N8TGK

Is it possible to create a government faction?

Hi! You are correct, there is not currently a FBI division on the server! That does not mean it cannot or will not exist though. However, there is already a government faction, so I recommend starting your enquiry directly with the members of the government (in-game).  Joining the government will probably help too. Like any real life job though, you will have to start at the lowest ranks and work your way up to a position to open up a whole new division in the government. Does not mean you cannot start reaching out to the right people about it. 

Anything is possible within reason and with hard work put into it!

Weazel News, many years ago, was not an official government faction by any means and simply did not exist, but player-duo took it upon themselves to start up this entertainment company in-character and continued to put efforts in over the course of several months. After their continued efforts of development of this in-character entertainment company, they were given the chance to turn Weazel News into a properly established faction, which it has remained and is known as today.

Important to note, of course, is that the server, at the time of this occurrence, was significantly smaller in terms of player base and by proxy factions and corporations. That is not to say that it is impossible to achieve in the current environment of the server, but it will certainly require a significant level of effort and dedication over what can be expected to be a prolonged period of time, given the systems currently in place surrounding government factions, IC and OOC.

• Like 1

Assuming that you are being serious about asking, I'll give you a serious answer. While I'm not someone that makes the decisions on what factions we have or who runs them, I think I've got a pretty good idea of how stuff works.

You are new to the server and while I respect your enthusiasm for wanting to bring something that we do not currently have, there are a number of issues at play here which would make it very difficult for you to realise your ambition.

First things first, no one knows who you are. The people that run the current law enforcement factions have been on Eclipse for at least 2-3 years at this point. You don't have a positive or a negative reputation in the server so there isn't really any currency for you to be considered for what would be a very important position within the government hierarchy. Establishing a good reputation takes a lot of time and establishing a poor reputation is very easy.

Secondly, competition. As I said in the first point, there are current leaders of law enforcement factions that have been here multiple years but also a number of other roleplayers in those factions that have put a similar amount of time into the law enforcement side of our server. They are familiar with our penal code, our server's style and the rules. They have demonstrated their capability for being able to roleplay in a law enforcement faction on Eclipse. They would have the obvious advantage if something like this was considered to be given the role. Better the devil you know, pretty much.

Lastly, I can tell you that between the activities of the LSPD, Sheriffs and to an extent Judicial, there is very little room for a faction like FIB in the grand scheme of things. The Sheriffs Department was an admin-run passion project that developed in line with the server developing in size. The server expanded to the point where Blaine County became more used in the server and LSSD could justify their existence. When you break it down, there isn't really enough demand, especially with the criminal side of things right now for a third LEO faction.

Once again, I applaud you wanting to get stuck in and I implore you to get a feel for the server and perhaps when the time is right, consider joining either the LSPD or LSSD. See where that takes you. I don't wish to pour water on your idea but I just cannot see it happening.

Edited by Bala