Frewer

Putting Vehicles in bushes should count as not valuing your Vehicle

Not just SD but ill use them as example: Numerous times driving down the highway I've seen multiple SD cars hiding in Bushes or places that seem very non RP for vehicles to be put it this way would you want to park your car in a bush and have it scratched to bits? Or putting your vehicle in a position where you wouldn't realistically see or be able to get it out of such a situation.  Im no expert but if you attempt to park your car in a bush it would flatten the bush leaving you visible so it could be seen as abusing i don't know fully but it seems like it needs to be looked into.

• NAY 1
  • Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Danfrewer said:

Not just SD but ill use them as example: Numerous times driving down the highway I've seen multiple SD cars hiding in Bushes or places that seem very non RP for vehicles to be put it this way would you want to park your car in a bush and have it scratched to bits? Or putting your vehicle in a position where you wouldn't realistically see or be able to get it out of such a situation.  Im no expert but if you attempt to park your car in a bush it would flatten the bush leaving you visible so it could be seen as abusing i don't know fully but it seems like it needs to be looked into.

-1, even though I somewhat agree, I dont want everything that I can currently do becoming non RP. This is a game we play to try and have fun and the more "realism" you being in compromises on the fun aspect. Not everything should be NRP.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Let's be honest everyone does this. In drug labs gangs often hide their cars/bikes in bushes, as well as physically sit inside the bush. 

I do agree though, it doesn't make a lot of sense for SD to be sitting in bushes for a speed trap. SD recently had an internal announcement to encourage us to perform better RP by not parking inside of bushes. Do we expect the same from criminals now?

+/- I am not really for or against it. It's something that will be used for petty reports.

I would like people to not do that, but at the same time, I do not want this to turn into yet another thing that people report others for in attempts to get them punished + cars get stolen and staff need to verify last driver in game.

Don't think a rule is needed, but instead should be something that people look at and try to do better.

• Like 3

-1. While I do agree it would promote more realism, I don't think it should be a rule. It should be common sense for people to promote better RP. By making it a rule, I feel like it'll turn into another report-fest over tickets or petty things. All it takes is for you to park you vehicle behind a bush instead of inside of it.

RP also needs to be enjoyable and adding all these unnecessary limitations does nothing good for the server. Adding hundreds of rules for small things like this just makes it less fun, we are playing a game after all. You shouldn't have to continuously think of the rules and just enjoy the roleplay. In the real world, most people don't speed everywhere but in RP everyone does, so maybe you should think realistically and stop speeding 24/7.

I personally think it should be a choice of the player if they want to roleplay extraordinarily heavily or not.

• Like 2