Qiang

this is not fair

On 12/24/2020 at 1:07 PM, Jbacon said:

@Machete The PD factions focus on IC development we do not look at the OOC requests of players often. If you wish to truly make a difference, make yourself an ALT, prove you can RP to our standards then join the faction and get to a position where you can directly impact the faction. Until then throwing salt is not the best way, you don't see PD coming into gang discussions and throwing shade around, please do not do it to ours, when clearly you don't understand the faction or the efforts it takes to even join it let alone make it to a mid level position.

I was in PD, left because the force continuum was a joke and people played a cop around the server rules instead of proper use of the force continuum. Probable cause is now a joke like what went wrong there? Chases are almost always a win, there is no challenge when X ray is up. Higher ups try to enforce policies they don't follow themselves and then shout at others that violated them. I was told once that I had to refer to a police bike as a cruiser by a chief which was just like what the hell? People constantly metagaming in teamspeak including admins, moderators which is fucked up. 

Barely anyone in a leo faction has a character story, everyone just RP's themselves and therefore get mad when they lose a situation. LEO factions having higher standards then any other faction is a myth. The only thing that they do right is /me's and /do's. Apart from that barely anything is RP'ed. When I switched over to crim and joined a gang I had to adapt to a whole new culture, slang, way of thinking, way of speaking (I learned to talk low and dominant), what kind of character traits will I be using, will i be a relentless murderer or a criminal with moral. almost every cop looks the same and got no background or anything.

I've seen so many people leave because there's only two types of RP anymore on here, that is copRP or fishRP. 

IA is either corrupt as fuck or doesn't have a clue what holds up in court and how the real life penal code works, I highly advise to at least google "impeding traffic". Chiefs running around insulting people and directly violating their CPR. there is no point in IA reporting because its a joke.

Even when I rub the facts in your faces nothing is going to change.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Machete said:

I was told once that I had to refer to a police bike as a cruiser by a chief which was just like what the hell? People constantly metagaming in teamspeak including admins, moderators which is fucked up. 

If this is true, then RIP.

31 minutes ago, Machete said:

almost every cop looks the same and got no background or anything.

This is what we call robotic roleplay, where COPS act exactly like GTA storymode bots COPS, they don't interact with you unless you are doing something wrong. 
But to be fair, I've seen cops that got a background and have their own story behind cop life, so we should respect those.

Edited by Danyby

5 minutes ago, Danyby said:

This is what we call robotic roleplay, where COPS act exactly like GTA storymode bots COPS, they don't interact with you unless you are doing something wrong. 
But to be fair, I've seen cops that got a background and have their own story behind cop life, so we should respect those.

Yeah but out of those 250 LEO's I'd maybe consider maybe like 10 people to really be iconic. On the crim side I could at least say 10 out of 40 members in a gang are iconic. 

9 hours ago, Machete said:

Yeah but out of those 250 LEO's I'd maybe consider maybe like 10 people to really be iconic. On the crim side I could at least say 10 out of 40 members in a gang are iconic. 

@Machete Who was your pd character? as you seem to have formed some opinions and bias that appears to be from a bad standpoint. Based on what you said about character traits and "slang" that is all stuff you were welcome to develop within the PD faction but chose to rather not develop we do not force members to develop "slangs" as a department our job and roleplay is to be law enforcement, should you have not chosen to participate in the internal RP, discussion and character development that occurs every second a PD member is on duty was your decision.
It would be nice to know who your character was so i can look into its history and see if you progressed in the department where avenues open up, especially considering you seem to slander factions you don't agree with frequently.

11 hours ago, Machete said:

I was in PD, left because the force continuum was a joke and people played a cop around the server rules instead of proper use of the force continuum. Probable cause is now a joke like what went wrong there? Chases are almost always a win, there is no challenge when X ray is up. Higher ups try to enforce policies they don't follow themselves and then shout at others that violated them. I was told once that I had to refer to a police bike as a cruiser by a chief which was just like what the hell? People constantly metagaming in teamspeak including admins, moderators which is fucked up. 

Actually in your resignation post Moody, you said you said you left over an outstanding metagaming player report from a member of our faction that was back in PD at the time, or at least that is what you told. That you did not feel welcome in the PD any more. I don't know where all this about the force continuum has come from. It was quite a while ago, so you could be forgiven for remembering incorrectly.

As for the allegations of metagaming by administrators and moderators, that's an asinine comment to make, especially without any proof and if you have proof of that and do not tell anyone, you could be liable for punishment for doing so.

Barely anyone in a leo faction has a character story, everyone just RP's themselves and therefore get mad when they lose a situation. LEO factions having higher standards then any other faction is a myth. The only thing that they do right is /me's and /do's. Apart from that barely anything is RP'ed. When I switched over to crim and joined a gang I had to adapt to a whole new culture, slang, way of thinking, way of speaking (I learned to talk low and dominant), what kind of character traits will I be using, will i be a relentless murderer or a criminal with moral. almost every cop looks the same and got no background or anything.

With regards to the character story, you know what I would have to agree with you on that. I think there are a lot of cops that roleplay themselves but then at the same time, is that such a bad thing as long as they are role-playing? They have to play a role, so why not the role they play the best? Is role-play not a form of escapism? A chance to be the best version of one's self. That being said, that is not a police faction problem, that's a server wide issue. 

As for getting mad when they lose a situation. Sure, people get mad when they die, but much has been made of what PD loses when they die. I would hazard a guess that criminals overall get more angry about losing than cops do. As for anything being role-played, the simple fact is that in encounters with some players, there is no reward for good roleplay. No one wants to stop and take a breath, it's all about now now now. About getting the win and not being able to take the loss.

Playing criminal is a completely different experience to cop, but it's not a whole new world out there either Jasmine. There are some great criminal role-players on this server but scratch the surface on that selective bunch and it's like the Clone Wars. People wearing the same item of coloured clothing, painting their cars the same colour, running around with the same people doing the same thing. 

I've seen so many people leave because there's only two types of RP anymore on here, that is copRP or fishRP. 

IA is either corrupt as fuck or doesn't have a clue what holds up in court and how the real life penal code works, I highly advise to at least google "impeding traffic". Chiefs running around insulting people and directly violating their CPR. there is no point in IA reporting because its a joke.

Sure, there are people have left the server because they have gotten bored or they are frustrated with the direction of the server but at the same time, people have also joined the server and stayed, leading to a steady and healthy server population. Reality is, that's life. This could be the best server in the world and people would still leave eventually. 

Again with the baseless accusations when it comes to IA. Previously IA in PD was run by Archaeah/Cynthia Shelby who is an experienced cop with actual years of experience and a senior admin. You would be hard pushed to find someone with more knowledge on the IC or OOC rules in the community than her. It's now run by Pazz/Elena Blake, who again has literal years of experience of cop roleplay on this server and is incredibly knowledgeable about the rules. I know this because half the time it's me she's correcting. As for "what holds up in court", the laws that we all have to abide by IC have been created by mostly members of the senior and head admin team. While none of them have law degrees, I'd suggest that they probably have more of a handle on what's correct than most. Just this week, a handful of people have gotten in trouble for IA related stuff, so don't talk rubbish.

Your facts are not factual, they're opinions and they are incredibly biased ones at that. You talk about things not changing but here you are with another negative cop post.
Because IA don't agree with you, they are corrupt. Because cops don't let you get away, they're poor role-players. 

Like I said, no one is willing to be the one to take the L.

10 hours ago, Machete said:

Why would an LEO need to be iconic? It's not about the individual, it's about the thin blue line, it's about the department. Yeah there are standout cops and characters but we're restricted in the way we can behave by procedure. Criminals have much more scope to express themselves, with Cops it's about getting the job done. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I'm not trying to slander factions at all, I'm trying to provide constructive criticism by pointing out things out that could use some improvement. I've got my own way of complaining about it. Can't expect people to not voice their opinion when things are in a really bad state right now and I do know some Iconic people in both PD and SD, I could name some people of the top of my head. I didn't put everything on my resignation as I just didn't care anymore, especially after a friend of mine got harassed on twitch on how she forgot stuff from her fts's. Not a place I wanted to be a part of anymore.

I remember a shootout where everyone just kept opening fire onto a criminal that did put his hands after getting out of the vehicle. There was a 10-1 about it, I addressed the concern, grace got mad about it, nobody was interested and nothing happened with it. Like if that were to happen in real life the cop would be spending his time in jail. I had a chief that I know doesn't have ooc corruption lie on IA about and impeding traffic arrest, like either he's corrupt or just doesn't know how the impeding traffic is enforced in real life. maybe its a LEO problem? I think its more of a penal code problem and ignorance on how to enforce it.

Lately some cops decide to just tail you for no reason, stalker like tailing. Driving behind you constantly, even stopping themselves when you tab out to change songs. Not to mention all the cops complaining there is no action anymore and then stacking someone in jail for 30 hours. Don't get me wrong I loved being in PD for the first 6 months, then I started to see the the bad things about it. Loads of people use this faction when their gang dies to get revenge too which is a problem that hasn't been addressed either.

Hope some change comes soon.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Machete said:

I'm not trying to slander factions at all, I'm trying to provide constructive criticism by pointing out things out that could use some improvement. I've got my own way of complaining about it. Can't expect people to not voice their opinion when things are in a really bad state right now and I do know some Iconic people in both PD and SD, I could name some people of the top of my head. I didn't put everything on my resignation as I just didn't care anymore, especially after a friend of mine got harassed on twitch on how she forgot stuff from her fts's. Not a place I wanted to be a part of anymore.

There is nothing constructive about any of your PD posts at all. You can voice your opinion all you want, one of the down sides of free speech I guess but the anti-PD rhetoric you spout given half a chance has got boring.

If things are in a bad state, it is not the fault of the Los Santos Police Department. We're a reactionary faction. We respond to things, we do not initiate things.

I remember a shootout where everyone just kept opening fire onto a criminal that did put his hands after getting out of the vehicle. There was a 10-1 about it, I addressed the concern, grace got mad about it, nobody was interested and nothing happened with it. Like if that were to happen in real life the cop would be spending his time in jail. I had a chief that I know doesn't have ooc corruption lie on IA about and impeding traffic arrest, like either he's corrupt or just doesn't know how the impeding traffic is enforced in real life. maybe its a LEO problem? I think its more of a penal code problem and ignorance on how to enforce it.

How do you know nothing happened with it? You got access to the personnel files of the PD members? There are IA disciplinaries handed out every single week to people for a variety of different infractions. Neither Kris or Pazz are the sort of people that will let bad behaviour slide. Trust me on that, I know, i've been on the wrong end of it. I've been in Internal Affairs so I know the process, the burden of proof is on the reporter. Some of the reports criminals make get tossed out because they've failed to supply properly taken IC evidence. 

There are a variety of different levels of punishments for IA reports and misbehaviour in PD in general, some of them you won't get to know about, some of them are public. But it seems like, unless the person is getting the boot from PD and getting fucked over, IA Corrupt yo.

Lately some cops decide to just tail you for no reason, stalker like tailing. Driving behind you constantly, even stopping themselves when you tab out to change songs. Not to mention all the cops complaining there is no action anymore and then stacking someone in jail for 30 hours. Don't get me wrong I loved being in PD for the first 6 months, then I started to see the the bad things about it. Loads of people use this faction when their gang dies to get revenge too which is a problem that hasn't been addressed either.

Hope some change comes soon.

See there you go again, they're not tailing you for no reason. They are tailing you for a reason. The reason might not be apparent to you, but there is a reason.

If someone is going to jail for 30 hours, they've done a hell of a lot to deserve it. I'm not a fan of uncapped prison sentences but at the same time, if people want to live by the sword and do whatever the fuck they want, they'll probably die by it too.

Charging someone from crimes they have committed, is not charge stacking. Charge stacking is giving someone charges multiple times for the same offence. If you rob a group of people at gunpoint, you aren't going to get multiple armed robbery charges for that, unless you went to a different group of people and robbed them for example.

• Like 2

I feel you, we all face unfairness cases around.

Guess I know how to solve it.

We could actually create a suggestion about creating a Government faction or something similar where Administration memebrs would be the foundering members.

We have some government website here, which can also be modified/edited.

So the point is, if a player feels like something happened unfairly, they would be able to report it to Government, then Government members would state their opinions and handle a situation by voting.

I think this could be something useful, IC/OOC.

On 1/11/2021 at 11:36 AM, Machete said:

I 100% agree with this post and couldn't have said it better myself. This is on point.