HaminLord

New NCZ Rule.

While the NCZ system works good in most cases, There is a problem with it.

During chases and gun fights players have the ability to run into a NCZ and simply hide until danger passes. Something that doesnt make sense from an RP view, and while PD still have the ability to RP and arrest people in NCZ criminals and non PD players cannot continue RP in some scenarios.

Example:

2 players begin to have a fight and one chases the other with a car while shooting him, if the player being shot at runs into a NCZ and the player who is shooting continues to shoot he breaks a rule, and can possibly get punished for it, mean while the player who was shot at remains safe and the entire RP scenario was just "trashed" and "erased" from the server.

What I suggest is that a new rule will be passed that will make sure players who are in a gun fight cannot escape into a NCZ, and in case they do, they will be punished.

This is my first suggestion so im not sure I did everything correct. In any case this is my suggestion.

13 hours ago, HaminLord said:

While the NCZ system works good in most cases, There is a problem with it.

During chases and gun fights players have the ability to run into a NCZ and simply hide until danger passes. Something that doesnt make sense from an RP view, and while PD still have the ability to RP and arrest people in NCZ criminals and non PD players cannot continue RP in some scenarios.

Example:

2 players begin to have a fight and one chases the other with a car while shooting him, if the player being shot at runs into a NCZ and the player who is shooting continues to shoot he breaks a rule, and can possibly get punished for it, mean while the player who was shot at remains safe and the entire RP scenario was just "trashed" and "erased" from the server.

What I suggest is that a new rule will be passed that will make sure players who are in a gun fight cannot escape into a NCZ, and in case they do, they will be punished.

This is my first suggestion so im not sure I did everything correct. In any case this is my suggestion.

They are not exploiting server rules. They are attempting to save their lives by running to an area heavily guarded with police or body guards that you wouldn't attack them in. The PD is usually empty or close to empty, but RPly there would be many more cops in there. Any criminal group would be heavily outnumbered/outgunned especially at the police's HQ. It would take no time to deploy swat as the armory is right there.

PD can still arrest people and people can run away from PD, but they wouldn't shoot at pd cuz they would be turned into swiss cheese. Taquila-la wouldn't go against PD because they're a legit business and would get destroyed in the long run.

On 9/11/2018 at 8:45 AM, lenx said:

The problem with that though is that there aren't any ACTUAL guards or police officers. So someone could shoot up another person, get into a chase, then flee to tequilala where they know the person who they just shot at can't retaliate. In reality, the guards or cops there would detain that guy and justice would be handed down, but that's not how it works. NCZs are literally just a safe zone right now where people flee to escape retaliation. It like when little kids play tag and one of them runs under a tree and calls it a "safe zone" so they cant be tagged. (not a perfect analogy, but it's pretty much the same concept.)

Obviously not everyone uses the NCZs for that purpose, but A LOT of people do.

How can we be expected to RP that there are cops and guards at a NCZ when someone can stand on the other side of the street, shoot at someone, then run over to the NCZ where they are immune. It's BS and it's a total exploitation of the system.

My suggestion is to punish those who abuse the NCZs in that manner. In my eyes, it's a form of powergaming.

Well it actually depends on the situation, if I'm in a fight with someone (or they are chasing me without shooting) going to an NCZ isn't power gaming. Also putting some bouncers (players) as an addition would mitigate it, it'd be boring to work as a bouncer, maybe you can choose who goes in and who does not to make it less boring (obv only when at least ONE bouncer is available). It's not a full solution but it certainly would help reduce it.

+1 If the fight or conflict happens outside of a NCZ it shouldnt matter where they run. That is METAGAMING if you run to a NCZ cause your CHARACTER doesnt know that, YOU do... The only place where they could run to that would make sense is the PD...that's it...  Like who in real life would run to a bank to avoid getting robbed.... No one... 

Edited by Nubbsauce

2 minutes ago, Nubbsauce said:

+1 If the fight or conflict happens outside of a NCZ it shouldnt matter where they run. That is METAGAMING if you run to a NCZ cause your CHARACTER doesnt know that, YOU do...

The char knows that it's a guarded area, which is what NCZs are for.

18 hours ago, Arvark said:

The char knows that it's a guarded area, which is what NCZs are for.

A bank shouldnt be a ncz neither should a place where people gamble. The only reason they are NCZs is because people complained enough and they became one. Whats next, is LSC going to be a NCZ? Are the farms and piers going to be NCZ? Like I said, the only NCZ that makes sense is the PD.

Edited by Nubbsauce

2 hours ago, Nubbsauce said:

A bank shouldnt be a ncz neither should a place where people gamble. The only reason they are NCZs is because people complained enough and they became one. Whats next, is LSC going to be a NCZ? Are the farms and piers going to be NCZ? Like I said, the only NCZ that makes sense is the PD.

Well the Tequila is a nightclub which is guarded, the bank also has guards.

Tequila is an NCZ because people would just camp the door and wait for you to leave with the money, or, just go inside and rob you while you are playing. Now, I understand it would create a good RP scenario to gather people and alike the heists in GTA Online, rob the place. As much as I'd like to see this added, I know that people will exploit it.

On 9/13/2018 at 9:48 PM, Nubbsauce said:

+1 If the fight or conflict happens outside of a NCZ it shouldnt matter where they run. That is METAGAMING if you run to a NCZ cause your CHARACTER doesnt know that, YOU do... The only place where they could run to that would make sense is the PD...that's it...  Like who in real life would run to a bank to avoid getting robbed.... No one... 

How.. would it be..? I'm so confused, you know it's an NCZ, but your character knows it's a heavily guarded place.. how does this fall under metagaming? I don't understand. 

In real life if you were getting robbed, you'd run to ANY place that had public around. That's one of the reasons NCZ exists, to simulate those areas. 

NCZ should stand as they do at this moment. If you want to kill/rob someone, you HAVE to before they run to NCZ. This would only turn the RP on your favor and ruin the experience for the other person.