adsta_lynx

ECRP usable services when players aren't available to RP it.

I have had a lot of instances now where I have had to wait hours IRL for services in game, such as waiting for DOC guards to get items back, waiting for officers at the desk and waiting for mechanics. I do not want to deprive anyone roleplaying these services. But I believe this in itself deprives other players of roleplay who have to wait around for hours for these services. Some people may come on wanting to roleplay but just end up standing waiting for a mechanic for 2 hours etc. I have a few suggestions and would love to here peoples opinions. 

Mechanics recovery
A lot of the time especially early hours there may only be a couple of mechanics online, they may not have the ability to tow vehicles or may not want to leave due to being the only one on duty at there shop.
I suggest implementing a system where after 15 minutes of making a mechanics request for recovery that goes unanswered where you are RPLY given instructions on how to temporarily repair your own vehicle, this could be a script that would phone you and give you instructions over the phone how to fix your vehicle. You would then have to RP fixing your own vehicle which would give it enough health to allow you to drive it yourself to the mechanics to be repaired. 

Police desk
I suggest adding a command which notifies officers that there is someone waiting around the front desk that requires assistance. Sometimes officers don't realise anyone is waiting, other times they may be busy. 
After 15 minutes of using the command I believe there should be another command to give you access to your locker if your request goes unanswered to allow you to get items back after being arrested. 

DOC
I suggest a similiar thing to the police desk, if a DOC guard does not arrive after 15 minutes you get another command to access your locker to get your items back. Although this is a rare case at DOC it does happen. 

Impound
I suggest after using the /release command that after 15 minutes if an officer has not arrived you would be able to run another command to get a UI similar to mors, which if you have no active tickets and you have a license you would be able to release your own vehicle. 

I believe 15 minutes is a reasonable amount of time to not deprive people of roleplay who are a part of the services mentioned above and that 15 minutes is a reasonable amount of time for someone to wait for these services before having to use the options suggested above. I am open to any suggestions on the above

• Like 3
  • Upvote 9

On 3/20/2021 at 10:56 AM, adsta_lynx said:

I suggest adding a command which notifies officers that there is someone waiting around the front desk that requires assistance. Sometimes officers don't realise anyone is waiting, other times they may be busy. 
After 15 minutes of using the command I believe there should be another command to give you access to your locker if your request goes unanswered to allow you to get items back after being arrested.

On 3/20/2021 at 10:56 AM, adsta_lynx said:

I suggest after using the /release command that after 15 minutes if an officer has not arrived you would be able to run another command to get a UI similar to mors, which if you have no active tickets and you have a license you would be able to release your own vehicle. 

I believe 15 minutes is a reasonable amount of time to not deprive people of roleplay who are a part of the services mentioned above and that 15 minutes is a reasonable amount of time for someone to wait for these services before having to use the options suggested above. I am open to any suggestions on the above

For the accessing your locker is a -1 there is a reason why it’s not at the front and available as the officer may not have put your stuff in it and you have just waisted 15 minutes waiting to get that option. For the impound it’s a -1 as OFFICER has the opportunity to check your record to see if you are wanted or not same goes for if you don’t have a VALID license or you have a bunch of tickets pending.

Edited by Tacoface173

16 minutes ago, Tacoface173 said:

For the accessing your locker is a -1 there is a reason why it’s not at the front and available as the officer may not have put your stuff in it and you have just waisted 15 minutes waiting to get that option. For the impound it’s a -1 as OFFICER has the opportunity to check your record to see if you are wanted or not same goes for if you don’t have a VALID license or you have a bunch of tickets pending.

You could easily script the warrants into the UI to check with the license and ticket check as mentioned.

Edited by KarlDavidson

+1 

Whilst I like that a lot of scripts require player to player interaction I feel like this would be a good compromise for when there are no players available for that roleplay and it's hindering the person waiting on it from roleplaying themselves.

• Like 1

On 3/20/2021 at 2:56 PM, adsta_lynx said:

Mechanics recovery

+1 for this, as I've commented on several suggestions like this, just a way to maybe jump-start your car to get it to the bare minimum to take it to a mechanic (where another crash would stall it again) would be a nice compromise that doesn't take away mechanic RP as your car will still need servicing.

Police desk

+1 Similar to the /ringprison at DOC, but for PD and SD. Would be nice to not need to dial 911 or find a cop car about for a non-emergency. However with your complaints about the impound, I'm not sure how effective this would even be.

DOC

-1 The stuff in lockers does not disappear after X amount of time like when we stored stuff on the floor before the lockers update. If there's nobody about, just come back later it's that simple. 

Impound

-1 I get the frustration, I've had that many times myself but I think impound interaction with a police officer is something that shouldn't be scripted to be automatic. Instead I'd prefer more of an IC push to get them to be more active with it where possible as opposed to scripting it like you suggest.

• Like 1

Personally, it is a minus -1, but I do think there is a better alternative.

Have a minimum officers/DOC/mechanics on duty at a time, if the requirement is not met, then you would be able to use the features on your own.

It is similar to how stores/bank robberies are scripted. Meaning that during peak hours, you should be able to have those features locked behind the respective factions, but during down times, you would not be stuck and players who play during those times wouldn't be punished.

4 hours ago, CaesarSeizure said:

Personally, it is a minus -1, but I do think there is a better alternative.

Have a minimum officers/DOC/mechanics on duty at a time, if the requirement is not met, then you would be able to use the features on your own.

It is similar to how stores/bank robberies are scripted. Meaning that during peak hours, you should be able to have those features locked behind the respective factions, but during down times, you would not be stuck and players who play during those times wouldn't be punished.

This is a brilliant idea in theory, same as the current option in regards to repairing your vehicle, if 1 person is online but not doing there job then its unusable for everyone else. 

Im all for ideas, theres a lot of frustration waiting for these services when no one is around. Sacrificing 1 persons RP for another's. 

9 hours ago, Tacoface173 said:

The idea for the locker is that if there is no officer on the front desk then you will be able to do it yourself. I would rather wait 15 minutes to find this out than wait half an hour to an hour to then find the same information out. 

This is the same issue for the impound, this can be scripted to check if you are wanted, have a license and have 0 tickets. I am after solutions to a problem. 

Possible solutions to the suggested.

• Mechanics Recovery - Tools should be available, but more expensive than mechanic services, to encourage using mechanics instead.
  • Police Desk - Should have a /buzzer that notifies the department and adds a call to their queue. If pressed again, by another, or the same (5min cooldown) then it deletes the previous and posts a new call.
  • DOC (and other departments with lockers) - Add a mailbox near these area, if provided with a home address and can ship items to the home. Shipping while on duty would take money from faction treasury instead of bank.
  • Impound - /impound request should add a call to the department queue. If pressed again, by another, or the same (5min cooldown) then it deletes the previous and posts a new call.

Moved to Gov Section.

• Like 2

On 4/7/2021 at 5:58 PM, Xoza said:

Possible solutions to the suggested.

• Mechanics Recovery - Tools should be available, but more expensive than mechanic services, to encourage using mechanics instead.
  • Police Desk - Should have a /buzzer that notifies the department and adds a call to their queue. If pressed again, by another, or the same (5min cooldown) then it deletes the previous and posts a new call.
  • DOC (and other departments with lockers) - Add a mailbox near these area, if provided with a home address and can ship items to the home. Shipping while on duty would take money from faction treasury instead of bank.
  • Impound - /impound request should add a call to the department queue. If pressed again, by another, or the same (5min cooldown) then it deletes the previous and posts a new call.

Moved to Gov Section.

I think the solutions provided here by @Xoza would solve all the issues that were talked about here. I love the mailbox one, especially since I found out that you can actually send items through the mail, haha.

• Like 1