Xoza

Laptops: Use as MDCs

I'd like to see laptops have more, expansive options.

For Law Enforcement and government, it would be great to allow laptops to be used as actual MDC's.

They could also be included in cruisers or government law enforcement vehicles and if removed, limits there capabilities. This could replace a GPS (as they often have the same capability and are all tied into the same system).

Government personnel could remove the laptop temporarily, or even purchase their own and be able to use it remotely. Or on a scene to analyse or operate the scene without having to ... jump in a vehicle to MDC, then jump back, get to the scene and talk to people again.

TLDR: Laptops work as MDC and allow /mdc within short range.

• Upvote 1

On 1/31/2021 at 11:39 AM, CalvinKlein said:

What about civilians / criminals , what would laptops do for them in this case 

I completely agree that all items in the game should have at least one use for each 'entity' Police/Criminal/Citizen... and I have been thinking about this for laptops..

Laptops should actually be turned into tablets that you can take out and be required while performing specific things.

• Police - MDC while on foot. Remote camera operation. Finger printing, photos and more.
  • Mechanics / Citizens - While Modview is Open.
  • Citizens - Acts as a GPS as well as radio. You can /speaker it, so others can hear the radio as well.
    • Are ingame car radios are synced now with 1.1?
  • Simply a /tablet command, so you can look like you're busy while AFK or Tabbed out.
  • Criminal
    • Hacking (minigame or low success chance, but similar chance to trigger an alarm or be discovered and locked out.)
      • Cameras, to access them remotely for a limited time.
      • Basic MDC information? Phone number, past charges, active misdemeanors/felonies.
    • Shipment tracking, maybe even bringing back limited ordering, and requiring a tablet to get shipment locations. If the tablet is stolen though, only the person with that tablet gets the notification 5 min before it's dropped. (This way it can also be passed).
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Xoza said:

I completely agree that all items in the game should have at least one use for each 'entity' Police/Criminal/Citizen... and I have been thinking about this for laptops..

Laptops should actually be turned into tablets that you can take out and be required while performing specific things.

• Police - MDC while on foot. Remote camera operation. Finger printing, photos and more.
  • Citizens - Acts as a GPS as well as radio. You can /speaker it, so others can hear the radio as well.
  • Simply a /tablet command, so you can look like you're busy while AFK or Tabbed out.
  • Criminal
    • Hacking (minigame or low success chance, but similar chance to trigger an alarm or be discovered and locked out.)
      • Basic MDC information? Phone number, past charges, active misdemeanors/felonies.
    • Shipment tracking, maybe even bringing back limited ordering, and requiring a tablet to get shipment locations. If the tablet is stolen though, only the person with that tablet gets the notification 5 min before it's dropped. (This way it can also be passed).

+1 to the hacking, and the shipment tracking will bring more RP opportunities to criminal factions.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Xoza said:

• Criminal

I like it

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.