ArcAngel

Tazer Improvements

Currently when you taze an individual, they are frozen and receive a notification to say *You have been tazed* or something along those lines.
This is great however, to tackle any issues with repeated tazes and individuals acting unaffected i would like to make the following suggestion;

When you are tazed, not only does it freeze you (Causing the taze animation) but for 1 minute afterwards you walk in the injured animation, making it impossible for you to jump or run at fast speeds.

For extra immersion a blur effect added to the individual (Similar to drugs) to make peoples vision blurry and shakey would be great.

This will tackle any issues with individuals being tazed 4-5 times and acting unaffected but also adds to immersion

Edited by arcangel
  • Like 7
  • polarcop 2

+1 overall but I feel like forcing people into the injured animation after just 1 taze is a bit too overpowered. Maybe after 2 or 3 within a set time, to allow for opportunities to escape.

At the end of the day the real issue is the people who will just keep running after 5 tazes, not the person who got tased once and then had an opportunity to escape.

• Like 2

I really like the idea of adding (more) effects to the taser. Especially in DOC those get used a lot at times. I do have to say, many do really roleplay this properly, which is very good to see! But there are still some who sadly keep focusing on waiting for the freeze to be over so they can keep sprinting again. 

Things I was thinking about myself:

• As some might know, the effects of too many painkillers is that your character will randomly get in the /anim down animation. This is something I personally thought about when looking at this post. An effect where a person would get in the /anim down animation once tasered with a short freeze period like there already is now.
    Maybe it would be cool to make the chance of "falling" by forcing a /anim down random, just so the player not always "falls" after being tasered. 

• Additionally, I was thinking about a very short period where the person would walk like they do when they are very low hp. Just to simulate some sort of "recovery"

• Adding a chance of a person losing HP when being tasered.
    I did a very small research on tasers, as I am not known with them at all. I found the following about "Taser safety issues": 
    the manufacturer has identified other risk factors that may increase the risks of use, including repeated, extended, or continuous exposure to the weapon.
    I believe that if a player really gets tasered a lot, something should happen with the players hp. Not necessarily instantly going to the injured state, but maybe eventually after many times being exposed to the weapon.

The main "issue" I personally see a lot is just people just making the taser seem like a tool that temporary freezes them, not realizing it realistically does more than that. Many times the freezing effect it gives does not allow enough time to roleplay with the victim either.
I believe adding anything as an affect in general would be a great, fun and realistic thing to do. Not just purely to "fight" the problem where players ignore the effects, as some might just simply not understand how tasers work.

Edited by Yputi