enantioM

The current state of Eclipse-RP

Just now, strangur said:

Again you either blast out, Take hostages or attempt a stealth, all of which either dont pay hardly at all, have insane penalties or even if you have hostages ive still had PD think they're superman and storm the bank with no RP regarding hostage life. Most other criminal activity pays like less than a free lance job unless you are in an offical faction of 35 people with import power, even then you wont be getting a ton of money from it unless you are at the top 

That’s not true if you take the time to plan it out it pays very well, I myself have made 65k from a bank robbery before along with 5-6 others, other time I used to make 30-45k once again along with 5-6 other, this has been in the past and I’ve been unable to play the server however I do not think anything has changed.

1 minute ago, amazezzz said:

The rule was made to stop 30 hostage situations a day from occurring, you have to look at it from a Police Officers perspective it gets pretty annoying to have to deal with 10 hostage situations a day where it takes so much time and effort and people to control it, sometimes there could be low amount of Police on duty where hostage situations are not able to be dealt with as it takes a lot of effort and etc, the rule was implanted so you could still have the hostage rp but also put some time in between it, if you’re not comfortable doing a bank robbery stores are always a option so are car chopping and many other options the server can offer.

somewhat understandable, but i also hear PD say theyre bored and pull people over for no reason because they are bored. Police do consistently MG particularly illegal firearms we really need a holster system or concealed carry, two things that were suggest forum posts months ago with significant support that went no where, with no reply. Doing other forms of low level criminal crime legit makes no money. if you did the math you would make more driving the bus. Even if i had a gang of 2 rob 5 stores simultaneously  they still make max 13k total. divided by 10 people. 

You’re going off topic but however if the problem is “money” maybe run criminal events such as underground fight clubs where you’d charge 2-3k per person per entry or chop cars, or find evidence of someone commuting a crime and blackmail them, maybe run a underground gambling for people where you would once again take a percentage of the money etc. the options are endless

3 minutes ago, amazezzz said:

The rule was made to stop 30 hostage situations a day from occurring, you have to look at it from a Police Officers perspective it gets pretty annoying to have to deal with 10 hostage situations a day where it takes so much time and effort and people to control it, sometimes there could be low amount of Police on duty where hostage situations are not able to be dealt with as it takes a lot of effort and etc, the rule was implanted so you could still have the hostage rp but also put some time in between it, if you’re not comfortable doing a bank robbery stores are always a option so are car chopping and many other options the server can offer.

I understand it's annoying for the PD but it's also annoying for everyone else when their force is so big, that nothing can ever be done to counter them without an army. Each cop is built like a superhero out of an anime. Grocery store robberies are an absolute joke as well, I've don't countless stores and 70% of the time you get caught to no fault of your own, just one of the 40 police officers on the server rolling by and charging in immidiently, then have fun with your 3 hour prison sentence. Every single criminal I have spoken to in this game has called me an idiot for even bothering with those grocery store heists 

Just now, Joey Figliani said:

I understand it's annoying for the PD but it's also annoying for everyone else when their force is so big, that nothing can ever be done to counter them without an army. Each cop is built like a superhero out of an anime. Grocery store robberies are an absolute joke as well, I've don't countless stores and 70% of the time you get caught to no fault of your own, just one of the 40 police officers on the server rolling by and charging in immidiently, then have fun with your 3 hour prison sentence. Every single criminal I have spoken to in this game has called me an idiot for even bothering with those grocery store heists 

The PoliceForce is supposed to be large and overpowered, when have you seen a situation in IRL where 4-5 criminals 5v30 the police force and win? Or when have u seen only 4 cops respond to a bank robbery??? 

2 minutes ago, amazezzz said:

That’s not true if you take the time to plan it out it pays very well, I myself have made 65k from a bank robbery before along with 5-6 others, other time I used to make 30-45k once again along with 5-6 other, this has been in the past and I’ve been unable to play the server however I do not think anything has changed.

sure that is the case. even if you make 65k you are limited to one a week, and theres a good chance you dont get away with the money due to the PDs insane numbers and unlimited tools. In order to improve the situation, either nerf PD, or loosen restrictions on criminal activity, Or buff the cash from some lower level criminal activities. And to reply to the potential archiving of the post, the discussion was not bashing staff, just asking to address the issues we see and that many others see and have asked about in the past only to be banned for mentioning it.

8 minutes ago, jason said:

Please keep this on topic by discussing server script improvements and roleplay standards. 

If this continues as a pd vs crim or bashing server staff post, it’ll be archived. 

I started this topic to discuss the poor amount of feedback that is appreciated as well as considered for the server. We are simply discussing sub-topics we think need improving, which naturally leads on from this. If there is a problem that involves crim vs pd, why isn't this the place to talk about it? We aren't all trying to focus on that one point and none of us are "bashing staff".  I simply made a post that has already quickly made a lot of traction and is exactly the point im trying to make. There are clearly lots of people who do not think the systems, scripts and content you have right now are by any means perfect, and there is A LOT to improve on, thus we are giving feedback. This is a prime example of something that is commonly disregarded, as explained in the original post. 

I want to keep this as civil as possible but please let us get our points across, because its frustrating to see so many do it in the wrong way. 

Edited by enantioM

1 minute ago, strangur said:

sure that is the case. even if you make 65k you are limited to one a week, and theres a good chance you dont get away with the money due to the PDs insane numbers and unlimited tools. In order to improve the situation, either nerf PD, or loosen restrictions on criminal activity, Or buff the cash from some lower level criminal activities. And to reply to the potential archiving of the post, the discussion was not bashing staff, just asking to address the issues we see and that many others see and have asked about in the past only to be banned for mentioning it.

You can rob as many banks as you want a day, you are just limited to one hostage situation a week, you don’t need a hostage to rob a bank.

1 minute ago, amazezzz said:

The PoliceForce is supposed to be large and overpowered, when have you seen a situation in IRL where 4-5 criminals 5v30 the police force and win? Or when have u seen only 4 cops respond to a bank robbery??? 

Are you saying in a gunfight it's usually impossible for a 1v1 with a criminal to win? If you really want to pull the realism card, it shouldn't take 6 shots to the head of a police officer with a .50 caliber pistol to down 

Just now, Joey Figliani said:

Are you saying in a gunfight it's usually impossible for a 1v1 with a criminal to win? If you really want to pull the realism card, it shouldn't take 6 shots to the head of a police officer with a .50 caliber pistol to down 

As @jasonsaid let’s keep the topic off PD vs Crim as the topic isn’t about that.

I appreciate everybody here has their own opinion, which is great. However, I'm really trying my best to highlight how almost nobody with power is taking any of these suggestions into consideration. Development and patch-notes reflect that very clearly, and despite how much following, upvotes and agreement there seems to be with some points on the server, nothing is every carried through. The systems are not perfect, and I'm not targeting any member of staff because of that, but we really want things to change for the better to make it an enjoyable experience. Many many people here feel like their suggestions are not appreciated because of how little effort there has been to both add more content and listen to their suggestions. 

I don’t want to add anymore fuel to this fire, even though I fully agree with everything here.  I see from the admins point of view there’s little incentive to build everything from the ground up.  But I’m gonna give my two cents anyways.  I think this server has a dedicated enough player base to make paying to play on it a standard, and before I’m shit on for this I think it would really incentivize the server owners to put in more effort and have the means to pay people to make these suggestions a reality.  Another one of my main complaints from the beginning is the damage modifiers on this server are abysmal.  There is no reason I should have to empty half my clip into someone’s head to kill them.  It not only ruins the immersiveness of what is supposed to be an rp server, but encourages these huge zergs/gangs to lay waist to anyone in their paths.  I was followed back to my house by a gang and I radioed in my boys, who completely blinded sided them and didn’t miss a single shot.  But because of the sheer size of this gang it was like a mosquito attack and my friends were annihilated in seconds despite the fact that they laid into them.  My house was promptly bolt cuttered into and we lost everything.  They need to add one taps to the head to people with no body armor and make a rule that if you’re doing criminal activity it can’t be in groups larger than 6.  Another thing is car accidents are no big deal, if you are going over 150kmph and crash you should not be walking away from that.  This just promotes reckless driving and less rp situations.  The amount of times a bus driver or some maniac has ran me over in the city or Paledo is just ridiculous.

2 minutes ago, Lou The Fig Figliani said:

I don’t want to add anymore fuel to this fire, even though I fully agree with everything here.  I see from the admins point of view there’s little incentive to build everything from the ground up.  But I’m gonna give my two cents anyways.  I think this server has a dedicated enough player base to make paying to play on it a standard, and before I’m shit on for this I think it would really incentivize the server owners to put in more effort and have the means to pay people to make these suggestions a reality.  Another one of my main complaints from the beginning is the damage modifiers on this server are abysmal.  There is no reason I should have to empty half my clip into someone’s head to kill them.  It not only ruins the immersiveness of what is supposed to be an rp server, but encourages these huge zergs/gangs to lay waist to anyone in their paths.  I was followed back to my house by a gang and I radioed in my boys, who completely blinded sided them and didn’t miss a single shot.  But because of the sheer size of this gang it was like a mosquito attack and my friends were annihilated in seconds despite the fact that they laid into them.  My house was promptly bolt cuttered into and we lost everything.  They need to add one taps to the head to people with no body armor and make a rule that if you’re doing criminal activity it can’t be in groups larger than 6.  Another thing is car accidents are no big deal, if you are going over 150kmph and crash you should not be walking away from that.  This just promotes reckless driving and less rp situations.  The amount of times a bus driver or some maniac has ran me over in the city or Paledo is just ridiculous.

+1!!!!!!!

Simply put, zero relevant content is being added. Things that many have actively and positively advocated for months on end are simply swept under the mat. We do not feel valued at all, with topics being closed when criticism is fairly dealt. If you provide a platform for your community to give you feedback on what is right and wrong, it's terrible to throw it back at our face and dismiss all these people providing some amazing feedback. 

13 minutes ago, Lou The Fig Figliani said:

Another thing is car accidents are no big deal, if you are going over 150kmph and crash you should not be walking away from that.  This just promotes reckless driving and less rp situations.  The amount of times a bus driver or some maniac has ran me over in the city or Paledo is just ridiculous.

You're more than free to report driving like this and failure to RP car crashes, it's considered NonRP.

There 100% needs to be more incentive for legal jobs. All the payouts are absolutely abysmal. Nothing is worth it. Not only are the payouts not good, but the jobs are straight up not fun at all. Everything feels like such a grind. That's why we see 100 people just sitting at the pier fishing. It's NOT because fishing is fun, its because its the most mindless thing you can possibly do to make money in order to make any progress on the server. And although RP is not about progression, some of the more interesting stuff in the game requires money to achieve. 

Make some of the legal jobs pay more and have built in systems to promote player interaction. Pizza delivery jobs that can be summoned with an app on a phone, anything. Even the real jobs like DOC are stupid low payouts. I was offered to work there and when asked how much is the payout. I was told maximum of 8k an hour. Like cmon guys, 8k an hour? I can make more by fishing or mining. It really comes down to the horrible grind of this server, how am I sopposed to feel encouraged to work in the prison, the most toxic enviornment (story for another post), for a couple of cheeseburgers and gas??

4 minutes ago, Joey Figliani said:

There 100% needs to be more incentive for legal jobs. All the payouts are absolutely abysmal. Nothing is worth it. Not only are the payouts not good, but the jobs are straight up not fun at all. Everything feels like such a grind. That's why we see 100 people just sitting at the pier fishing. It's NOT because fishing is fun, its because its the most mindless thing you can possibly do to make money in order to make any progress on the server. And although RP is not about progression, some of the more interesting stuff in the game requires money to achieve. 

Make some of the legal jobs pay more and have built in systems to promote player interaction. Pizza delivery jobs that can be summoned with an app on a phone, anything. Even the real jobs like DOC are stupid low payouts. I was offered to work there and when asked how much is the payout. I was told maximum of 8k an hour. Like cmon guys, 8k an hour? I can make more by fishing or mining. It really comes down to the horrible grind of this server, how am I sopposed to feel encouraged to work in the prison, the most toxic enviornment (story for another post), for a couple of cheeseburgers and gas??

The goal of the server isn't to make as much money as you can and buy everything you want, it's to roleplay. Yes, money can help with this, but it's not the thing you should be focusing on. Joining a faction isn't about making money, it's about joining a community of people to make friends and roleplay with. Script jobs pay significantly more than faction jobs to balance out the loss of roleplay by doing them.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, jason said:

The goal of the server isn't to make as much money as you can and buy everything you want, it's to roleplay. Yes, money can help with this, but it's not the thing you should be focusing on. Joining a faction isn't about making money, it's about joining a community of people to make friends and roleplay with. Script jobs pay significantly more than faction jobs to balance out the loss of roleplay by doing them.

Ok but see? Everything we say here is getting half read and ignored and cast aside. I acknowledged previously in what I just said that I am well aware it's not all about the money. I get that. But like I just said, you need money in order to create more interesting RP sometimes. What if I want to open up a shop? Or make a party island? Or set up an event somewhere? All these things require you to have some sort of capital in order to pull them off. Sure you can create interesting RP without money, but there is no excuse for the terrible terrible grind on this server. Jobs should pay out more in order to create those interesting scenarios. This game should not feel like an MMO, money should be plentiful so everyone is capable of actually achieving their characcter goals without having to sacrifice 100s of hours of your life grinding boring and monotonous point and click jobs. 

• Like 1

What I honestly got most from this Post is that, you are in it more for the money and the grind then the RP. You said that the RP is in general bad, but this entire post was about robbing banks and how shitty the Freelance jobs are. Maybe try some other things such as join DCC or LSC/Bayview! Robbing banks is fun and all but it really doesn't get RPd well. It is the same every time, "Run in, Leave the Fall guy with the hostage and go". and the prison sentence is the thing that makes them not overpowered, people tend to lean away because of 10 hours in prison, also the hostage thing, makes it less overpowered, In real life no one EVER robs bank after bank after bank. Those rules make everything more immersive and fun. and I have made 600k before doing banks so this 10-20k thing is VERY false.

disclaimer: This is just my opinion, everyone is subject to one.

18 minutes ago, jason said:

Thats true sure still there are serious improvements small and large that could and should be made that are not. Not saying this as i want to bring up the development teams failures I just want to play in a city where we are heard and any changes are implemented. We make posts saying we want better prison RP with detailed explanation, support from other admins, nothing. Similar for minor police nerfs for realism, still nothing. More jobs? not that either. how about quality of life like improving the motorcycles gas tanks so they are useable? still no. every topic i mentioned has one or more forum posts with multiple pages of support and replies some are 6+ months old still receiving support and not a word from an admin or anyone... on anything. Even if you commented, "we cant do this at this time but good idea" or something it would be more valid. The progress does appear to be stopped and thats very unfortunate. 

17 minutes ago, Joey Figliani said:

Ok but see? Everything we say here is getting half read and ignored and cast aside. I acknowledged previously in what I just said that I am well aware it's not all about the money. I get that. But like I just said, you need money in order to create more interesting RP sometimes. What if I want to open up a shop? Or make a party island? Or set up an event somewhere? All these things require you to have some sort of capital in order to pull them off. Sure you can create interesting RP without money, but there is no excuse for the terrible terrible grind on this server. Jobs should pay out more in order to create those interesting scenarios. This game should not feel like an MMO, money should be plentiful so everyone is capable of actually achieving their characcter goals without having to sacrifice 100s of hours of your life grinding boring and monotonous point and click jobs. 

You don't need a ton of money to open an RP business. You can rent already owned islands for parties rather than buying an entire island. The types of people who own islands aren't people that just work at a mechanic shop or work bus jobs. If you want to make a lot of money, there's very simple ways of doing so, you just need to seek out people who have done it to tell you how. Sometimes it's luck, but most of the time it's because the person knows what they're doing. If everyone got paid more, assets would cost more and nothing would be different other than the amount of 0s following the numbers. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Socalebvoll said:

What I honestly got most from this Post is that, you are in it more for the money and the grind then the RP. You said that the RP is in general bad, but this entire post was about robbing banks and how shitty the Freelance jobs are. Maybe try some other things such as join DCC or LSC/Bayview! Robbing banks is fun and all but it really doesn't get RPd well. It is the same every time, "Run in, Leave the Fall guy with the hostage and go". and the prison sentence is the thing that makes them not overpowered, people tend to lean away because of 10 hours in prison, also the hostage thing, makes it less overpowered, In real life no one EVER robs bank after bank after bank. Those rules make everything more immersive and fun. and I have made 600k before doing banks so this 10-20k thing is VERY false.

The 10-20k cut figure is as accurate as it can get in a big group, you took that completely out of context. And when you say bank robberies dont get RP'd well is why I brought up how the standards have dropped, and me and my group of friends that actively participate in bank robberies are, without being cocky, ensuring we do our very very best to create humorous and unique interactions with the negotiator for example. 

The hostage rule in place is to prevent 30 hostage situations per day from happening. How about making robbing banks not the only viable form of making a bit of money so people stop doing them as much? I play Joey Boots Figliani, I want to open up a pizzaria, I dont even want to rob banks. But the alternatives are abysmal. You say that this RP server is not about the money, and I 100% agree. But then why overbalance it so hard so that it makes it really hard for ANYONE to have money?

Money should be plentiful. It should not matter at all who is rich, or who is not. It does not matter if you have a sports car or not, or a fancy apartment. It only begins to matter when that's what your CHARACTER wants. I do not want to be a fisherman, I do not want to be a postal worker, that is not my character. I should not have to grind for 100+ hours in order to achieve one of my character goals. My character shouldnt have to go to the mines for an hour, and spend half of what I just earned on a $500 burger, $500 water bottle, and $3000 of gas. 

Money should be plentiful, it should be easy to get money, because it does not matter, the point of the money is to play out you character correctly. So if you are just grinding in order to get the best shit even though that conflicts with your character ideals, there starts to be a problem. As an RP dev team, your job is to weed out the grinders, and bring in the RPers. But you guys shoot yourself in the foot so hard, by making the only way to live out your characters goals, as small as they may be, requires an absolutely stupid and unforgivable amount of time to do so. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Socalebvoll said:

read the post its about changes not being implemented that have significant support over months and months and anyone criticizing is smited or silenced. Banks was an example of the poor state of the RP and how it could be fixed. 600k divided by minimum 6-7 guys is 100k... if you get out with all of it which is hard when the police can basically do any and everything and do. Helicopters supers 26 cruisers, storm the bank automatic weapons body armor. again people said they had too much power nothing changed. And it is very apparent that they have too much power please watch any police offer stream ECRP on duty you will see. on top of that its just the suggestions falling on deaf ears. We want improved RP in prisons, implemented changes for free lance or scripted faction jobs and so on... and if you read the forums you can see they get a ton of support and never go anywhere.

Why are these things not being actively polled and voted on by the community? 

33 minutes ago, jason said:

As you said here, legal jobs have very little interaction and roleplay. This is really what we are all talking about in this case; the fact that these jobs are on a roleplaying server, when no roleplaying is encouraged through them. Hundreds of people have suggested new jobs simply because these do no accommodate such a thing. I think this is why people want to have more money from them just because of how boring and non-interactive they are and to compensate for that.  I brought up the lack of interesting criminal activities because the potential roleplaying from things such as NPC house robberies, Oxy runs, jewelry shop robbery, illegal street racing system, prison breakouts... are so much more appealing right now, a small list of examples that have all been suggested. 

Edited by enantioM