enziii

PD/SD - FearRP (Suggestions)

Dear Community,

I think that PD/SD don't follow FearRP rules when chasing down criminals.

For example, what so called 'PIT' maneuvers are, turn into repetitive ramming. Simply I think that PD/SD should not be able to pit at speeds over 175 (should be a rule) as it is simply not realistic. If your pitting at that speeds you must have some insane fear tolerance. Surely you should fear for your life and even the criminals life as at that speeds you would most likely be severely injured or even dead.

Instead they should take more strategically approaches like performing road blocks or wait until the car is at a more realistic speed to 'PIT'. Also I think that PD/SD aren't following there own rules when 'PITTING'. Over my time playing I've seen multiple examples of PD/SD not showing realistic 'PITS'. Example - I have seen multiple PD/SD drivers straight up ramming, showing no strategy towards the 'PIT'.  If PD/SD attempted the pit and didn't succeed, they should back off and regain there position, and then try again. They shouldn't be able to just stay on the side of the criminal car, repetitvely ramming them off the road. 

Also I find that it is not realistic how cars like the Scout (Suv with high suspension), are able to pit cars like the Mamba (an open top car, with low suspension). Most likely in a real life scenario a car like the Scout would probably drive over top of the Mamba, killing the people inside. To make it more realistic the PD/SD should use a car with similar suspension height to pit, so there is less chance of a car driving over top one another.

Its just a suggestion but at the end of the day, I feel like it would help if one or more of my points get addressed.

• Upvote 1

You can not do a clean PIT as you see them in real-life because of game mechanics. The other car will continue to steer forward because the car doesn't lose as much traction as it does in real-life when pushed sideways. This in addition to desync caused by ping, low fps and a ton of networking issues because it's a mod of a console port.

There are many issues with using hard roadblocks, and some players even said that using roadblocks is unrealistic (https://forum.eclipse-rp.net/topic/49333-hold-leo-factions-to-the-same-risk-reward-non-rp-standards-that-criminals-are-held-to/?do=findComment&comment=257751).

Another large issue with your suggestion is that cars routinely slow down in real-life because the driver does not want to die, which is something that is not true in the context of the game, people regularly try to force their own death in order to get away from an arrest. They will happy hold W non-stop for a pursuit, zooming 240 km/h through 30 intersections. Even "high speed" pursuits in real life have large stretches in which the person being pursued slows down drastically, opening windows for pits. Until people are held to a more realistic driving standard in general, holding one faction unilaterally to a disproportionate standard seems excessive.

Until spike strips are fixed (bug reported here: https://forum.eclipse-rp.net/topic/56923-spike-strips-11-bug-update/ ) adding restrictions to pursuit protocol is unrealistic.

• Like 1

Should criminals not Fear for their own lives when being chased by police, when they are being pitted, or officers issue demands of lethal force?

It is a double edged sword, and at what point does it end, in order for this to work it needs to go both ways, I have seen folks ram cop cars with bikes using desync to send it flying, I have seen supercars ram into trucks, etc. It is a double sided argument, presenting a suggestion pushing for PD/SD to improve, but nothing stating concerns for non PD/SD factions.

• Like 1

But SD/PD should fear for there lives as if they were to ram a car at high speeds (175+) they could injure or even kill themselves. but I also agree on since spike strips are bugged no changes should be made until they come back as for when they do it could alternate the way chases are done. 

Edited by lucanotfound
  • Like 1
  • YAY 1

Coming from my perspective, I believe the situation with pursuits and PIT at the moment are totally fine. I understand from a criminals side that them being slammed by a cruiser at high speeds may ruin their chase but without spike strips we have a limited amount of ways to immobilize a car by force. 

Also, when some people speed down incorrect lane of travel at high speeds, they should be fearing for there life in that situation but they continue to do it.

Edited by Stephen Reeder
  • Like 1