Dasmin_Nowe

Collected Experience From The Players and Suggestions

14 minutes ago, edawn said:

Please elaborate on how IRL you can bribe a cop with anywhere from 100euros to 500euros but u cant get away from a 32$ robbery by offering them 20000$ ? 

Government Officials usually earn their living from under the table deals, thats why there's so much weed and other substances in the circulation still, because they are paid off, whether it's a cop, a medic, a god damn prime minister even. Cops just earn too much and take away another criminal feat which is big money spent on small cops a.k.a. bribing. But no no no - cops earn the most in this server cuz they don't have to pay for anything and get what - 5000-whoeverthefuckknows/hr ? 

It doesn't take a drug cartel to earn big by selling drugs my mans. 

There is a server rule against OOC and IC corruption. 

Well perhaps the rules are sort of anti-RP anti-realism to begin with. The thing with such stuff as simulating realism through RP is that the rules should be flexible in the first place. Sure there are ones that should be set in stone, but holy heck do the they take away from interesting dynamics and possible RP scenarios. I will make sure to reread the rules before making another post like this, thanks for the heads up.

The thing is - this server with the current jobs/number of activities would be normal to 50-70 people online. It went to such a boom (thanks for lithuanian twitch community) and the server developers/admins/staff cannot handle this situation and the hype will slowly fade out if nothing will be changed. People these days tends to leave when the things stagnates.

I am not saying its a bad server for RP, but it has a lot of flaws. This is the time for developers to turn the situation around or they will lose the people slowly. Server has a lot of potential, since no other rp server can handle such amount of people at once.

Someone said, that criminals dont earn big money IRL - that's not true. They earn a lot, but with cost of risk. Here, in eclipse, criminal activities (as I said, there is almost no criminal activities except bugged drug transporter, mugging people, who never carries money on them and warehouses and stuff) doesnt pay the extra and you risk a lot for that. Thats way too unbalanced and if you disagree with that - you are an idiot.

For 300 slot server, there is only repetitive boring jobs, no criminal activities and basically no risk at all. If that stays for a while, I guarantee for 100 percent, the amount of people will fade away pretty quickly, because they will find something better or they will get bored pretty soon.

This is the time to change something.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, nateX said:

What criminal activity IRL can bring as much money as a real legal government job? Could you pleade give an example of such activity. Also if you do illegal activities, of course you are gonna go to jail. Also, you do not need guns for every activity, there is an RP style called passive criminal roleplay which does not include shooting everybody for being on your turf.

Narcotics, robberies, extortion, burglaries, car hijacking, smuggling different things, for example weapons, blackmail, hostage for ransom, These usually do the trick to earn a lot more money than a government employee. Yes, I do not fight against the idea of jail. If I get caught, sure, I go to jail. I never even once addressed that jailtimes should be decreased, therefore do not do the strawman fallacy. Passive criminal RP only works for the very few top people, while the muscle rank is still necessary. I am not pushing for shooting everyone on your turf, but players not getting enough money do actually hold a firearm and they will fire before thinking if they are breaking RP rules, because they don't want go working again as a bus driver to get a weapon, radio (which they have stopped using, because they cost a lot as I've said, so just went to Discord, the ones that already got destroyed mentally bit it). Are you going to assert some more things and not address the fact that the criminal pay is not close near enough and police being invulnerable to losing a firearm for some time and criminal gaining it decreases Police RP, trying to make a deal perhaps?  

10 hours ago, nateX said:

What criminal activity IRL 

One more thing that I wanted to note, this is roleplay server, roleplay means: "act out or perform the part of a person or character, for example as a technique in training or psychotherapy". That does not speak about it being realistic, you making a statement without arguing whether it should be all realistic or not.

16 hours ago, edawn said:

Please elaborate on how IRL you can bribe a cop with anywhere from 100euros to 500euros but u cant get away from a 32$ robbery by offering them 20000$ ? 

Government Officials usually earn their living from under the table deals, thats why there's so much weed and other substances in the circulation still, because they are paid off, whether it's a cop, a medic, a god damn prime minister even. Cops just earn too much and take away another criminal feat which is big money spent on small cops a.k.a. bribing. But no no no - cops earn the most in this server cuz they don't have to pay for anything and get what - 5000-whoeverthefuckknows/hr ? 

It doesn't take a drug cartel to earn big by selling drugs my mans. 

I think you watch to much movies. Only government officials that take bribes are people who have power and that's like 3% of the police population. Yes it would be cool for police corruption but at the moment server is not ready for it as well as PD. And the reason why police dont take your bribe is because they enjoy the roleplay the LSPD have to offer. Also the average criminal gets caught and 85% of server criminals are average because they lack creativity like it or not. Yes there needs to be more things criminals can do like prison RP etc. But they definantly dont need easier access to guns. To continue with the post that isn't related to your comment. When it comes to IRL cops Vs Robbers Cops win I'd say 90% of the time IRL in the united states which is where Los Santos is based off of. In a shootout the criminal will most likely die 99% of the time due to the sheer numbers of the police that would respond or have already responded. But back to more of your comments saying police pull guns out of there asses is a development issue. We have been requesting to get weapons to be able to have a loadout and guns on gunrack that would require us to get our weapons from the trunk etc except for our standard issued pistol it's been on our list for almost a full year. Yet criminals still complain getting all these cool new updates with one coming as well that got teased today yet they still complain and complain I've been watching it for over a year now. So for you to say the police dont RP etc. And we are power hungry or whatever you want to say well you know there is a place to report that right? Internal Affairs on the gov website with your evidence of a cop not roleplaying properly and or if it's a rule break on the main forums. PD is held to the highest roleplay standard on the server and yes we get out sour apples but we cant get rid of them unless you and the community dont point them out. With that being said it boils down to development and the server is still under active development and things are going to suck here and there but that's why you make a suggestion not call 1 party worse then the other because that gets bo where and personally offends me being apart of PD for 1 year and helping develop its RP with Investigations bureau to help spread RP Into criminals which has worked and will continue working if you just do what you are suppose to and not go Into /b right away or wanting to RP death all the time or well coming to the forums and complaining about PD for no reason when the PD is held to the highest RP standards on the server. Anyways that's all I got to say if you have any questions about anything contact me and I can point you in the right direction on how to go about your frustration.

• Like 2

Phew, there is a lot of to go through, some points I agree and disagree. Let's dive in

9 hours ago, Cooksley said:

I think you watch to much movies. Only government officials that take bribes are people who have power and that's like 3% of the police population. Yes it would be cool for police corruption but at the moment server is not ready for it as well as PD. And the reason why police dont take your bribe is because they enjoy the roleplay the LSPD have to offer.

You are making assertion that a roleplaying server necessarily needs to be all realistic. Everyone getting into a roleplaying server is there to be a movie star, even as a secondary character, still a movie star. Therefore reality is not necessarily a necessary to a roleplaying server. Whether PD is prepared or not, I would take your word for it, but for now some things do feel stale and sometimes you need to paint the city anew and take some risks for it to feel fresh. And it will be the same with police, not everyone will take the and more elaborate policeman will be very high on the top that are corrupted, which opens up narrative stories within the server, don't you want your "Training Day" story in the PD?

10 hours ago, Cooksley said:

Also the average criminal gets caught and 85% of server criminals are average because they lack creativity like it or not. Yes there needs to be more things criminals can do like prison RP etc. But they definantly dont need easier access to guns. To continue with the post that isn't related to your comment. When it comes to IRL cops Vs Robbers Cops win I'd say 90% of the time IRL in the united states which is where Los Santos is based off of. In a shootout the criminal will most likely die 99% of the time due to the sheer numbers of the police that would respond or have already responded. But back to more of your comments saying police pull guns out of there asses is a development issue. We have been requesting to get weapons to be able to have a loadout and guns on gunrack that would require us to get our weapons from the trunk etc except for our standard issued pistol it's been on our list for almost a full year.

I had a very elaborate plan including 10 people that could not work due to the script not allowing to interact with the firearms. Creativity would be awarded if there were more elements to use that creativity and if that creativity did actually pay off, it doesn't now, you pay too much for creativity, so robbing a store is usually too expensive. Again addressing the point that it has to be this way or another, why can't it be inspired by the module of old Hell's Kitchen, or even more so comic book Hell's Kitchen, it's way more interesting that way than a casual city. TL;DR Role play =/= that much like real life.

Yet criminals still complain getting all these cool new updates with one coming as well that got teased today yet they still complain and complain I've been watching it for over a year now. So for you to say the police dont RP etc. And we are power hungry or whatever you want to say well you know there is a place to report that right? Internal Affairs on the gov website with your evidence of a cop not roleplaying properly and or if it's a rule break on the main forums. PD is held to the highest roleplay standard on the server and yes we get out sour apples but we cant get rid of them unless you and the community dont point them out.

Police are actually quite brutal in many cases and you can't do anything about it. Yesterday a policeman hit me when I was a pedestrian walking across the street. He had his lights on and I was walking across a legal pedestrian area, it was raining and thunderstorm hitting non stop, I did not hear the policeman, he was going behind a corner with his vehicle and hit me. In real life (I know I am contradicting myself for real life, but something as laws should be taken as inspiration I think, while how the city operates or what's the state of the city not necessarily should) the policeman would get Police Negligence case and lose in any way or form. The policeman instantly said: "Good luck with that" or something along the lines and I had to go out of character to say: "disgusting RP" and he responded with something: "nice way to take it out of character", both were written in /ooc. I waited in the PD, wanted to do some RP, waited for another policeman. He arrived and I said I am writing my case, I was doing this in character, I just wanted to RP it through. He thought I was going to scam him for it or something, I just wanted $3000 as a fine, but when he decided to RP it through, I went to $1000, he helped me out, I was leaning on his shoulder as my leg was "broken". He gave $4000 and I gave him the signed settlement. So what's the point of it? I had to go out of character to say that the dude does not even try to RP it and the police is self regulated, so there aren't any rules that they are breaking when they are doing something. Police Negligence does not exist within the game, police brutality too. You have to have those laws as well, so the police roleplay standards are not that high, I have to somewhat insult them for them to realize: "Oh wait, this is RP". And props to that guy, I am really glad that he went for that RP, I even ooc said after that: "Hey, I just wanted to RP this through, do you want your money back?" and he said nah, it's fine and that he earns a lot. TL;DR Police is self regulated and there are no rules that they are breaking by being awful policeman, having the most "rules" (and even that not really, you have most procedures, not rules) does not mean you have the highest roleplay standard with everyone being this "grizzled policeman that does not care about the rules, you are a criminal and you are going to jail now without proven guilty until reasonable doubt." (that shouldn't be the case, as it would take too long, but still get the point).

With that being said it boils down to development and the server is still under active development and things are going to suck here and there but that's why you make a suggestion not call 1 party worse then the other because that gets bo where and personally offends me being apart of PD for 1 year and helping develop its RP with Investigations bureau to help spread RP Into criminals which has worked and will continue working if you just do what you are suppose to and not go Into /b right away or wanting to RP death all the time or well coming to the forums and complaining about PD for no reason when the PD is held to the highest RP standards on the server.

I did make a suggestion post, it's pretty long and extensive, this man edawn is actually byankovic, the person that helped me made this post. We are also trying to help this server. If you made Investigations Bureau, props to you, I got in contact with them once or twice, most blood boiling experience in a good way. As I was selling firearms, that was immensely exciting to get in contact with someone that is on me or something. I loved it. And again, PD is not held to the highest standings to RP, they are held to the highest standings in how many procedures and laws there are. Does not mean you have the highest standings of RP, it's different. I try not to call the police bad, unless they play the same grizzled guy that just goes: "you are a criminal and that's the way it is, I will arrest you and I don't care about much." My point of view is that the police is untouchable in many forms and if you changed that, perhaps when I am in a store behind a shop, police will not rush in because we have a cashier hostage? Why would you rush in when we have a hostage? That makes 0 sense, SWAT just go through everyone like a meat grinder, they will kill the hostages too probably not to leave any witnesses. 

Anyways that's all I got to say if you have any questions about anything contact me and I can point you in the right direction on how to go about your frustration.

I am doing my best, I have contacted one of the main developers of the server, Osvaldon. Me, byankovic (edawn) and Osvaldon were talking for two and a half hours about the development of the server. I am doing my best to make this more RP too, but you should consider that Police has many regulations and what not, but that does not mean RP standards or the fact that you are self regulated (for example no laws are speaking about police abuse). I would like police corruption to be a thing, what if a policeman arrests a guy without many claims, since if there were more police regulations, when can and when they cannot arrest someone, how long could a person be detained without charges being pressed and etc. I would like when police would do that and then I could go out to news agencies and fight against that in character, not via /b. Police brutality exists but we can't do anything about it because you are self regulated, you can't deny that.  I like the idea of some good, some bad cops, some good criminals, some bad criminals. It makes the world feel more real, instead of basic. I hope that I will help this server to be better than it is now.

SUGGESTION DENIED

Thank you for your patience while this suggestion was being reviewed/researched.

After reviewing/researching this suggestion, we have decided to deny it for the following reason(s): 

• The rules have changed a lot since this was posted and many of these things have been clarified and updated.

This decision is final. Unless instructed to, do not post another suggestion pertaining to this topic. You will still be able to submit other suggestions on the forums.

Regards,

Chunder