DanisXR

Waiting on application.

3 minutes ago, DanisXR said:

I would ask this question in the discord server, however I am unable to join, but why is my application taking so long to be looked over, it's been almost 2 days and I'm still waiting on a response.

Yoooooooooooo facts.

I got denied twice, and on those first two try's, it only took them like 6-8 hours to reply. On my third try, I think I didn't hear from them for like 2 or 3 days, give or take. Just keep your mind occupied on something else for another day or so, They will get to you.

Hi,

The staff team is comprised of community members who volunteer their free time to answer questions, moderate the server, and then also go through community applications. Recently, there's been a pretty significant influx of new players wanting to join the community so we've seen hundreds of applications coming in each day. We do our best to keep wait times down, but with 500+ applications at a time,  it can take a little while for everyone to get their apps reviewed. Right now, we aim to keep it under 72 hours.

How are you guys getting denied on the application?

I'm didn't write paragraphs and paragraphs on my answers, but everything in the application was pretty straight forward. Just waiting on the review now.

Are they super stringent with the apps? or are you guys just phoning in your answers and using bad grammar? If I had known the wait was 72+ hours, I might have spent a little more time on it.

Edited by JeffCraig

2 hours ago, JeffCraig said:

How are you guys getting denied on the application?

I'm didn't write paragraphs and paragraphs on my answers, but everything in the application was pretty straight forward. Just waiting on the review now.

Are they super stringent with the apps? or are you guys just phoning in your answers and using bad grammar? If I had known the wait was 72+ hours, I might have spent a little more time on it.

I think it may also be dependent upon who is reviewing your application, in my opinion. Different people have different standards, so one person reviewing your application might think that it's great, while another person may think your entire app needs revising. I think a big percentage of denied apps are done so because of 1 reason, sometimes 2. So getting denied one or more times probably doesn't mean that you are a trash writer. Most of the time, it might just be the staff pushing you to add in just a little more flavor in order to make your character unique. 

Also, popular server = many applications, and I'm sure there are only a certain amount that can be comfortably approved in order to keep stress off of the game server. But, I could just be pulling all of that out of my arse. What do I know, heh.