Jim Buckridge

Mechanics

I don't know if this is a me issue or if this is a city wide issue. However, I've waited over 40 for one mechanic to come out and fix my bike. I am now waiting again for prolly another 40 mins here as well for another bike of mine. I think there needs to be a towing company to actually assist mechanics with this issue. Just a thought.

I like the idea of a towing company as it would help out mechanics a lot and save time on the customers side. I would say creating an faction for this would be too much for such a restricted job and perhaps many hours of just no calls. I think having it as a freelance job would be great where a person could spawn a tow truck and collect the cars and drop them off at a mechanic bay. This would be a great chance for player who grind freelance jobs to have some interactions with people and perhaps some RP.

If anyone has any suggestions on improving my concept feel free to quote me 🙂

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

While at the end, mechanic non-response has been passed down as an IC issue, I think we have reached a point where there needs to be some development intervention.

Create a freelance towing job, allowing for a much wider reach, due to players being more willing to take part in this

• Vehicle can only be towed if either the owner or LEO does a /accepttow License Plate, this is to prevent random towing
  • AS it if a scripted job, it is already rule protected from abuse, and people stealing cars like this will receive punishments. Could potentially restrict dropping the vehicle off impound or mechanics only

This will not only help the players that have to wait for a long time, which im sorry, but is too much at this point, and will likely significantly decrease random broken down cars just littering the streets, due to people just leaving their vehicles cause they just cant spend 1h+ waiting for a mechanic.

as always the issue lies in time zones, I worked for LSC for about 3 months on two diff accounts, and in the morning there can be like 13 mechanics on the ledge but at night there might be 1 or 2 and in the rulebook we cannot leave the ledge to do Mech Requests unless there is at least 1 extra person for the ledge. Also good luck getting a mechanic on a Friday night or Saturday as payday kicks in and most mechanics are off spending the money. Honestly the best solution is to add a timezone application section for LSC or Bayview and try to get a good number of many different time zones.

On 6/20/2021 at 7:28 PM, Angelo Capone said:

I like the idea of a towing company as it would help out mechanics a lot and save time on the customers side. I would say creating an faction for this would be too much for such a restricted job and perhaps many hours of just no calls. I think having it as a freelance job would be great where a person could spawn a tow truck and collect the cars and drop them off at a mechanic bay. This would be a great chance for player who grind freelance jobs to have some interactions with people and perhaps some RP.

If anyone has any suggestions on improving my concept feel free to quote me 🙂

I think this is a great idea. I dont think creating a faction would be the best idea but rather a freelance job that allows pick up similar to the trucking job would be the best fit. Call comes in for a tow job and someone can go out to take. Would be a nice addition and variety - would also help cut down in wait times as mechanics are often busy.

• Like 2

I would suggest adding something along the lines of a purchaseable tool kit at general stores that allows users to repair their vehicles on their own.  These wouldn't be full repairs, but maybe would repair the vehicle just enough to be driveable.  This would allow the owner to put a bandaid solution on their car and able to get it to the mechanics.  Maybe increase the hp of the vehicle by 200 that decreases as it's driven and could potentially break down again if the person drives for too long or is too far from the mechanic shop.