sickyy

Shenzhen Dragons

回报

“Ash,” Chi said desperately, bringing both her hands to my open gunshot wounds and applying pressure, “You need to stay with me, don’t fucking close your eyes.” I looked down at her hands, seeing the blood seep between her fingers. My head rolled back as I fell in and out of consciousness. Holy shit, I thought, I was losing more blood than I thought. My entire body felt limp. I tried to talk, but no words came out. Chi’s voice was quickly deafened by the sounds of gunshots whizzing in the air above us. A truck halted to the side of us as I felt myself being lifted into the air.
“Quickly, get the fucking trunk open, now!” I could hear someone scream, I thought it was Chi.
At that moment, I could hear sirens - my eyes almost closing as red and blue lights blared from the only slithers of light that my heavy eyelids allowed me to see. Heavy shots fired as people began to rush out of the area. I was placed in the back of the truck - one, three, four of the doors slamming shut, causing the truck to rock as it revved and quickly made its way out of the scene. Someone stayed with me on the truck, continuing to apply pressure on my wounds. They were speaking to me, urging me to stay awake, but before I could work out the words they were saying, I saw black.

2 years later… 
My entire body jolted awake from a nightmare, causing my siblings to spring on their feet and rush over to the sides of my bed. The first thing I noticed was the blinding, fluorescent white light blaring above me, followed by Emma’s deathly grip on my hand. I slowly tried to move - I was aching everywhere - but quickly noticed my mobility was limited from the cables and wires attached to me. My heartbeat monitor began to slow as I began settling into bed. I have never been so confused. The rest of the Volkovs, however, started to loudly exclaiming between one another - cheering and hugging me one by one. Before we could begin speaking, before I could find out how the fuck I ended here, and for how long, and for what, a few nurses had rushed into the room to check my vitals. 
“Right, take it slow Ash, let’s make sure you’re all clear, then a doctor will come in and explain why you’re here.” One of the nurses told him, reaching over me to readjust my posture slowly, to which I obliged.

I was not discharged from the hospital for several days as the staff continued to monitor me. I ended up finding out that it was a two-year coma resulted from my body failing to compensate for the blood I lost. The Volkovs stayed by my side for the entirety of those two years, plus the days that followed while I was being monitored, entertaining me with stories - both past and present - and only leaving to bring me food for the days I didn’t feel like eating from the hospital menu. The Four Seas Order were no longer around, but neither were the organisations we fought side-by-side with or against. Everything was different out there, people were different, headed for different distractions. 
“What’s the first thing you want to do?” Drew asked him as they all left the hospital together. The air felt more crisp than usual, having only been able to experience it from the cracks of his open hospital window. Ash grinned as he helped himself into a car with the other Volkovs.
“A drink.” He said, finally, betraying the doctor’s recommendations, “I need a fucking drink.”

They made their way towards Tequilala, not shy in ordering the first round of drinks. Although they had been with each other for the past few days, it still felt like they could not run out of things to talk about and catch me up on. It was still quite late in the afternoon, so the bar was quiet, music softly humming from the jukebox - the most noise escaping from the room downstairs where people were playing poker. Tom had downed the rest of his drink between laughter at something Drew said, before clearing his throat - taking the short silence as an opportunity to share something.
“I spoke to Frank the other day.” He said, looking directly towards me as if the other Volkovs already knew where the conversation was going.
“Frank Gurino?” I asked, racking my brain for all the Franks I knew. Frank Gurino was a member of the Four Seas Order and the Triads.
“Yeah. Xing now.”
“How is he?” I asked, taking another sip from my drink as I listened.
“He’s good, he’s doing really well for himself. He’s running an organisation called the Shenzhen Dragons.”
I looked at him curiously, a form smiling on my lips.
“I know what you’re going to say.”

A meetup was arranged with Frank by Tom.
The proposition to join the gang was offered, Ash happily accepted and was re-united with Frank and his family once again.

Credits for video making goes to: Jontero
Credits for the writing composition: skeletee

Contribution: Drew Volkov, Tom Volkov, Emma Volkov, Ash Volkov & Frank Xing.

Thank you all for the assistance & work throughout!

Edited by PhenomenalX
  • Like 28
  • PogU 1
  • yooo 1
  • POG 2