Hello, I would like to make a suggestion about prison time, it's probably been made many times before, but the more people make suggestions about it, the more it will likely change.

I really do think that the amount of time that people have to spend in prison is ridiculous, I've even heard of people having 8+ hours of prison time. At the end of the day, this is a game, and I don't know how many people have fun spending even 2+ hours in prison let alone anything more than that. Especially with the constant DM/rulebreaks and people just being generally annoying. It's more of an OOC punishment than it is an IC punishment. At least if you will not change the prison times/sentences, then let us be able to go onto an alternative character and have the amount of prison time that we have go down while we are on that character, so at least then some of the time is spent doing something that we enjoy doing. Personally I have an MD character, and I would love to be able to spend the 2+ hours I have to spend in prison, on that character helping people in the server who have been injured. 

I know that having the ALT character thing might make it so prisons may be 'empty' but there has to be some alternative to the sheer dread I personally face when there's multiple charges being stacked on my crim character, meaning I have to spend more of my personal time in jail. 

I also know that crimes have punishments, and that the point of prison is supposed to be rehabilitation, but at the end of the day, if you have a crim character, then you're a criminal. Yes you can have the option of going from crim to legal, but that also takes an unholy amount of time to do, so a lot of people do not do that. You're also criminal in the eyes of PD, who constantly discriminate against people who play crim characters IC. I've had things said to me IC'ly like 'oh you're just a dirty criminal' ect ect, after just leaving DOC and trying to sell a vehicle at HE, so what was the point in sending my crim character to DOC to spend 2+ hours of my own time doing nothing other than being tabbed out in a cell watching something like netflix just trying to pass the time. DOC RP is little to none, for most people, it's not fun or exciting, if you're not in with friends and there's no people that you get along with, then its just a nusance. 

I do not know what the logistics of this would be, as it is only a suggestion for the people that run this server to consider, unless you have personally spent that amount of time in prison, multiple times, you may not understand the pain that I and probably some other people feel going to prison in this GAME. 

• Like 4

+1

The new prison and the fact that guards interact with prisoners now makes sentences slightly more bearable, and I do enjoy annoying the guards until they want to kill themselves, but I do agree (and I always have) that sentences of up to 15+ hours are completely ridiculous, as you said. At the end of the day, it's still a video game and it's completely unreasonable to expect any crim players to be happy with such lengthy jail sentences. You get less time in ajail for actual rulebreaks, and the conditions are pretty much the same - being forced to stay logged in for x amount of time with nothing much to do - therefore it is and always has been an ooc punishment for an IC crime.

Another big problem with the prison system is charge stacking/book slapping (as in applying every charge they can think of). How can any cop player apply so many unnecessary charges with a good conscience knowing how much they are ruining the crim player's experience? I'll tell you why, it's because the majority of if occurs in bad faith, because these players feel some kind of need to act in a spiteful way and lock someone up for the maximum time. Maybe they think it's funny, maybe they just have some degree of hatred for the individual or crim players in general. I know for a fact, and others can attest to this, that some cops get off on charge stacking in some weird way; this is evident by them bragging about it over discord.

Mine and many other's positions on DOC rp may change if the suggestions in Balas thread were implemented, or more specifically the prison changes suggested by HighTV, so shoutout to them.

Shoutout to the cops that actually provide enjoyable RP and understand how crim players feel, you're amazing for not having some weird fetish for throwing players in DOC for 20 hours. I have always looked back favourably on this one situation with Dawpi where my sentence was actually reduced by 2 hours because I spent 2 hours in the back of a cruiser assisting in the RP of detectives ransacking my drug lab apartment (almost got away with it too).

To all PD players, please be considerate when applying charges, at the end of the day we're all here to have fun and we should all aim to provided the best experience for each other 🙂

• Like 3

++++1 

honestly its getting crazy with these times. I got pulled over and searched and went to jail for 90 minutes just for a unlicensed pistol.

Its a game and we need a fix for this i believe.

IC jail should not be longer than OOC/A jail.

Complying should get you a sentence decrease at least

• Like 2

+ Some things are giving jail time too much and it becomes boring to sit in like Reckless operation gives 20 mins of jail which I find a bit too long.

- easing jail time will increase crime RP and PD will not be able to deal with them as a criminal after 20 minutes of jail will do the same making PD go insane with call amount.

Sorry for bad english, and thanks for hearing me too 🙂 

On 2/16/2021 at 3:57 AM, mahmutg said:

++++1 

honestly its getting crazy with these times. I got pulled over and searched and went to jail for 90 minutes just for a unlicensed pistol.

Its a game and we need a fix for this i believe.

IC jail should not be longer than OOC/A jail.

Complying should get you a sentence decrease at least

An unlicensed pistol is 30 minutes. An illegal (imported) one is 60 minutes. Seems like you left out something...

Overall +1. I think jailtimes could be reduced by 20-25% for non lethal crimes. I still think that some serious felonies such as murder (including attempted) should be high enough times to encourage people not to do them.

• Like 2