Percival

San Andreas National Guard (SANG)

San Andreas National Guard

A military reserve faction.

Mission: The SANG’s mission will be to enlist able body men and women to serve on a reserve basis. 

Disclaimer: National Guard does not have to be a daily functional faction for the most part, and can serve in its very nature a reserve armed forces. Like the National Guard in real life, this faction can also be similar in nature. Activity would be measured by the drills a soldier participates in or operations. Active duty deployments could only be activated by the Commissioners, of which will 99% of the time be of a non-combative nature (i.e. security for wide events, convoys, mass construction, transport of items/persons, providing manpower assistance to law enforcement, or correctional officers. This will provide a different field of roleplay on the server that players can have. While leadership positions such as Military Officers (Lieutenant -> General) will be required to maintain a more day to day active functions to organize training and operations, the enlisted soldier will not be required to maintain a day to day activity, only to partake in training operations when called upon.

Monthly Drills:

• Hosted 3 or 4 times a Month.
  • Weapons Training at Fort Zancudo

• Vehicles Training at Fort Zancudo

• Training Operations in…

• Fort Zancudo

• Forest

• Desert

• Urban/Metro Los Santos

Active Duty Operations

• Event security management

• Traffic and Physical Security

• Natural Disaster

• Emergency Crisis Response

Who can enlist?

• Citizens of San Andreas who meets certain number of years of residency in San Andreas (( 7000 XP ))

• Clean Criminal History of Serious Misdemeanors and Felonies.

Activity and Functions:

• All enlisted members of the National Guard between the ranks of Recruit-Staff Sergeant will function as a reservist.

• Enlisted members will be require to attend training/drills 3 times a month

• All military officers from Lieutenant-General will function as both reserve and Active Duty Members.

• Military Officers will maintain the functions of the National Guard and its organization.

• The National Guard may only be activated to deploy for Active Duty by the Commissioners.

Rank Structure

• Major - Command of National Guard

• Captain - 2nd in Command of National Guard

• Lieutenant - Command of Platoon

• Staff Sergeant - Commands a Squad

• Sergeant - Supervisor

• Corporal, Private First Class, Private - Enlisted Ranks

• Recruit

• New enlistee, undergoes Basic Training before graduating and being promoted to Private.

Promotion of Enlistment Ranks based on time served (i.e. Private - Private First Class [1 month of service], Sergeant - Staff Sergeant [3 months of service as Sergeant],

Promotion of Officer ranks based on time served, merit, and vacancy (i.e. Lieutenant - Captain [4 months served as LT, vacant Captain position to command a company, exceptional merit of service evaluated).

Divisions

• 9th Infantry Platoon

• Military Police Squadron

• Provide security service at the order of the Commissioners/Generals

• Crisis Management Squadron

• 10th Administrative Platoon

• Human Resources Division

• Basic Training Division

Edited by Percival
  • Upvote 1

The highest rank of such a force should probably be at best a Major, not a General. A General is in command of literally hundreds if not thousands of personnel and is many steps removed from what the everyman is up to.  IMO if you're really serious about this, limit it to Company level which is roughly 100 personnel, plus support. It will be a lot easier to organize platoons and squads, rather than fleshing out an entire battalion or a regiment.  A squad is 9-10 guys, 4 squads to a platoon, and 3-4 platoons to a company if they are fully staffed.

If it ever takes off I'd also like to see legitimate radio traffic, because radio etiquette is pretty different from what everybody is used to.

Having said all that, I know a lot of people are really angry about the idea of the National Guard and I know the staff team at least in my experience seems reluctant to really pursue this idea. I'm also kinda concerned that this would just be a vehicle for people to learn tactics and then apply those to their criminal career, whether that's through leaving the faction and starting crim stuff, or metagaming the skills they'd learn onto other characters either intentionally or unintentionally (it's hard to unlearn things that you drill over and over), as an example this is already an existing problem with people that have alts in law enforcement factions.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Victor Einhart said:

The highest rank of such a force should probably be at best a Major, not a General. A General is in command of literally hundreds if not thousands of personnel and is many steps removed from what the everyman is up to.  IMO if you're really serious about this, limit it to Company level which is roughly 100 personnel, plus support. It will be a lot easier to organize platoons and squads, rather than fleshing out an entire battalion or a regiment.  A squad is 9-10 guys, 4 squads to a platoon, and 3-4 platoons to a company if they are fully staffed.

If it ever takes off I'd also like to see legitimate radio traffic, because radio etiquette is pretty different from what everybody is used to.

Having said all that, I know a lot of people are really angry about the idea of the National Guard and I know the staff team at least in my experience seems reluctant to really pursue this idea. I'm also kinda concerned that this would just be a vehicle for people to learn tactics and then apply those to their criminal career, whether that's through leaving the faction and starting crim stuff, or metagaming the skills they'd learn onto other characters either intentionally or unintentionally (it's hard to unlearn things that you drill over and over), as an example this is already an existing problem with people that have alts in law enforcement factions.

Taking your points into consideration. Thank you very much for providing your comments.

Suggestion revised for the following

• Highest rank; Major
  • Highest Group; Company

Communication: Can be set to military communication standards depending on the decisions by its leadership.

Problem: The problem I see and other members of the community sees the current "National Guard" as is an admin faction. Exclusive group of which contains mostly admins. The intentions of this group is to respond to high level emergencies which is only and has only been shown for 'combative' situations. That is the reason for the anger some members experience and feel.

Solution: This suggestion for one provides the idea that it should be a faction that any player could join if IC and OOC requirements are met, not exclusive to administrators or special members of the community. Secondly, as for action and mission, 99% of its missions or duties will NOT be combative, but humanitarian, supplementation of services, security of large scale events, displays, large scale construction and development, etc. Like the actual National Guards IRL, yes there is a combative side to it being that its military, but there is also a LARGE ARRAY of non-combative missions and operations that NG provides. As for tactical experience and knowledge, combative training operations can be organized, and if a player learns it to use on any character so be it. That is an unavoidable factor. The same problem in PD/SD cannot be solved. As long as they are not meta-gaming information, there's no real circumstance to them not using Close Quarter Combat tactics on their other characters if taught on one. Regardless of factions, people could always learn it out of the server to then apply in-game and as said its an unavoidable circumstance.

This is a roleplay server, and just because an organization is "military" does not necessarily mean it needs to see real combat on the server ALL of the time. 1% of the time is reasonable, and the other 99% of the time would be spent training, and conducting non-combative missions.

Players can participate in training operations in the forest, desert, urban. Players can learn how to operate certain vehicles, weapons and etc. Players could roleplay stepping away from their civilian life or jobs (factions) and answer the call for duty. 

Example:

John Smith who is a fisherman, enlists in the National Guard, and every weekend, is required to attend a training operation. John Smith packs his bags and uniform, and drives to Fort Zancudo where he will participate in 1 or 2 drills over the weekend, and afterwards return to his civilian lifestyle where he either fishes at the pier, or goes on duty as a police officer, medic, etc.

Amid natural disasters or crisis, John Smith will be at home watching news on Weazle, before he received an email activating his duty status from reserve to active duty. John Smith receives orders to report to Fort Zancudo immediately along with many other soldiers. John Smith kisses his wife and children and says his goodbyes. John and other soldiers are are organized by their NCO and Military Officers to take dashhound buses throughout the primary areas of San Andreas; Paleto Bay, Blaine County, Los Santos, and pick up pedestrians in need of shelter and support in anticipation of a hurricane, tsunami, heavy rain or snow fall... 

Realistic Scenario:

John Smith is at the Pier fishing one day, and talking to ladies at the pier flattering them up. John Smith receives an email of orders to report for duty. John Smith flirts with the ladies and in a gentlemen manner... grabs the lady by the shoulder and attempts to give her first and possibly a final kiss. The lady shoves John away from her and smacks him on the face. John covers his face after getting smacked and yells out loud at the pier where everyone will hear, "I THOUGHT WE WERE IN LOVE!". Sudden pause of silence in the pier as everyone turns their attention to this crazy man John Smith. John looks around realizing his inevitable reality and drives off the pier, then reports for duty at Fort Zancudo.

Edited by Percival

-1. I believe it is unneeded in the current state of the server. The staff ng that we have only deploys once or twice a month and just sit very passively. And they have been used only once or twice in actual combat. Everything else you put in can be done by VTD or Metro or even normal GOB. 

Plus there is already a lack of leo for "night shift" were there can be 3 officer for 200 people. I feel like it will make it worse.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.