Dirty Mike

Educate staff on the building rules

Ive owned a property for over a year, I bought the property with a garage attached on it, It was built well nothing floating, all the walls perfect, I had an admin marker left on it saying to fix the jail doors which were touching the ground and square up the roof, when I did that I requested for the admin marker to be removed, upon that happening I had multiple admins or or mods come and give me different notes to make additional changes to it, I was told it was unrealistic, I was told walls aren't allowed to be used anymore because we have fences, When I was told by the first person to fix the jail door and line up the roof and I would be good to go. These are the stated building rules 

• Players may only build structures on property owned or given permissions to.
  • Structures must not be placed during active RP or to create obscene shapes.
  • Structures must follow rules of real world physics. i.e. Furniture cannot be floating.
  • Property storage spaces must be accessible, visible, and not blocked by structures.

Its Kind of frustrating when every different staff members gets to interpret the rules in the way they want to, and considering I made no changes to the build since i had bought the property, even if the rules changed the build should of been grandfathered in, but with no warning I log back in to all the building just disassembled sitting on the ground... Nice

• Like 2

One instance a mod asked me to lower a wall because one part wasent touching the ground as the ground was uneven, I fixed it and it moved the wall lower down, they asked if I needed more walls and teleported me to the furniture  store and back to my property so I could replace the just lowered wall to the same height, Would really appreciate a response from some higher ups on these issues 

• Like 1

Id like to Echo @DirtyMike frustration in regard to random building decisions.  The notification time line seems random at best. I have personally had stuff ripped down in 24hrs where I see people have warnings for literally months and they dont get it removed? There is from what I can see no structure at all in regards to notification and timelines. People spend easily 50k+ only to have it removed and picked by the vultures when an admin randomly removes it all. 

Surely the person should be held accountable for why its x or y and why its being removed? 

• Like 1

+1, spent literal actual hours creating this structure when an Admin marker popped up stating to remove the watchtower (Hunters Hide asset on top of the build in the video).
https://imgur.com/a/qvFvkKk

The rest of the neighbors with hunters hide got the same message, albeit with a funny quip added.
https://imgur.com/a/zvW8Wuw

/report 1'd to ask if the hunters hide asset was the issue, to be told I now actually needed to remove the entire thing. 

Feel like it's luck of the draw based on the admin you get that deals with the report at that time; note how the remove request only comes in the /report and is not specified in the admin marker.

image.png.ca0e6c35edc114350e4e9eae5094ca85.png

Sort it out admins, unwritten rules can't be followed, and this opinion-based system is wasting players (at least for me) time.

Note: the furniture is called One sided Lrg Glass, so you'd think it was OK to buy with it being in the furniture store

Edited by Mortimer Hauch
  • Like 1
  • PogU 1

I'm not a staff member, but I'm the person that submitted the new furniture to be added to the server including the one sided glass. 

First of all, I want to commend you on your building skills. It's very nicely put together with supporting beams so you've took into consideration the weight of the structure and such.
I'm not too sure about the hunter hide on top if I'm completely honest but that's just my taste.

In my opinion, I think your structure was really nicely made and I don't see the issue with the glass. If there is an issue with using one side glass objects, then surely that has been raised?

• Like 3

Immediately got stonewalled with "READ THE RULES ON POSTING" by @jason, so I'm posting the entire thing below instead:

I've spent $6000 on two pieces of glass furniture that I can't use. I know this is below the rule limit, but I believe this is an exceptional case due to the following information taken directly from Philoop

You've implemented this on the server for purchase at the explicit submission of another player whilst knowing it is a "bugged" furniture that is against the rules. 

I think this could stem from the disconnect of rule knowledge between the admins and moderators, or even the person who added this "bugged" furniture to the store, and I believe I shouldn't be subject to this loss based on the above sentence.

@Philoop, care to discuss on why this was implemented on the server and is purchasable whilst knowing it is a bugged furniture can never be used?

• Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.