Harveyyy

Adjustment to Comping Drops / NPC interrogation

A simple and easy suggestion that I believe makes a lot of sense for Criminal RP.

Right now, any player can go to a Dealer/NPC and interrogate them/ Extract Intel in an attempt to comp a drop/ make the dealer "Snitch" about an upcoming drop. The process depends on the influence points and the decay of the turf, not only on this specific turf but on other turfs that are owned / taken by a gang. If the gang has high influence points, the chances of the dealer snitching will be lower, and vice-versa. 

My suggestion is:

The dealer will ask for something in return, depending on the dealer and influence points, they will ask for a specific amount of money in order for them to provide a location which will be "The word on the streets", which won't always be accurate, but it will be close to the drop location. The more influence points there is, the more expensive the tip would be. This will promote more RP that makes sense where players have to consider important factors, such as Risk & Reward, instead of spinning/Rolling every dealer on the map just to end up in a shootout. Dying every day for a 12k lysergic drop does not make any sense, but promote a PvP environment. Just to make it clear, there is nothing wrong with having shootouts, but only for a proper reasoning. But when it happens every day for the exact same reason and without any proper RP reasoning and backstory, at this point it's not fun and it ruins the experience.

Feel free to provide your opinions and thoughts! 

This suggestion is not perfect, but with more thoughts and opinions on it, we can come up with a perfect solution. 

• Like 8
  • YAY 2
  • NAY 1
  • hand 2

+1

This is actually a good idea. Like the hints could be "word on the street..."
1) "drop is in the city"
2) "drop is in sandy"
3) "drop is up north/paleto"

OR "on the north/east/south/west part of the map"

I don't like the idea that they can see when the weight drops and then get 15+ people to go check them all rolling the dice that one of them cracks and with enough people checking it will always crack 95% of the time.
It also doesn't make sense that a dealer loyal to a gang gives up this info for free.

• Like 1

+1 HEAVILY on this. 

In SOME not ALL situations when it comes to comping drops people like to sit at a dealer and check it every 15min JUST to get into a shootout.. This I think is not only terrible RP but MG as well. I feel you described this in a perfect way to be added into the city and I would love to see everyone elses opinions/suggestion on this topic too. 

5 hours ago, Harveyyy said:

A simple and easy suggestion that I believe makes a lot of sense for Criminal RP.

Right now, any player can go to a Dealer/NPC and interrogate them/ Extract Intel in an attempt to comp a drop/ make the dealer "Snitch" about an upcoming drop. The process depends on the influence points and the decay of the turf, not only on this specific turf but on other turfs that are owned / taken by a gang. If the gang has high influence points, the chances of the dealer snitching will be lower, and vice-versa. 

My suggestion is:

The dealer will ask for something in return, depending on the dealer and influence points, they will ask for a specific amount of money in order for them to provide a location which will be "The word on the streets", which won't always be accurate, but it will be close to the drop location. The more influence points there is, the more expensive the tip would be. This will promote more RP that makes sense where players have to consider important factors, such as Risk & Reward, instead of spinning/Rolling every dealer on the map just to end up in a shootout. Dying every day for a 12k lysergic drop does not make any sense, but promote a PvP environment. Just to make it clear, there is nothing wrong with having shootouts, but only for a proper reasoning. But when it happens every day for the exact same reason and without any proper RP reasoning and backstory, at this point it's not fun and it ruins the experience.

Feel free to provide your opinions and thoughts! 

This suggestion is not perfect, but with more thoughts and opinions on it, we can come up with a perfect solution. 

Honestly, it's perfectly fine in my opinion, when you order a shipment, you are taking a risk of it getting comped. If you aren't willing to take the risk of a drop getting comped by rival gangs, it's best not to put in orders or order more strategically. One thing, I'd absolutely love to see change is other factions asking a faction to put in an order to have a reason to pvp and attempt to get around the backup breach rule to use it as a reason to show up, which has been happening recently. By the time you comp a drop with this new general area idea, you probably won't find it in time. That's just my take though.

• Confused 1

I love the idea of adding a risk vs reward factor to checking dealers with some sort of monetary balancing system (sort of like gambling) or atleast pointing a gun at the dealer for the time being (how store robberies work). But the way it’s been proposed currently would be an outright buff to official factions. All this would do is make their drops be comped even less than they already are, which can easily be 0 drops comped a day, in my experience, if you actually go through means of gang diplomacy and or strategy when placing orders. 

• Like 1
  • YAY 2

huge +1, it seems as though recently people try to comp factions drops just to get in shootouts and "clap" which only promotes PvP mentality. Yes, when placing a drop there is risks and possibilities of shootouts but with the addition of having them ask for something in return or having them hold them at gunpoint will make better RP sense.

Also, people watch the weight drop on the dealer and use this information to comp drops as well, it would be nice to see a change in some form to this as this would be considered MG.

Maybe the less "happy" or lower the dealer is- he would give smaller, specific areas the drop could land but the more "happy" or higher he is- he would give a broader area to look. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gyromite said:

@HighTV Told me that a good idea would be that you need to use a gun to interrogate, that would help at least make it clearer that someone is interrogating, because at the moment there's no indication. 

Real bang on idea. Right now you can't really make a move on someone talking to your dealers and smugglers since you aren't sure why they are talking to them. But a gun being necessary would open up much more avenues for escalation and retaliation and maybe even dissuade people from doing it as frequently with the risk of getting caught by a rival gang while interrogating resulting in proper planning prior to going npc to npc. 

• Upvote 3

You could implement different choices for intimidation/bribery tactics when interacting with the dealers, eg. Pointing a gun at the dealer, making him put his hands up for a low percentage based chance system of intimidating the dealer into telling you either the location or general area of the drop or alternatively attempting to bribe the dealer with cash for a higher percentage chance of comping the exact location and time on the drop. 
Like Phantas said, making pointing a weapon at the dealer means gangs will have to put more planning into checking dealers and if they fail to do so it can open other avenues of rp such as taking the gang member hostage in return for the safe delivery of the drop. Just an idea 😊

Edited by Glaikit
  • Like 1

Either a new script for aiming gun at the dealer to make the interrogation longer and more meaningful or the bribery system. Maybe both with long animation consisting of you taking cash out which would be visible and giving it to the dealer while speaking with him. That way criminals can choose one of the two ways to get the information.

We should also speak about the play to win mentality almost every single official faction shows, even though they claim otherwise on their faction threads. How come every faction places the big shipments in the morning when there's like 60 players online, some of which log in exactly for this and then simply log out once the drop is picked up. And no, that's not their actual playtime window that they use to enjoy the server.

• bakmeel 1

On 5/7/2022 at 3:57 PM, Barny said:

Either a new script for aiming gun at the dealer to make the interrogation longer and more meaningful or the bribery system. Maybe both with long animation consisting of you taking cash out which would be visible and giving it to the dealer while speaking with him. That way criminals can choose one of the two ways to get the information.

We should also speak about the play to win mentality almost every single official faction shows, even though they claim otherwise on their faction threads. How come every faction places the big shipments in the morning when there's like 60 players online, some of which log in exactly for this and then simply log out once the drop is picked up. And no, that's not their actual playtime window that they use to enjoy the server.

Factions place orders at a certain time because of how easy it is to comp a drop as mentioned above, its as simple as that. That needs to be addressed too IMO. We've had other players come into the city in the morning, lining up at our dealer with about 10 people checking it constantly until its comped, which will work like 99% of the time.

Edited by Martin James
  • Like 1

+1 to the idea of changing how interrogations work.

-1 to the way in which its been proposed. What's given to the dealer would have to be balanced properly. Otherwise you're having cliques dump large amounts of cash into dealers on the small chance that a faction *might* be ordering at the exact moment. I think it'd be more beneficial if once a specific goal has been reached with a dealer the faction that accomplished the interrogation automatically gets a tip off on that factions next shipment. Maybe make the information given a little more ambiguous