KimeyBear101

Prison Time Cap and Other punishments

I know people IRL can get a life sentence for crimes. But, in the server i don't think people should have to spend 10 hours in a prison. 

The new prison has opened up a new level of RP for individuals, but even a great rp can't go on for 10 hours. There needs to be a cap on how much we can put someone in prison.

As I am apart of the DOC faction, I've spoke to many inmates and some inmates have gained charges for up to 12 hours. And its been a very common acurance. 

POSSIBLE CHANGES: 

I recommend a cap of 5/6 hours. And maybe even charges to not be scriptly stacked. So it can help keep the hours down. Maybe a script added, so once you reach a certain amount of hours while adding charges, it won't allow you to add more. 

Also, I know IC actions equal IC consequences, but have we ever thought about adding community service? Could really add some rp, having people going around city helping to make it a better place. This can then be added on their record and help the person with legal jobs in the future. ((This could be an IC matter however. So not so much this in terms of script changes.))

• Like 5
  • NAY 1

It was recently (around 1 month-ish back) decided that serious charges such as murder will now be charged multiple times depending on how many times it is done. For example, if someone kills 2 people, then shoots at 1 police officer, they will get 2x Murder and 1x Attempted Murder of a Gov. Employee. The changes were made mostly to discourage people just going around killing people without any regard. Someone involed in killing 8 people in a shootout was to get the same charge as someone killing 1 person in a small robbery, which wasn't fair. I think that if prison times were capped once more, these changes would mostly become irrelevant, and it will continue encouraging more people to partake in shootouts without much regard.

A regular evasion, if not done with anything else, is usually just 60 minutes. If you were driving extremely bad, maybe 120 minutes max. Regular charges still carry reasonable prison times. If you can only afford to spend 6 hours+ in jail once a week, then that should be how much you go around shooting at people. The rest should be filled with other RP.

• NAY 1

We have reduced the time per charge significantly a while back. It also wasn't recently decided to charge people with multiple counts if they have committed multiple offences, that was part of the original announcement way back in 2019. 

On 6/22/2020 at 12:28 PM, FatherOsborn said:

Hello, this sure was an old suggestion revived.

I believe I've said this in previous suggestions, so I'll keep it short. We're not interested in introducing a cap again, instead, we've purposely kept jail/prison times for individual crimes low to let players decide themselves what they want to do and how they want the outcome to look like.

"our driver *redacted* decided to evade cause he didn't want to get reckless operation, we got chased by PD and got caught," was in a recent Internal Affairs Report. This is just an example to show that something that could've turned into a few minutes sentence, ended up being hours, because of somebody's actions. And this is a common occurrence despite us not having a cap.

So introducing a cap will not do us any good, we want there to be consequences for your IC actions. If you feel that there's a lack of RP or scripted features in prison to make your stay more enjoyable, please focus on suggesting scripted features and/or rules to make your stay more enjoyable.

- Osborn.

3 hours ago, Kimeybear said:

And maybe even charges to not be scriptly stacked. So it can help keep the hours down. Maybe a script added, so once you reach a certain amount of hours while adding charges, it won't allow you to add more. 

This goes against RP.

Regardless on if there is a cap on time or not (I'm indifferent, it doesn't impact me whatsoever) a player should always be charged with all the accurate charges to accurately represent the RP their character got involved in. If they shoot 10 cops after holding one hostage then going on a dangerous pursuit around the city for hours, they should receive all charges on their record regardless of an OOC scripted restriction to accurately represent their character's actions. Having something prevent accurate recording of crimes goes against character development entirely.

As above, I'm indifferent on a proposed cap. People should focus more on realistically roleplaying a criminal character and not getting caught doing these crimes that create long sentences. People should be scared of prison.

Hello, we are at this moment not interested in a prison cap.

The average criminal that evades sits nowhere close to 5+ hours in prison. The criminal that commits several murders do. (Example: Two days ago a gang (or two gangs(?) staged an ambush that killed 5+ officers. Three or something involved in the ambush were caught alive, and they were given around 700 minutes [- VIP jail/prison time reduction].) This is reasonable given the action. If they want to stage ambushes frequently, they risk getting these sentences more frequently as well.

The quote by Alexalex is still relevant. 

Please make sure to go through old suggestions before posting a new one!

(EDIT: About community service, any additional RP that DOC wants to provide prisoners should be documented by its faction leader and forwarded to legal factions. This way it can be applied onto a faction scripting requests document. Community Service would be dope!)

- Osborn.

• Like 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.