Braxton_Smith

Unrealistic Police Overpower.

Okay, so to start out, I am not attacking anybody or anyone with this. I just see something that I feel needs to be fixed. Police Officers or any Law Enforcement in that matter normally have to have certain trainings and so so much more that they have to go through before even owning anything other than a shotgun and a pistol. To have police officers driving around in Lambos with a full armory at the brink of their scroll wheel is a little out of control. The server is starting to feel more like a Cops and Robbers server and there is essentially no point to even being a criminal anymore because it is essentially fishing simulator with the occasional interaction here and there. And on top of this most police officers I've encountered in-game have no actual intention of RP, they just want to shoot and chase which is extremely unrealistic. I do understand that this is a Light-RP server but it does seem as if the server is heading toward a Cops and Robbers approach to things and I feel that is not the direction the community (other than police) want. I'm just voicing my opinion and want to see how others feel. Again, I do not mean any harm by this, I just don't see the RP aspect of the server when cops are driving around in Lambos and pulling tactical SMGs out of their asses so they can't ever lose. And there is a case with the one picture of the LAPD Lambo which was purchased by the LAPD Chief of Police which is never actually used and sits in his personal garage as a conversation piece but I honestly do not see an RP approach as to where this in-game police department got the millions of dollars in funding to not only afford Lambos but Tanks and a full armory for almost every officer. I understand that winning is fun but it is nice to share sometimes. C'mon guys.. we all want to have fun too 😞

• Like 1
  • NAY 2
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 2
  • polarcop 2

I totally agree with what your saying about them having a ridiculous armoury at the scroll of there mouse wheel, I believe there should be better officer training simulations in place. And a better ranking system in the police departments. They should have to reach a certain amount of experience as a standard patrol officer and then get trained before being given heavy weapons (IE: When to use them). Because not only does this always give them the upper-hand in a cop on criminal situation which does not make sense since in a real life situation most officers have a handgun, mace and a taser. So why do they have shotguns and rifles. It also floods the community/gangs with ridiculous armoury's since they love killing the cops and stealing the weapons.

I don't know how hard it would be to implement better RP training to officer but i think the dev's and admins could come up with something.

On 1/8/2021 at 7:30 AM, Braxton_Smith said:

Police Officers or any Law Enforcement in that matter normally have to have certain trainings and so so much more that they have to go through before even owning anything other than a shotgun and a pistol. To have police officers driving around in Lambos with a full armory at the brink of their scroll wheel is a little out of control. 

You clearly have 0 clue on how the faction operates. In order to qaulify to be certified for a shotgun, the very bare minimum amount of time you need to be in the faction is 2 months. That is considering everything goes smoothly and you get promoted in the minimum time needed. Then you have to actually be certified for the weapon, and if you fail the test/have a bad internal record you may be denied access to it.

The minimum rank to take out a high speed unit is a supervisory rank. It can take faction members up to a year to even reach that point. Myself personally have even after being in the faction for over 6 months, don't have access to that yet, and theres alot more people who've been around for longer without access to one. The fact that you can say we get given a shotgun, a pistol and more straight off the bat with 0 RP on trainings or anything other than that is not accurate.

On 1/27/2021 at 8:46 PM, AimCex said:

It also floods the community/gangs with ridiculous armoury's since they love killing the cops and stealing the weapons.

Police weapons are not stealable and have not been for a very long time exactly to prevent that sort of abuse.

I agree with your opinion that PD is getting overpowered and its getting unrealistic.

Firstly if we talk about chase situations , everyone know when there is a police chase there are like 20 cops chasing a person with an x-ray on top that doesn't happen in real life , very high profile suspects are only dealt with like that , and to top that everyone knows how cops drive when they are chasing someone, it becomes gta online at that point hitting everything on the road , literally people die when there is a chase , someone gets hit on the intersection , someone is hit while riding a bike when there is a chase goin on and much more , and overall when we talk about damage realistically they are damaging state property , IRL when there arises a situation where a suspect is fleeing from the scene after being pulled over for a reckless or something not that big of a deal they just don't chase them the whole day with half the police department , they just make a warrant serve it at their house or when there is the chance of least casualties . While here that doesn't happen for a reckless that turns into felony evading as soon as the suspects starts his engine after getting pulled over , if you look at police codes IRL evading police is a misdemeanor until that guy kills or harms a police officer or a citizen or how critical a situation becomes , in here if you even literally go a mile hardly on highway running from cops and get caught with no casualties or no damage you still get felony evading , its a 20k ticket with jail time , but the PD causes more damage than 20k while trying to chase the guy. talking about x-ray , choppers are highly expensive assets and there fuel is very expensive so they just don't get called on every single chase situation but completely opposite here. When it comes to arresting procedure , when you pull over a citizen who has a warrant for small time thing , like driving way too fast through a speed cam , IRL they call one additional unit just in case of backup but here you get the pleasure of 6 cruisers straight up or even more. Now comes the police questioning , when police do a traffic stop usually the police officer makes small talk , like where are you going ? , where are you coming from and do you live around here , what's your job and a lot of other small stuff just to come with a friendly approach and to make the guy in the car feel a little bit at ease .One more thing they do is tap the back of the car , that is done firstly to make sure the trunk is closed and secondly to leave a fingerprint of the cop on the car just in case something happens and the fingerprint can be later used to link the car to the scene and the officer , now that can be done here too to add to RP .Now comes the items the police officers are to take when they go on duty usually police officers are assigned a single cruiser and they stick to that until they are assigned a new car or it is damaged to a point that it is deemed dangerous to drive , but the script here they can just pull out a new one is seconds and despawn the old one whether it is for fuel or damage , and moslty I have never seen them rp taking a cruiser out , although I know they rp the body cam and stuff but personally I have never seen them rp taking it out of garage and inspecting it and stuff , now what I like to suggest is that a system be implemented where they have to refuel like near the garage or something rather than just pulling out a new one in seconds and the refueling should have a timer although they shouldn't pay for it as gov pays for PDs fuel but for damage what I like to see is that when ever a police officer puts a car back (despawn) in the garage , depending upon the damage there should be an amount deducted from the faction treasury as a cost on repairs and the whole process should be logged so at the end of the week if there is an officer who is costing PD alot of money in repairs and much more can be evaluated by an evaluation officer who has to make a report on that evaluation and send it to HR . Now this will make the police officers treat their cruisers as their personal cars and treat them as valuable assets and that will prevent the whole ramming and hitting every single thing on the road in chase and in general situations. Now the SWAT thing , every chase after a while you see a white kamacho thats the big bois "SWAT" now IRL swat isn't called on chases , its a Tactical Response Unit and they are called in when there is a very dangerous situation on hand not when a guy in a warraner is evading cops , you can call them when the guy who is evading you gets a backup of 50 people all with aks and shotguns yea then you can call them and thats what they are for. Now addressing the line "PULL OVER OR FORCE WILL BE USED" , the term force doesn't mean you ram the next guy and make him fly literally quarter of a mile , The term force in this statement is defined as adequate amount of force that will ensure safety of the suspect aswell as the officer who will engage the car while trying to immobilize the car with enough force that will do minimum harm to both parties involved . Now alot of us have encountered a situation where we used a bike to evade cops and at a point in chase you see a slope or a bump and you bike lifts of the ground and flies for some distance and as soon as you do that you have 50 cops in you PMs saying NRP NRP NRP NRP save POV save POV well they are right but when the tables are turned and you see a cop going over a bump making his cruiser fly or generally doing something unrealistic and you go OOC and say NRP and the first response you get is Please Keep Thing IC and you tell them save POV and next thing you know you have a forum report against you for Mixing or using /b too much , like come on. PD is given alot of stuff and alot of assets that if used properly can make the law enforcement RP on whole different level and thats what it should be but in my opinion some , not all abuse that and try to win over a situation cuz they think they have the moral high ground but some actually try to be good in rp aswell as trying to make there character better.I mean crim side ain't perfect either but what can they do they are asset wise nothing compared to PD , They are targeted like crazy with the sole reason that yea he is a known crim .

Both sides need work but PD need more than crim side cuz they actually have something that they can work on and they have alot of assets and it is one of the most essential factions and the one you interact with the most while crims cannot do much until PD is off there high horse and actually give them a chance to just live their lives.

That is just my opinion with some facts in it and everyone has a right to disagree with it.

Edited by Andy Mason
  • Upvote 1

I think this post is making a lot of assumptions without knowing how things work. People are trained hard before being able to take out heavy weaponry. Weapons and Items in general that are from lockers are scriptly locked to your character.
Is PD strong ? Yes they are. But they should be. Criminals should be trying hardcore to avoid police interaction. As a gang/mafia style RP, you don't generally want the government's attention.
Also, what is the suggestion here? Because I do agree that a lot of things need to be fixed, however I don't see any constructive ideas here.

• NAY 1
  • polarcop 1

Criminal should try hardcore to avoid police  , Seriously ? How they get no chance , a gang member is fishing and he goes to fish drop-off to drop his fish and is doing nothing wrong and he gets pulled by a cop who arrests him for nothing , no probable cause no nothing nada , ask a cop "why he arrested him?" "we know he is a gang member must be doin something illegal" like ya all don't even want to admit what you do wrong . Like someone posts a suggestion and moment a cop sees it and topic has anything to do with PD they just start flooding the post with same comments over and over and over again "We are a law enforcement faction and our RP is held to the highest standard blah blah blah blubity blah" like never I have seen someone say yea we did this wrong or we should try to avoid these situations or something , Do you guys realize if a guy is a gang member that's not probable cause to arrest or search him unless he is engaging in an illegal activity or is seen doing illegal stuff in past couple of hours , no one said anything about traffic stop you can pull a gang member on traffic stops , question them for however long you want just don't assume stuff and arrest them on spot, IRL when police are dealing with gang members they tend to pull them at traffic stops not to arrest them cuz they don't have anything new on them so they question and keep them on traffics stop just to annoy them to make them slip so they can get there evidence and then arrest them other than that if they dont have anything they can do nothing. 

You want constructive ideas ,here are some read a real PD handbook and read the actual laws and try to fix your RP to a standard that you actually say PD has and fix the mentality about winning every situation . Thats a start right there.......

@Andy Mason Come join PD then, see how it all works, because I can assure you that you will find its alot harder to get a shotgun here and a "Lambo" then you think....
To gain access to even a shotgun requires you to complete no less then 3 months in the faction, as well as complete a exam and practical test. 

Secondly to gain the "Lambo" takes a member roughly 6mths to a year to get to that point. Gain access to the advanced weapons requires you to join the Special operations bureau, which you are then forced to attend 8 trainings a month no less then 2hours each, failure to do so will result in you losing said permissions. 

It is a shame folks speak so about factions that have little to no insight surrounding, ask some of your friends who have alts in PD and you will find that there is a lot MORE to it then you can imagine. Just to pass the academy and the basic training takes you over a month.

Every month we review roughly 100 applications of that, 30 make it to interview, of that 30, 20 become cadets, of that 20, 18 make it to an actual officer.... then after that about 1 will make it to a sergeant or detective.... and of every year of recruiting and training 2 will make it to a position in the Command team.

Thus if you think there are issues with the way PD operates, come join the faction, see what it takes to be a member.

8 hours ago, Andy Mason said:

Criminal should try hardcore to avoid police  , Seriously ? How they get no chance , a gang member is fishing and he goes to fish drop-off to drop his fish and is doing nothing wrong and he gets pulled by a cop who arrests him for nothing , no probable cause no nothing nada , ask a cop "why he arrested him?" "we know he is a gang member must be doin something illegal" like ya all don't even want to admit what you do wrong . Like someone posts a suggestion and moment a cop sees it and topic has anything to do with PD they just start flooding the post with same comments over and over and over again "We are a law enforcement faction and our RP is held to the highest standard blah blah blah blubity blah" like never I have seen someone say yea we did this wrong or we should try to avoid these situations or something , Do you guys realize if a guy is a gang member that's not probable cause to arrest or search him unless he is engaging in an illegal activity or is seen doing illegal stuff in past couple of hours , no one said anything about traffic stop you can pull a gang member on traffic stops , question them for however long you want just don't assume stuff and arrest them on spot, IRL when police are dealing with gang members they tend to pull them at traffic stops not to arrest them cuz they don't have anything new on them so they question and keep them on traffics stop just to annoy them to make them slip so they can get there evidence and then arrest them other than that if they dont have anything they can do nothing. 

You want constructive ideas ,here are some read a real PD handbook and read the actual laws and try to fix your RP to a standard that you actually say PD has and fix the mentality about winning every situation . Thats a start right there.......

If you affiliate yourself with a gang that is usually  doing illegal things, you will be searched. If you drop colors, act like a civilian, you won't be treated the same. It makes perfect sense for people affiliated with a dangerous gang to get hit harder by law enforcement don't you think ?

As you stated PD does the same thing in here with gang members, but a lot of them just jump the gun thinking they'll be arrested when they're simply pulled over.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.