disappointing and frustrating fail, we deiced to see If 68 was open, again we pre plan, we wait another 20+ mins for the all clear, and we go rushing into 68, and to no surprise it was closed. Bank robbers IRL know, as soon as they step Into a public bank, armed, and with masks, If caught they are going to prison REGARDLESS If they managed to get cash or not. So I ask again Is having 10+ armed people rushing Into banks completely clueless if the bank is open Is good/fun and creative RP? Or Is this even realistic at all?   

I fully understand you don't want banks to be as easy as they was, and I said I agree with making them harder, and more challenging, however making is COMPLETELY ICLY IMPOSSIBLE to know whether the bank Is open or closed, unless you've already have people In the bank, sticking guns in peoples faces, already alerting people nearby seems so overkill. 

What I would do to fix / Improve banks? 

If It was me, I would like to see some new / Interesting IC ways to not only just see If the bank was open or closed, but to plan for the bank In way more depth, that would take a little bit more time, not too much money, and would pay off well. Not just running In, Pressing E at the vault and basically abusing script to find out.

Personally, I like the Idea of firstly having to purchase "A heist board" or something you would use to "plan" the heist like a laptop, or what have you. This can be done from ordering off cartel connected gangs, or other ways like going to the furniture store, or purchasing from the "Equipment Dealers" From here I would love to see actual script "Bank Set ups/mini missions" You would have to complete In order to rob the bank. A lot like GTA5 heist set ups, but far less packed and detailed. Maybe these bank set ups would literally take 5 or 10 mins of time, but are fun to do, and makes total sense when It comes to robbing banks.... NOT just running In guns blazing aimlessly because quite frankly I and I'm sure many others can agree, are bored of this. These are just a few Ideas that come to mind ... 

1- Bank stake outs - You , or a group of people would get Into a low profile vehicle, (personal vehicle or script) and conduct a stake out / surveillance on the bank. You would be required to buy something like a "camera", or "surveillance kit" from the "Equipment Dealers" Take pictures of the bank, get to plan proper get away exits / routes, examine the exterior of the bank. Monitor how often PD/SD patrol these areas, what have you.

2- Undercover work - Whether this be script criminal "job", or doing It freely, you would be required to dress up as a technician / janitor / Garbage man / Money transporter, what have you. And actually go Into the bank, do your required "job" as well as taking pictures of the vault, the cameras, the front desk. Possibly be able to plant bugs Inside the bank, or cameras of your own. Or a device than enables you to "Hack" Into the banks systems, (Which Is another Idea I have In mind) 

3 - "Hacking" - The final stage of completing the set ups would be to use the "Bug" you planted Inside the bank via the previous set up, and you would be required to "Hack" Into the banks systems/network via a script mini game, similar to the in action locking picking / hotwiring mini game, Or like the GTA5 hacking Mini games. You get a limited amount of attempts. And once completed, you will be able to see / learn the following Information: 

- If the banks Is currently open / closed.

- A rough estimate of how long until the bank opens, If closed. 

- How much money is currently In the holding of the vault. 

- The possibility of being able to temporarily disable / prevent the alarm from triggering once the vault doors open. ( My idea of this would be you would be able to disable the alarm for a minimum of +5 seconds, to a maximum of +30 seconds or longer, this would all fall under a chance, or depending on how well the hack was completed. ) Obviously, nothing to over the top, as It would be unfair for PD/SD to respond and arrive.   

I know I ran Into a bit of a fantasy land here, and I know Its highly unlikely to happen. But I, and possibly others would love to see something like this being Implemented. This, In my mind would make banks a whole lot more Interesting. bring much greater RP possibilities, and actually be realistic In bank prepping. Yes It would take a tad bit longer to actually execute the bank, but at the end of the day this Is a ROLEPLAY SERVER and In my opinion, banks should not take 10 mins or less to prep, and 5 mins or less to execute. 

Please add your comments and opinions to this, I'm really Interested to see what others think and If they agree, or If I'm just going Into some fantasy land lmao. Thanks for reading!

• Like 5
  • Upvote 3

The fact that there's no time indicator to when the bank opens right now doesn't stop them from being hit the minute they open. Whichever crew did the bank last would simply have to set a timer for when the bank "opens" again, I think it's 45 hours? I'm just theorising, not saying people have done this but it's entirely possible, so the fact that there's no indicator right now really doesn't make a difference as to when it's hit/how quickly after opening it's hit, the current system just gives an advantage to whoever did the bank last. 

Big +1 to xMysticZx ideas! 

Edited by Glaikit
  • Like 2

+1 to the the idea of adding more RP behind bank heists, by having actual planning and various preparation goals leading up to the heist as you stated in this post.

However the first part of your post seems to be misguided, as you certainly are able to check if a bank is able to be hit without having to aim guns around, the same way as people did before.  There just isn't a specific timer that will tell you exactly when it opens anymore, as the message has been made vague and will simply just inform you if it can be robbed or not currently, based on either the timer or cop numbers restrictions while keeping those specifics hidden.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Tommy Colombo said:

Hey ShawnsBeard,

Your information is incorrect. When attempting to check the same way that it used to be it says that “You need a drill for this action”, nothing vague about it. If anything that implies it is open.

you can check at the door with the 'pick' option, not at the vault

edit: just tested it, this is the message you receive when the bank is 'closed'
22fd9c47b020a779adc17e835483d266.png

Edited by ShawnsBeard

3 hours ago, ShawnsBeard said:

you can check at the door with the 'pick' option, not at the vault

edit: just tested it, this is the message you receive when the bank is 'closed'
22fd9c47b020a779adc17e835483d266.png

Hey @ShawnsBeard

Personally I am in favour on a more focalised way to find whether the bank is able to be robbed, such as times and so forth and am much in agreement with @xMysticZxs suggestions. It would add more depth to the role play, and make banks more entertaining than just running in with guns, drills, etc.