Dirty Mike

Make Tow Trucks available for purchase

Lots of Empty broken cars sitting around on the streets, would be cool if we could purchase a tow truck and transport them to the chop shop, Could also open up independent private tow trucks workers  giving tows to the mechanic when their is no mobile mechanic 

Maybe make it so if no one with keys  to the car your trying to tow is in the vicinity, it would start a timer like a picklock to get it on the truck and if it fails it alerts the owner of the car.

Edited by Dirty Mike
New idea for the mechanics of the tow truck for private use

Towtrucks require additional RP. I am quite sure making those available in this way will lower the RP standards for it.

On April 27 last year there was also an announcement including this part:

"We want all players to be able to interact with strangers, go to their homes without having to circle the block to make sure there are no other players around, fill up their car at the gas station properly without forcing themselves to leave as another player arrives."

Being quite sure the main use of those trucks for others would be stealing cars, I believe it would not improve the above mentioned situation. 

It had been suggested before to make more trucks available for other players too to address the issue of many mechanic calls, however the problem isn't solved by just adding trucks. There is a lot more to it.

In conclusion I personally feel like this will end up in a mess and the pro's will not make up for all the con's.

Edited by Yputi

On 3/10/2021 at 4:11 PM, Victor Einhart said:

What do you propose to prevent abuse where people tow cars to a chop shop?  You know that's what people will be doing.

Did you read my post? that was the idea was to get them to chop shops, criminals could have tow trucks, if you get caught towing a stolen car, your tow truck could be impounded with a heavy fine, That's not abuse that's real life, I think that  if a tow truck cost 50-75k and a 15 or 20k fine to get it out of impound if caught towing a stolen car that would balance out the risk vs reward 

1 hour ago, Dirty Mike said:

Did you read my post? that was the idea was to get them to chop shops, criminals could have tow trucks, if you get caught towing a stolen car, your tow truck could be impounded with a heavy fine, That's not abuse that's real life, I think that  if a tow truck cost 50-75k and a 15 or 20k fine to get it out of impound if caught towing a stolen car that would balance out the risk vs reward 

This would make it even easier to steal cars, and honestly it's already way too easy.